“Great sea food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great sea food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Very nice decor, One problem was the bugs we got bitten and asked for them to bring bug spray...Food is very good and we will go back very soon...It's on a nice side street in Playa and not that many crowds going by so you can here everyone talk...

Visited October 2012

montreal
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

John Grays Kitchen in Puerto Morelos Quinta Roo is as good as it gets . Everytime I have been to P.M. I never got around to eating there . this time I did . Would recommend it highly ,and will be at the top of my list when I go back in the winter .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Berwyn, Pennsylvania, United States
“So Delicious, we went 3 times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

So amazing we went back twice, while enjoying our Honeymoon in Puerto Morelos! We are actually planning to go back one last time before we leave Mexico. From the time we parked our car the service was excellent, the waiter was very attentive. During our visits we enjoyed the skirt steak, grouper, risotto, and pork loin. All were amazing! The mango salsa on the grouper had a great flavor profile and the fish was cooked perfectly. My husband and I had ordered fish at another location our first night that did not hit the mark. John visited our table during both visits, he was conversational and took great pride in his food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint-Jérôme QC
“One of the reasons why Puerto Morelos is terrific”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Our family made the pilgrimage from Akumal to Puerto Morelos (about 60km) just to eat at John Gray's. We had stayed in Puerto Morelos 3 years ago, we loved the village and we liked eating at John Gray's. The menu is concise with only 6 or 7 main courses,the five of us each had something different from the menu, that had not changed all that much in 3 years (that was good news). Be it the duck, the perfectly cooked skirt steak, Gorgonzola crusted pork everything was really very good. The wine list if not extensive was varied with good wines from California and south america. For us a great day in Puerto Morelos must include supper at this restaurant. Thanks guys it was really delicious.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Norwich UK
“the food lets down the great name”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I am a vegetarian and my daughter and son in law together with my husband ate here my daughter and I are vegetarian and chose an option no ( veggie options) which could be adapted they said to suit after a long wait with only around 6 people in there the meal arrived together with meat . They did change it but seemed very surly we felt very uncomfortable have not been back

Visited April 2012