This is our last night in Puerto Morelos. We had stayed in Play Del Carmen for a week in a condo and then moved over here for the last 3 nights. This little hotel is just so cute. Very traditional Mexican décor and lovely jungle look with all the foliage--really like the entrance and how it is open to allow the breezes to come thru the entire grounds. You are provided a key to the entrance door of the hotel, which they lock at night in the event you stay out late--which we did one night :). Otherwise the door stays open. When we came in late, my husband laughingly told me he felt like he owned the place b/c he had a key to open the front door!
We stayed in room 22 on the first floor and it comes with a frig, microwave, kitchenette type--all cooking utensils and plates etc. The AC and ceiling fan works great!! The flooring is painted concrete, which is smooth and cool. there is a connecting door to the other room, but we have not heard anything from the occupants. Someone had mentioned that the lock to that door is flimsy and I would have to agree-that needs to be changed. But it is a quiet place and we have thoroughly enjoyed winding down from our trip. the grounds are well cared for and the pool was completely refreshing. The bed was comfortable and the price for the room was excellent.
They offer continental breakfast but we did not try it--too many other options so close. The top floor has a huge palapa that you can look out over the town and the water. It also has very good wifi--good enough to make a voip call.
The Best part about this hotel is its close (and I mean "short, leisurely walk" close) proximity to all the restaurants; the cantina; the town square. The restaurants are so close together that you can easily walk past one and not realize you missed it.
Although this hotel completely fit our needs for a short stay, I felt comfortable enough that I could have stayed here longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming hotel with a very laid-back atmosphere, excellent personallized service, comfortable and clean installations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Posada el Moro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada El Moro Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Posada El Moro Puerto Morelos
- Posada El Moro Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos