We just came back from a week long stay in Puerto Morelos- 3 nights at Posada el Moro and 3 at an all-inclusive for a wedding. We loved Posada and wished we would have stayed there the whole time instead!
The rooms we're super clean, pretty, and airy. The beds we're comfy and the shower was just fine. We stayed in a junior suite which was more than enough for our family of five. We could have brought one more person with no problem.
The grounds are very pretty, and the pool looks nice though we didn't use it. The location is the best, a short walk to anything you could want to do in Puerto Morelos. We were pushing a stroller everywhere and a cab wasn't a good option for us and the location was perfect even given that. Close to the beach and they give you jumbo beach towels to take there!
Based on some reviews I was concerned about the sound. We have a baby and hence aren't bar hoppers, nor do we want to hear it. We didn't hear it! There was seriously hardly any noise, and no more than normal life. Maybe the other reviewers are from quiet farmland, what I heard is not likely to keep anyone up.
As a bonus, they held our stroller secured in the office for us when we weren't using us which saved us the folding and unfolding. It's quite expensive and I had no concerns about the security of it. We also used the laundry service which costs next to nothing. I'm super cheap and I'd recommended it for anyone. Hot, clean folded laundry...now that's a vacation!
Continental breakfast is enough to hold you over till you either order more there (yummy and worth it) or walk to one of the many surrounding restaurants.
Safe, quiet little town. Loved Posada El Moro. If you don't know Miguel by name when you get there, you will by the next day. He's always there to make sure your stay is excellent. I highly recommend, and will return.
- Also Known As:
- Posada El Moro Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Posada El Moro Puerto Morelos
- Posada El Moro Hotel
- Posada El Moro Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming hotel with a very laid-back atmosphere, excellent personallized service, comfortable and clean installations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Posada el Moro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.