We just came back from our first all inclusive holiday. Was a great experience.
Our trip was made through West Jet with Best Day Travel handling the transfers from airport to resort. We booked together as a group of 10 adults.
We were late checking in so they ran out of regular lux. suites so we got a free upgrade to a lux. suite with platinum club level.(Difference was slippers,housecoats, umbrella , microwave in room). Also ocean view from balcony also overlooking adult jacuzzi. Upgrade provided lots of good natured bugging from rest of our group especially when we came out with our umbrella when it rained the first morning. Room kept very clean. Turn down service in eve; if we showered after first cleaning they cleaned up again. Room restocked well every day. No shortage of towels or facecloths. Room service 24 hrs. Excellent choices on their room menu.
Beach had lots of chairs. Free kayaking, boogie boards,volley ball area. Once in the ocean about waist deep, VERY VERY ROCKY. Please bring water socks to protect feet. This is the only complaint of the whole resort I have. Bar service on each end of beach.
Pool area was huge with a jumping cliff and a slide. Giant chess game, ping pong tables and basketball hoop along the pool also. Have a tennis court but didn't see it.
Lobby bar had entertainment every eve. Also every eve. from 9-10 there was entertainment by the pool ,at the convention center or in the lobby. There was disco every night at the marina at 11. By then we were usually in our rooms. Pool shut down at dark; then guests migrated over to the adult jacuzziwhich usually quieted down by 8.
As food is a personal preference its hard to rate it. 5 of our group had a harder time finding something to eat than the other 5 of us. If all fails room service menu had some basic options. We found the Arrecife restaurant much quieter for bfst; not many came there. The Alhambra had buffets for all 3 meals. There was a different food theme for each supper of the week. The Arrecife had a buffet for lunch also. Got very busy because everyone was outside by then. The Arrecife turned into a Mexiacan alacart for supper. We booked there one supper but only 5 of us ordered,the rest went to their rooms for room service. All the meals we ordered were exc. Booked a supper at La Marina rest alacart with the same 5 people and we all had an exc. meal there also. Booked a supper at the Alcazar rest. for alacart but no one liked the menu so we went to the Alhambra instead. Alchol was of high calber; beer was Corona and a couple others.
For shopping they have a gift shop. Also some vendors were along polside but they never bothered you. We bought a lovely painting done by a guy with his finger nail; lovely piece of art. Many in our group also bought from him. One eve they brought in vendors into the courtyard by the pool; they were more high pressured sellers like you see in town.
The resort was very clean Workers were always scurrying around doing something. they raked sea weed off the beach every morning
Saw 3 weddings so resort must do a good job in that dept.
For checking out we had late flight out so they kept our luggage in a secure place till we left.
In conclusion this was a great holiday. Can't single out a specific worker beacuse THEY WERE ALL GREAT. Eveyone from front desk to maids to rest. workers to groudskeepers,etc. etc. they always had a smile on their face and did their upmost to keep us happy. We tipped quite often but I really don't think it would have made a difference in the service we received. Enjoyed it so much we are looking forward to coming back in 2 years.
P.S. Time share people never approached us once
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort. • Exclusive large suites. • Great All-inclusive Resort. • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos