I've been to the Cancun area on vacation more than 10 times.
Most people come to the Cancun area to relax at the beautiful beaches and play in the beutiful water. If this is your idea of a vacation, do not consider this hotel. The beach is man-made, the seaweed on the beach is out of control, and the water is not the crystal clear blue water you expect. The seaweed is so bad, a pickup truck drives up and down the beach twice a day so that workers can shovel seaweed into the back of the truck and haul it off of the beach (I'm not exaggerating). It's really disgusting. No one swims in the water, which is very rocky as well.
The food is good at this hotel, although my wife did get food poisoning from the spinach salad on the salad bar at one of the fancier restaurants at the hotel.
The rooms are very nice. The pool is nice.
Nice hotel - But not a beach vacation. I would consider this to me a 4 star hotel with a 1 star beach.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- Marina El Cid
- Hotel Marina El Cid
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.