We decided on a destination wedding and took our combined 5 children. Several friends and family members came as well. Upon check in we found that our children were not in an adjoining room, but were 3 floors below us. Since they range from 7 to 20, we didn't make a big deal about it. We really didnt want to lose our room either- which was beautiful. Fortunately, my maid of honor ended up in the room next to them. Service generally tended to be slow, despite our tipping, which we felt was pretty good. But it seemed like the pace was just slower there. Definitely affected out tipping as the vacation went on though! Especially at the bars. People were generally friendly and helpful. Room service VERY slow, but with the buffet, why bother really? Whenever we made a request, it was followed up on (more towels, etc). I would advise upgrading to the platinum rooms if you can. It was nice to have a specific butler to call and a private lounge area in the lobby. But for the wedding- Melina, our wedding coordinator was fantastic. Everything went perfectly that day. When we were bombarded by mosquitos during the reception, she found us repellent right away. The set up, the party, the food- everything was awesome. We couldn't have done it better and it is really due to the efforts made by the staff there. The one big disappointment was the photographer (positive photo studio). The photographer was friendly, but was on his phone quite a lot. He took beautiful pics, but then we ended up standing in the lobby trying to sort through 350 pictures (our package was 3 hour service, and 50 prints), with a band playing and people next to us looking at thier tourist pics. They would not provide a weblink so we could look through the pictures at our leisure (we were leaving the next morning). We asked them about purchasing all the pictures and they tried to say we had to upgrade the package- even though it would not get us more photographer time, which is included in the package. So we ended up feeling under pressure and uncomfortable standing there in the lobby trying to decide what pictures to take. We ended up paying a fortune just to have a CD of about 150 pictures- and no prints. At the least they should have an area for a couple to sit down and sort through the pictures- we couldn't even control the mouse to flip through all the choices. It was horrible and resulted in our first married argument!
In sum, hotel was beautiful, although service was slow. Food very good, people friendly. Wedding department amazing and worked very hard, photographer less so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort. • Exclusive large suites. • Great All-inclusive Resort. • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos