This was our first trip to the Cancun/Riviera Maya area. We took our two children and went with another family. It was a great time for everyone! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They legitimately looked and acted like they enjoy what they do. I have never seen bartenders works so hard keeping up with orders (Cris would always tell us “Excellent choice!” with every drink order…that is now our new catch phrase at home).
The hotel was also able to accommodate our request to have adjoining rooms with the other family with whom we travelled. Other resorts we have visited in the past have been unable to do so.
The food was off the charts with so many different and delicious varieties each day. I would highly recommend all of the restaurants on the resort. You will not go wrong. Plenty of activities and entertainment in the evenings. The unexpected bonus was that the resort was just small enough that allowed our 13 and 11 year-old to explore, eat, swim, etc. on their own for much of the time…giving them a feeling of independence they had never experienced before.
The pool was quite spacious and never felt over-crowded and the kids had a ball jumping off the pool cliff and running the slides. The hot tub area is for adults only and it is also quite large with a tiki bar right next to it (bonus!).
The main complaint that we had is that the beds were way too hard for our liking. They could use pillow tops or something similar. Sleep is fairly important to most on vacations; so hopefully, they look address this for future guests. Ask for extra pillows!
The shuttle to and from the airport was timely as the resort is not too far from Cancun. Rafael from Olympus Travel was very helpful to us.
Overall, a wonderful trip that our family will never forget. We highly recommend the El Cid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort. • Exclusive large suites. • Great All-inclusive Resort. • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos