“Fabulous!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort to your Saves list
Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard El Cid | Unidad 15, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Great Sale: Up to 60% Off
Ranked #10 of 23 hotels in Puerto Morelos
Toms River, New Jersey
“Fabulous!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband & I just returned from the Honeymoon Suite- Platinum Service and were extremely sad to leave. The facilities were immaculate, the food delicious and presented beautifully. I had read all the reviews prior to arrival, and do not have one bad thing to say. Building 18 offered a fantastic view of the breathtaking well maintained premises including the ocean. The walkway to the main building was romantic. The room was spotless and the double balconies and jacuzzi were spectacular! The staff were always friendly and accomodating. Special thanks for making our visit fabulous would have to go to Julieta Ferrada- Chief Concierge who welcomed us upon our arrival. Butlers- Angel Zeferino and Alex Lopez Ruz - our hats off to you two special people! Rodriquez at night always making sure the ice was plentiful and serving chocolate delights. Although all the waiting staff were wonderful & always with a smile on their face, special thanks to Gregoria. Also thank you to the manager, who answered my numerous emails of questions prior to our arrival. Your assistance was helpful. We plan to return next year as this was definitely our favorite vacation resort! Frank & Laura (New Jersey)

Room Tip: Platinum Club is well worth the upcharge.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RichardBustamante, Manager at Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear couple:
On behalf of all the staff of Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort I would like to thank you for your great review and for your preference.
We are so glad that you and your husband had a romantic getaway with us.
Thank you also for sharing your review and for complimenting our Platinum staff for their nice service, I will make sure that they receive the recognition that they deserve:)
We hope to serve you and your husband in another special occasion in our resort.
Muchas gracias and good luck amigos!

2,907 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (681)
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We really enjoyed our trip to El Cid. Property is well-maintained. Staff is very friendly and accomodating. Tips are never expected but appreciated when offered. Food was very good - lots of choices. Our 2-bedroom suite was a little pricey but a beautiful room overlooking the ocean. Beach is nice. Lots of seaweed when windy but staff keeps the sand clear. Bring water shoes as there are plenty of rocks under the water. Pool is outstanding. Our kids spent countless hours jumping off the cliff. Waterslide was fun when open but closed for maintenance half of our trip. We didn't plan on having kids in kids club very much but they kept requesting to go back as they had many activities that they enjoyed. Overall a great trip with the family!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RichardBustamante, Manager at Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear friends:
On behalf of all the staff of Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort I wish to thank you for your nice comments and for your past stay with us.
We are so glad that you and your family had a happy vacation in El Cid.
Thank you also for sharing your review and for commenting on your review that you will visit our resort in a near future:)
It will be a pleasure to serve all of you again and thank you again for your comments and for your stay with us.
Warm regards from all Ell Cid staff!
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I would like to thank the staff of the resort for helping to make our trip an amazing one. Our family had a great time. We all enjoyed the pool. There was alot of things to do you could play volley ball , water polo, basketball, waterslide and you could jump off a cliff into a deep part of the pool and we cannot forget the pool bar. The food was great we all enjoyed it.The entertainment staff was awesome getting people involved in beach soccer, water aerobics and my personal favorite beach volley ball. There were shows every night for the family to enjoy. A special thanks to Mitch,Victor,Danny,mili and Rooster. Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Cheers Amigos
Nelson,Renee,AJ,Ryan

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RichardBustamante, Manager at Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear family:
On behalf of all the staff of Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort I would like to thank you for your awesome review and for your your preference.
We are so glad that you and your family had a nice stay in our resort.
Thank you also your nice comments and for commending our activities team for their nice attitude:)
We hope to serve you and your family again in another holiday and thank you again for your preference and for sharing your review with the world.
Hasta la vista familia, best wishes!
Allen, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Let me first say that this is my 2nd stay at this hotel and I don't see how anyone can rate it less than 3 stars minimum. If so they are just too picky in my opinion. The staff is wonderful. Very friendly and genuine. Another reviewer mentioned a high pressured time share meeting...we never had to sit through anything like that. However, I met a retired a couple that bought a time share plan through this hotel and, being a little curious, I asked if she had any regrets, and she said none at all. And that was her 3rd stay there plus 2 more stays at 2 other locations, which by the way she stated that this hotel was the best so far.

The grounds are so beautiful and well kept. The rooms are spacious and clean with a small refrigerator that is stocked with beer, soft drinks, and water daily. We loved our room which had a view of the pool as well as the ocean. There was a problem with the hot water pressure in our shower but not to the point that we had to call someone about it. I did mention it upon checking out so that someone can take a look and see what can be done to improve it.

I read a review that mentioned seaweed on the beach. Yes it washes up, but all one can do is clean it up and I've seen a crew doing just that every morning and again in the evening. It was never a problem and the beaches are nice looking with plenty of covered lounge chairs and hammocks. There is something else that I don't know what to call it but it's like a bed that you can lay on right there on the beach. I'll include it in one of my pictures so everyone can see. One thing to keep in mind is that once you go about knee deep into the ocean there are rocks so wear water shoes.

The pool is impressive. Raul did a great job with a variety of pool and beach activities so that there is always something to do. Everyone loves the big rock cliff that you can either slide down from or jump off of. I had to try it out myself...very cool. Of course, my favorite area is the covered swim up pool bar. A big Thanks to Reyes for the awesome service. I was told by someone that most places serve cheap or watered down drinks but not this place. I'm not a big drinker so I would have to take his word for it.

The food is great. There are four restaurants so you can get a variety of foods. The Alcazar is the fanciest one. Make sure you go there at least once. We looked forward to the breakfast buffet every morning and the "black tequila" as our server Albaro would call it. Albaro was especially kind to us and went out of his way to make sure we were satisfied.

The lobby is a nice place to relax and socialize with nightly activities. There is internet access for a fee. You can use the lobby computer for 4 pesos a minute (about forty cents US). If you want WiFi, you can purchase it 24 hours at a time for $15 US. I wish it was free but if it were, everyone would be on it constantly and that kind of traffic would take away the speed. The good news is you can access WiFi areas in your room, the lobby, or the pool area. Probably other areas that I'm not aware of as well.

We didn't do any excursions this time around but they have the world's 2nd largest coral reef right there so if you like snorkeling, you gotta check it out. The couple I mentioned earlier said it was well worth the money they spent.

I have already recommended this place to friends and don't hesitate to give it 5 stars. No hotel is perfect all day every day, but I can tell that Marina El Cid really tries to be the best. I'm always seeing workers painting, repairing, cleaning, etc. I'll be back again in the future, I'm sure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
RichardBustamante, Manager at Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear friends:
On behalf of all the staff of Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort I would like to thank you for your excellent review and for your second stay with us.
We are so glad that you and your friends had a nice vacation and enjoyed all the services and facilities of our resort.
Thank you also for sharing your review and for your nice pictures I will gladly share your comments with all our hotel staff:)
It will be really nice to serve you and your friends for third time in a near future amigos.
Thank you again for your second stay and for your review.
Hasta pronto, saludos!
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We, (my husband, 9 yr old daughter, 2 year old son and I) stayed at the El Cid in January 2012 for two weeks all inclusive. We couldn't have asked for more from any aspect of our stay. I cannot recommend this hotel strongly enough. We were taken care of from the moment we stepped into the lobby and were presented with our very welcome icy cold drinks, to the moment we left. Nothing was too much trouble for the incredibly hard working staff and the food was fabulous - my husband and I got to sample some really interesting mayan fare whilst both my children found something different and interesting every night. The hotel is well staffed and runs like a well-oiled machine and the view from our balcony was breathtaking. Puerto Morelos is a must see, but if booking excursions from there be careful to shop around. My daughter is determined that when we win the lottery (!) we're going back to this hotel to stay for a whole year. Don't even think twice. Book this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are noisier than others. No bad rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
RichardBustamante, Manager at Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear family:
On behalf of all the staff of Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort I wish to thank you for your lovely review and for your past stay with us.
We are so glad that you and your family spent two nice weeks with us.
Thank you also for sharing your review and for complimenting our hotel staff for their nice service:)
It will be a privilege to serve you and your family again in another opportunity in this your hotel.
Thank you again for selecting El Cid and for your stay.
Cheers familia!
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We just came back from our 4 night stay at Marina El Cid. This was our first vacation at an all inclusive resort so we cannot really compare with the other experiences. But as hotels go, the service seemed to be a bit slow eg. we were waiting outside for help with our luggage on arrival for about 30 minutes. The front desk said there will be someone to help in 5 minutes and kept repeating that. Its no big deal but after travelling for about 8 hours with a 2 year old, we wanted to get to the room a bit quicker. I requested rooms on the ocean facing building (15/16?) but was told that those are reserved for Platinum guests. No big deal, the room we got was pool facing and had partial ocean views so that worked out fine. The help staff around the resort as well as at the resturants is very courteous. Everyone comes across as eager to make your stay pleasurable. The pool area is great and our little one had tons of fun. We had no problems getting places to relax at the beach either.

One really big drawback for us was the constant repetition of the same food choices at resturants (except AlCazar that needs a reservation). Basically they kept just one resturant open at any meal time and rotated resturants. Bad part was that just the location of the resturant changed, not the food choice. Even though the menu leaflets said mexican vs italian vs french etc for each day you basically get the same food. And for us that was bad since we had come for a short trip and wanted to spend all of the time at the resort. By the last day I did not want to eat anything and went to the resturants only to make sure that our little one got some food. The food is not bad but its the same thing with no choice in resturants except for AlCazar that you have to reserve for dinner. Hopefully this is a seasonal thing and other resturants will be opened later.

It was a good relaxing vacation for us and we will definitely try Cancun resorts again, but will stay away from El Cid mainly beacuse of the lack of food choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RichardBustamante, Manager at Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear family:
On behalf of all the staff of Hotel Marina El Cid El Cid Spa & Beach Resort I wish to thank you for your past stay and for your review.
We are so glad that you and your family spent a nice holiday with us with the exceptions that you commented on your review.
We will share your comments with our bell boys and restaurant staff to take the proper actions to improve on both areas.
The feedback from our guests is so valuable and useful for us.
We would like to ask for another opportunity to serve you again in a near future so you can experience our improvements.
Thank you again for your review and for your past stay with us.
Warm regards amigos!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Hotel was faultless, only problem is that there is nothing else around. If you like to stay in your hotel and not go any where then this ones for you. It's $10usd in a taxi to the nearest town and there's not much there. If you want to go to a bigger town like Cancun, then it's $40usd each way. That's around £60 for a round trip. The Hotel is great in itself. The food is too die for and the people are very polite and helpfull. Facilities are great and pool and beach are very good. The room was good with a jacussi in the room. A well priced holiday until you leave the hotel. Mexico can be very expensive but don't be afraid to haggle. I got a wooden mask for $15usd and he wanted $45 to start with. Don't forget it now costs £45 to get out of the country, that's for children as well.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear couple:
On behalf of all the staff of Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort I wish to thank you for your awesome review and for your preference.
We are so glad that you and your companion had a lovely holiday in our resort. Thank you also for sharing your comments on tripadvisor.com
It will be a privilege to serve you both again in another occasion amigos:)
Thank you again for selecting El Cid and for your preference.
Cheers friends!

Been to Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort? Share your experiences!