“AMAZING!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Residences Riviera Cancun

You added Grand Residences Riviera Cancun to your Saves list
Grand Residences Riviera Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd. El Cid, Unidad 28 Lote 1, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico (Formerly Grand Residences by Royal Resorts)   |
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
mexico city
“AMAZING!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

great service, great food... a beautiful pool with an amazing view to the beach. The rooms are simply spectacular! wish i could stay here forever!!! highly recommended! thanks to all the crew for making my vacations an unforgettable ones :)

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have travelled and stayed at alot of hotels and would have to say this one is superb!!! The suite I stayed in was immaculate with top of the line appliances. The maid service was excellent and could not have done a better job. All the staff was wonderful and very helpful. The concierge helped us plan excursions and just had a great time.. The location is not like busy Cancun and nothing is crowded.This is a quiet area in the middle of everything as far as excursions. If you want to get away and be treated like real customers this is a great place to vacation!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I had a great time at the Grand Residences. The place itself is beautiful, allowing one to experience privacy but also a fun atmosphere with others. I stayed with my family in the 5th floor penthouse where we had a private pool deck with a grill, hot tub, pool etc with a beachfront view where we had great services around the clock. The place was a little quiet, but I think that was due to how new the resort is. I did enjoy the activities, such as trivia and volleyball, where the staff such as Anny and Luis were great at spending time with my friends and I, getting us involved. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is a big league hotel. Great facilities, great services and a beach like no other in the world. Everyone was super nice and it is not as expensive as it should be. I heard it is still growing, it's gonna have more restaurants and other cool stuff.

Room Tip: Always ask for a beach front room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cristóbal G, Online Community Administrator at Grand Residences Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 15, 2014

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and I just returned from the Grand Residences where we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. More than the fabulous facility, it was the outstanding service of the staff that made our stay so memorable. Words are not enough to express our sincere gratitude to our concierge, Denisse, who went the extra mile in every way. Simply amazing service & friendship Denisse, thank you so much. The same goes out to the other concierge, Octavio, Guillermo and Gustavo and front desk staff Arturo & Angelica, Great service and friendship from the restaurant, bar and pool staff: Jorge, Jorge, Julio, Jesus, Juan, Abad, Carlos, Miguel, Luis, Jesus, Luis, Miguel, Ruben and Alexis - sumptuous breakfast (healthy breakfast with green drink) and dinners, including the unforgettable romantic dinner by the beach, and more original mojitos. Special mention to Jean the executive chef who showed us how to make a perfect guacamole and tortilla chips. We thoroughly enjoyed our upgraded luxurious beachfront master suite villa (#201). We also thank Mr Bicaci for a warm personal welcome. Also thanks to Benjamin for our trip to Playa del Carmen and Alfonso for the ride to the airport. Thanks to the housekeeping staff Gabriela, Rocio and Amalia who kept our villa in perfect condition. Thank you to the two Luis for teaching us Spanish and Mayan and Julio & Miguel for introducing us to Santo Tomas Barbera wine and Mezcal and the delicious tickin xic.
As for the facility, it is truly amazing. We recommend the beachfront master suite. Octavio, explained that the facility has reverse osmosis water filtration and the water is safe to drink. Wifi access is even available at the beach area!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cristóbal G, Online Community Administrator at Grand Residences Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 10, 2014

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

First, let me start with the fact that I am a travel snob. I enjoy nice hotels with large rooms, comfortable beds and good service and prefer Nicer hotels than your average Marriott and Hilton. Having traveled a lot, I often look for references to Leading Hotels of the World in the hotel description, knowing that is a sign of a quality property.
The Grand Residences in Puerto Morelos is a member of the Leading Hotels in the World. This should give one a clue as to what type of hotel they would be staying at - truly a Leading Hotel of the World.
For an experienced traveler, that means you can expect excellent service, fine amenities, great food, nice linens, beautiful grounds, friendly people and an overall desire to make guests feel special. For someone not familiar with this designation, you should be prepared to become spoiled.
The Grand Residences in Puerto Morelos is a new property which opened December 2013. This means they are really trying to step up their game to surpass every expectation a guest may have about what a Luxury Hotel should be. They spoil you!
I wanted to treat my family to a special trip to Mexico for a 4 night stay and looked on Trip Advisor before confirming with this hotel. I was surprised to see that about 25 out of 26 reviews had 5 stars. Of course I looked at the one outlier and wondered if the person was someone who worked for another hotel in the area or was simply someone who could not be happy, no matter what. The other 25 travelers raved about the place. I figured that was a pretty good sign.
So I booked it. Let me say that the person who rated it a 1 star is completely wrong.
This place is awesome! The butler service is incredible (Alfonso our butler took care if everything you could imagine). I was fortunate to meet one of the owner/investors - Mark - who graciously invited me to join him for a drink with a party he was having in the restaurant. He represented the type of hotel this is - inviting, hospitable, friendly, gracious and helpful. Jorge, the maître d - you are a true professional, Alex our personal waiter, Jaime - a chef one night in our suite, Gustavo our bellman, Luis and Luis - beach and kids club, Uni (spelling?)- the best babysitter, Ignacio at the Beach Bar, our great housekeeper who left us little gifts each evening - I hesitate to name anyone for fear I will forget someone. The staff is amazing.

I can only make a couple of very brief suggestions - make sure you get the hotel to handle the airport transfers. They pick you up in a new air conditioned Suburban with bottled water and a friendly driver. That was great and very hassle free. (As an aside, the entire resort has filtered water so no worries about ice or tap water - it's all safe.)
Second, if you like coffee, ask them to make you a stronger Illy cup in the morning at El Faro. The regular coffee is a little bit weak for my taste. That's just a very minor suggestion.
The only other suggestion I have is when you book your trip for a certain number of days, stop and add a few more!! We only stayed 4 nights and should have stayed 7. There's tons to do right at the hotel and even more in the area.
I would definitely rate this hotel 5 out of 5 stars.

Stayed July 2014

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at Grand Residences. Everything about the accommodations exceeded our expectations. From the great, timely, black car airport transfers to poolside service which included not just the customary towel towel service, but also Evian spritz's, fresh fruit kebabs and fruit "popsicles," our every wish was accommodated Our personal concierge, Alfonso, was attentive, polite, prompt and very helpful with activities and reservations. The gym is first class with Cybex equipment and helpful trainers, if desired. Every entertainment amenity is available: ping pong, kids and teens clubs, volleyballs for the pool or beach, snorkeling gear etc, and Carlos and Luis were real delights, very friendly and helpful. We stayed in the expansive master suite with a long beautiful terrace; the room was well-furnished, appointed with every conceivable amenity (espresso maker, washer/dryer, wine glasses, full kitchen etc) and overlooked the pool and Caribbean. The finishes are on-par with any 5 star resort like St. Regis, Ritz or Four Seasons. There is a well-stocked and reasonable gourmet grocery also on site. Beaches are soft, white and immaculate. Housekeeping was amazing, as was front desk--all very attentive. We have traveled extensively in the US and abroad, and have never found better and more generous treatment than we did at Grand Residences.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have great views, but rooms closer to the main building mat be quieter than those...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Cristóbal G, Online Community Administrator at Grand Residences Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We always strive to provide the highest satisfaction levels to our guests and it's rewarding to learn we achieved this goal with you.

We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards.

Been to Grand Residences Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!