My boyfriend and I just came back from a 6 day stay and had the most amazing time, this hotel can do no wrong, from the food to the staff to the room. I've been to other all-inclusives in the caribbean and this hotel by far EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS!
FOOD: Compared to other all-inclusives, ERC does not require you to wear bracelets or make reservations at the restaurants. FOOD WAS PHENOMENAL. There are no limits to how much you can order. Your glass is never empty and waiters constantly ask if everything is to your liking. Quality food is incredible. Even the pizza at Oregano was so good! You have a choice to eat at one of the specialty restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner and no limitations on how many times a day or per week, which we loved. We tried the buffet for breakfast and it was still excellent.
FYI Get there early for French restaurant.
STAFF: Amazing, so accommodating, they all go above and beyond. We loved every staff member.
BEACH: Wonderful, white sand, crystal clear blue water. Some seaweed but you have to just ignore, only after rain storms though. Unlimited beach towels. Choices for sun bathing are lounge chairs, lounge chairs under palapas, beds, or XL Lounge which is a raised area by the pool with beds and lounges.
POOL: So many to choose from if you want peace or a more party atmosphere. Water is not cold like some other reviews said. The water feels refreshing.
DRINKS: Amazing, all top shelf, just to name a few: Absolute (regular and flavors), Stoli, Tanqurey Gin, Johnny Walker, Baccardi, Don Julio, Jose Quervo. Bartenders never skimped on amount of liquor in drinks. MARTINI BAR is very elegant, their menu is great. Even the drink menu at the other bars was delicious.
ENTERTAINMENT: Amazing shows at night, Michael Jackson impersonator was the BEST! Claudia and her 3 piece band blew us away, she sounded exactly like celine dion. The theater was beautiful and had very comfy seats. They also had a live band starting at 6:30pm. A discotheque opened up at 10:30pm, different theme for music every night. No matter what age you are, the disco got very busy at night, we loved it!
SPA: AMAZING! Get the couples massage, it was $199 for 2 and included Hydrotherapy in the amazing pools at the spa.
ROOM: Very spacious, clean, beautiful marble everywhere. The only thing i have to say is I agree w/ the hard beds and pillows, if I had to say one negative it would be this.
Overall the best all-inclusive we've been to and I would go back in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Excellence Group LLC, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos