We really enjoyed our stay at ERC. From the moment we arrived everyone was so nice to us. We had a spa view room in Bldg 4 which if I had a suggestion it would be to ask for either Bldg 2 or Bldg 6. Our room was great it was just a long walk to everything in the hotel and the view was just that a view of the spa building and part of the lazy river. However we had a king bed that was pretty comfortable. Some people say the beds are hard, try the ones at Riu Palace & you will find these are much better. The mini bar was kept fully stocked. Housekeeping kept our room very clean. Everyday we had fresh towels, new soaps and shampoos and clean sheets. Altho they make up the room late in the day if you need fresh towels just ask & they will send them right up.
We thought the food at the restaurants was much better than RPLA. The lobster was great and so was the steak. You couldn't possibly need more food than what they have at breakfast. We had room service one morning and could not eat it all. The only problem I had with the food was I asked for my steak to be med. rare and it was too rare for me. However they took care of it right away. The buffalo chicken wings were just right at lunch time and the Italian restaurant was pretty decent too for one evening.
Almost everyone in the hotel speaks very good english and we did not have any problems communicating. I have been to other hotels that only some of the staff speak English and it is hard to comminicate if you don't know the language. I am trying to learn more every time I visit. They appreciate it if you at least attempt some spanish and will try to help you learn. They also have Spanish lessons everyday. There is free internet in the lobby area, US newspapers and danish & coffee at the Martini Bar if you don't want to go to breakfast.
Everyone works really hard at this hotel. They were always asking if they could do anything for us. There are several tour booking agents in the lobby and they all seem to work together and have about the same pricing. We used Olympus tours because we used them before. We went to Cozumel and Xcaret thru them. We also did the massage at Jungle Spa which is cheaper than the hotel and is not part of the tour packages. It was great.
If you want to take the hotel provided trips to Puerto Morelos or Playa Del Carmen you need to book them on the first day. When we went to book they were full for about 3 or 4 days and we missed out.
We only saw the Michael Jackson show but is was great. Really worth seeing. They do a fantastic job. We also went to the Fiesta on Friday night which had pretty good Mexican Food.
I can't wait to return to Mexico and would gladly stay at Excellence again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Excellence Group LLC, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos