We enjoyed this Excellence resort as much as the one at Playa Mujeres. Last year we stayed at Excellence Playa Mujeres. We wanted to go back this year but it was very costly to return to EPM. So we decided to try the sister resort at Excellence Riviera Cancun. Upon our arrival the entrance to this resort was awesome compared to EPM. The resorts though overall are very similar. That is why we were pleased to go back for about the same price. When we arrived we were asked if we were celebrating anything, which our anniversary was the day before. Usually hotels will do something special, give you wine, an upgrade, etc and although they asked - we got nothing extra. Since we have everything we need it didn't really matter but if you are asked it should at least be recognized. The restaurants for the most part are exactly the same type and named so we felt we knew what to expect. Follow the dress code or they will send you away - make sure men's long (pants)shorts are down to the knee or longer. The verbiage is slightly different than what we would have called it but long short are allowed as well as pants at some restaurants. The theatre area at ERC is bigger and seats more people! We loved this area, the breezeway, and seating! Very nice! I will say that most of the shows never started on time which only really bugged me one time when it ran 35 min late. Not that there's anything else to do at night, but it would be nice if if followed the timeline. When we visited Playa Mujeres the service was ALWAYS excellent - here, the waiters got to you when they could, no one pitched in to help each other-Not that you had anything else to do either...it just took more time to eat and we were not attended to as well as at the other resort. The Lobster House is one of our favorites but the management could do a better job with the servers, etc. Maybe they were short handed or didn't have appropriate staffing - still a little disappointing. Food was still GREAT! Our most favorite meal was at Chez Isabelle - AWESOME FOOD AND SERVICE!! We also love the Hibachi at Spice. You may not even know they have one - so ask if you are not sure! You have to be in line when they open to get a spot reserved the night you want to eat. Just be prepared for that! Awesome food and entertaining too !Room service takes a while so order ahead - took us about 45 min to get it. The employees/staff at EPM are so friendly, caring, and funny - unfortunately this resort while nice and enjoyable - employees did not have overly friendly attitudes, did not exceed my expectations - did hot enhance the visit like they did at EPM. The two best employees worked at the martini bar in the lower lobby. They were great! In my opinion, they should trade out some employees/managers between the resorts so they can see how the patrons should be treated!! This would make it excellent! We will definitely go back we love it around Cancun! I'm glad that we could go for the same price paid the previous year (1300/pp instead if the 2000/pp at EPM). Just a few tweeks and this resort could be a 5!! We love excellence resorts! There is a manager cocktail every week - I think it is Wednesday evenings if you want to speak with the resort manager - he also passes out his card and is available if you need him.
Also check out the Turtle Camp to see if its time for turtles to hatch - saw a nest but were not ready to hatch when we were there! Beach was beautiful - no seaweed.
We enjoyed the shows - Michael Jackson Tribute, Fire show, etc. We loved the pools, work out area, rooms! They did not have para-sailing like at EPC but had all of the same excursion opportunities! There are two gift shops as well jewelry, etc.
We overall enjoyed our stay and will go back to Excellence at some point! All inclusive has its advantages and there are lots of choices at ERC for food drinks and activities!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Excellence Group LLC, Otel, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos