I read so many reviews before going on my six-day honeymoon to this resort! So I know what everyone else has said and won't repeat the content of their reviews. A couple of things that occurred to me that few others had mentioned and might be useful -- first of all, we had no trouble at all with bugs of any type. I took mosquito repellent and Afterbite and didn't need either. There are a couple of ATMs onsite at the hotel -- I never used them, but it was good to know that they were there.
The room was great -- we had a swim-up. What other people say about the housekeeping is true, though -- quite slow and often done very late in the day, which was inconvenient. The restaurants are good, although our lobster at the Lobster House was pretty lousy. I would really recommend the Barcelona buffet at lunchtime. They make a bunch of things fresh for you and it is healthier than always ordering from a menu. I also found that the waiters at this restaurant were very pleasant, especially Fernando. The Indian place was good; so was the French. The drinks were okay most of the time -- we learned late in the game to ask for a specific brand by name. Oh well!
The pools were so great, not cold at all. We were in building 9, and yes, you could hear the cars go by on the road outside, but so what. I noticed a few other people complaining about this in their posts, but it did not detract at all from our enjoyment.
Not sure that the Excellence Club would be worth it -- only potential point of interest would be the VIP toiletries, since the regular rooms had pretty basic stuff (but I brought my own anyway). The beds were very comfortable.
All in all, it was a great place to spend a honeymoon and is a very well run, clean establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Excellence Group LLC, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos