We just returned from the Excellence Riviera Cancun and it's is one of the best resorts I've experienced! From the service to the food to the spa, it is true luxury and a great value! You'll read the other fantastic reviews which will all be true but here are some tips for your travel.
First, the restaurants are great! Get pizza by the pool at lunch. Dinner was great at The Lobster House, Toscana, and Oregano. But by far, Basmati was the most fabulous! So authentic and delicious! The breakfast buffet was super yummy!
Second, you can book the spa online ahead of time and receive a 20% discount or wait til you get there to book and usually they offer same day discounts on select services (usually massages). We did the Temazcal (very hot and not for the faint of heart, but an very cool experience) and had Mud wraps. Worth the money and the spa is really beautiful. The hydrotherapy treatment is an extra service included with your treatment. Its about 30 minutes long and uses about 10 different methods of hydraulics to sooth and heal.
Third, on great beach days and if its peak season, you will have to go early to get a lounge chair or bed on the beach. I would imagine they don't always have this problem, but it does require some planning. Other then that, the entire resort is spacious and you never feel like you are on top of other guests.
Fourth, all the employees work so hard to make your stay enjoyable and carefree. Everyone is so attentive and accommodating. Though it is an all-inclusive resort and tips are included, we often found ourselves wishing we had some cash on us to give some tips. Bring small bills (the front desk doesn't keep change) as you'll see what I mean.
Fifth, the entertainment is really good for a resort. Its in a great location and quality stuff. They also will do some sort of demo or game in the afternoon by the pool that is a lot of fun. It's not an "activities" resort which is nice as no one is pushing you to do things you don't want to do. Not sure how the night club is as it usually opened later then scheduled and we are more morning people.
Sixth, the rooms were great! No matter what building you were in, I think all have great views. They were very clean and have nice swag. Room service is pretty good. The excellence club seemed worth the extra money but in no way necessary.
Marianna is in charge of guest services and if you ever need anything, she's the best! Enjoy your trip and have a chilled tequila shot for me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Excellence Group LLC, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com and Otel so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos