My husband and I have just returned from the Excellence Riviera. We spent two weeks here and had an absolutely amazing time! We have been to many luxury hotels around the world and this really was one of the very best. So much so that we are now looking to book up for next years holiday!
The service was outstanding and really could not be faulted. The staff were most attentive, with or without tipping! However, they work so hard that you actually want to tip. Every member of staff around the hotel smiled and said hello when passing. In fact I would say that the staff were the most warm and courteous people that we have come across. It really does make a huge difference to the overall experience.
The food was out of this world! It was always fresh and the variety was very impressive. I am a very fussy eater and find it difficult to find something I like, but here I was spoiled for choice!
The rooms – just excellent. We thought about upgrading but did not think that it was worth it as the standard rooms are anything but standard! We had a huge four poster bed, small seating area, roomy balcony looking onto the spa, two sinks, an impressive mini bar, and most importantly a fantastic huge double Jacuzzi! The rooms were cleaned day and night.
It was actually my birthday when I was out there and the hotel decorated the room with balloons and banners which was a very nice touch. They also sent me a birthday cake to the room!
The entertainment was also excellent.
The only think that I can think of that would have made the stay better would have been a shuttle bus into cancun for shopping. We were given a quote of $90 return for a taxi into cancun which we didn’t take as we thought it was too expensive to look around some shops. A shuttle offered by the hotel into cancun, even once a week, would make a huge difference as a few people we spoke to felt the same way.
Also, although it states that no reservations are required, it does not mean that you can turn up to the restaurant of your choice and get seated. In fact we had an average wait of 45minutes. Once we knew that this was the case it wasn’t a problem as there was usually entertainment around this time while you wait.
Overall it was an outstanding hotel and cannot wait to return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Excellence Group LLC, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Agoda, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos