We just came back from our vacation at Excellence Riviera Cancun (January 28 - February 4) and we would definitely go back. This was our first time at an adults-only resort and Excellence didn't disappoint.
- Attention to detail and politeness of the staff: The staff was very attentive and respected our privacy.
- Clean rooms and very well manicured grounds: … even the trash cans got the daily scrubs…
- Excellent selection of restaurants and great martini lounge: Quality menus at the "a la carte" restaurants.
- Great night shows: The shows were of high quality and contrary to some other resorts, didn't require guests to go on stage and play games….
One negative: While having a rule that prohibits guest from "reserving" lounge chairs, the resort never enforced this rule and it was sometimes difficult to find a lounge chair after 9:30 am as guests would put personal items on chairs before going to breakfast.
1. While all the restaurants are very good, the following restaurants were at the top of our list: Basmati (Indian), Oregano's (great pizza) and Spice (reserve for one of the hibachi sittings, you won't regret it). Also, make sure to dress up for dinner. The restaurants have specific dress codes (these rules were enforced…:)
2. The spa was worth the extra cost. We took the 60 mins hydrotherapy session and a 50-minute couples massage… very relaxing.
3. Excellence advertizes their "Excellence Club" on their marketing brochure. In our opinion, the extras offered didn't really justify the premium price as the resort already offers top notch facilities and services.
We definitely recommend Excellence Riviera Cancun.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Secrets Excellence
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Excellence Group LLC, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.