“Great Romantic Getaway and Five Star Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita

Save Saved
You added Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita to your Saves list
Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal km 328, Puerto Morelos 77500 , Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #5 of 23 hotels in Puerto Morelos
Ponte Vedra Beach
“Great Romantic Getaway and Five Star Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

If you are looking for an extremely relaxing, romantic hotel this is the one for you! My husband and I recently took a trip to Mexico and from the moment you step out of the airport the service is first class. Everyone there was happy to cater to your every need and they always found a way to say yes! There were no buffet style meals and the food was delicious. If you prefer to stay in your room, which overlooks the ocean, they will also bring all of your meals to you. The best part was that I did not have to do any laundry when I arrived home, as it also was picked up from our room and dropped off ironed and folded! Upon arrival they give you a bottle of tequila and a beautiful hand woven beach bag that was great to use during the trip. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a lot of R and R and great service.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

1,227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Korean first
jschrec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

My husband and I spent our honeymoon there June 22-29. I have been reading reviews on Zoetry for months prior to us leaving and felt compelled to write about our experience.
I will make this short and sweet.
The property itself was beautiful, the rooms are decorated so carefully and comfortable.
The food is amazing. Everything is made to order.Just ask for something if you don't see it. We did room service 1 night and it was fantastic.
The bar service was great. And overall service was OUTSTANDING!!!
THANK YOU to all the hard working staff that made our time at Zoetry one we will never forget and hope to return soon!.
And we can not leave out Charles Wills for making an impact on us that will be with us for a long time to come. If you do anyting at Zoetry go and find Charles, he is AMAZING man!!! THANK YOU CHARLES!!
Go relax and enjoy the company of your loved one. Its time to unwind and get connected to yourself, thats what Zoetry is all about. Peace, harmony and tranquility.

John and Gina Schrecongost

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

My husband and I spent a week at Zoetry in mid-July and loved every minute of it! I am a travel agent, my husband is a physician, both in our 40's. We are pretty lucky as we do get to travel frequently and usually stay in high end resorts (I take my job very seriously :) ).

This was our 16th or 17th time in Mexico and our 8th stay in the Riviera Maya. We have also stayed in most of the other major resort areas including Huatulco, Cabo, Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cozumel, etc. so we feel like we have a pretty good idea about what the lovely Mexican resorts have to offer. We are usually pretty happy with our resort choices since, being in the travel industry, I have a bit of an inside scoop on which resorts to visit and which ones we might not enjoy. I must say we absolutely loved Zoetry and it is now our all-time favorite.

The private chauffer waiting at the airport with cool cloths and champagne got things off to a perfect start. We felt completely indulged as we drove off sipping champagne while watching others standing in the hot sun waiting for taxis and vans. Now, we have spent our fair share of time in taxis and vans and probably will again so I was not gloating! I was just thinking how nice this was for a change. Next time we'll probably be the ones standing in the taxi line.

When we arrived after a short drive three staff members greeted us by name with cold drinks. Check in takes place in the suite so you are not even inconvenienced with waiting in the lobby when all you want to do is get to your room to change into a swimsuit. We were asked if we would like to go immediately to the suite or have a brief tour along the way. I would recommend taking the quick tour as a great way to orient yourself.

The entire resort is just lovely. The photos on the internet and in brochures do not do it justice. It is so much more beautiful in person. There are lovely touches at every turn, from the mosaics in the floors to the artistic light fixtures. It is obvious that the builders and designers put a great deal of thought into every part of the resort while making the most of the natural beauty around it. As a small example, even the thatched roof palapa on the pier has a beautiful light fixture. Probably very few people notice it, but it is there. Small, thoughtful touches like that are all over the property. I think the new management is really dedicated to keeping the property up as they are adding some nice new amenities are under way like a putting green surrounded by ponds and jungle.

We were in the Nairobi suite and it was fabulous. We were happy to be on the top floor of a three story building. One side of our suite looked over the sea and the other overlooked the low jungle. All the suites face the ocean so I don't think there is an undesirable location anywhere on the property. Main floor suites have the plunge pools, but we preferred the upper floor for the views and privacy. Each suite even has a gate that you can shut for complete privacy. No one is even able to come to your door if the gate is shut. The complimentary beach bag and bottle of tequila in each suite are nice touches. We did not drink or take the tequila, but each day fresh limes slices were placed nearby in case we changed our minds. I have to give high compliments to the maids as our room was spotless. My pet peeve is dirty floors and I find most hotels do not keep them as clean as I would like. I wore the provided white slippers every day for a week and at the end of the week the white soles looked brand new. The Frette linens and towels were wonderful. We have good sheets at home and I really appreciate having high quality sheets when we travel, too. The bathrooms are gorgeous. We got addicted to Bulgari toiletries on a recent SeaDream Yacht voyage so we loved having those again. The laundry service was great and so convenient. I didn't have the usual mountian of laundry to do when we got home. And I can't be sure, but I think the maids gave us fresh robes every day. My husband enjoyed the free wi-fi and we appreciated not being charged for any phone calls. I've seen several Trip Advisor posts mentioning the hard beds and I tend to agree. The mattresses are good quality (yes, I checked) but they are extra firm. My only complaint of the week is that I didn't sleep well on the hard bed.

The beach is wonderful - wide, long, uncrowded, and consists of soft white sand. We saw no beach vendors and very little pass by traffic. Once you go into the water there are some sharp rocks & coral. It can be difficult to get in and out so if you plan to be in the water a lot you may want to bring water shoes. Farther out there is a lot of sea grass but in between the rocks and the grass are lots of nice sandy places to swim. One of our favorite parts of the resort were the beach beds, although there are not nearly enough of them. There are only six for the entire resort so we couldn't always get one. There is plenty of room for more so hopefully Zoetry will add more in the future. On the days that we did have a bed we even had lunch brought to us as we didn't want to tear ourselves away. The service on the beach is fantastic. We loved Frederico who came around frequently and refreshed drinks before we even realized we needed them. Most of the time we didn't even have to ask, he would suggest and we would happily accept.

There are a few activities, just enough to provide some diversion without disrupting the serenity of the resort. We tool part in the yoga, dance lessons, windsurfing lessons, aqua gym, the temazacal steam ceremony, the skin analysis (think Brooke Sheilds in her recent sunscreen ads - very informative), tea time, and the catamaran sail. There are also many water sports available for additional charge. I will say the water sports are quite pricey when compared with prevailing rates in the area. For example, my husband and I scuba dive. I had checked with a few reputable scuba shops in the area and found the going rate for a two tank dive to be $65-$70 per person. To go through Zoetry the rate, including automatic tax and service charge, would have been about $260 per person. For comparison, the most we have ever paid for scuba is $190 pp in St Barts. That is simply because everything is expensive in St Barts so that was a typical rate. Don't get me wrong, we are not looking for the cheapest deal and we don't mind paying extra for convenience and great service but that seemed really pricey.

The spa was wonderful, but also pricey, even when compared to East/West coast rates. I pulled out a rate sheet from a recent stay at Canyon Ranch - one of the gold standard spas in the US - and the prices are similar. I will say, the treatments are fabulous. Afterwards you are ushered to a lovely waiting area overlooking the sea and brought tea until you can gather the strength to pull yourself away.

On to the food! As other posters have mentioned, the food is wonderful. The cuisine is really fresh and innovative. We enjoyed every meal and the service is out of this world. If you are afraid that you might not like "creative" cuisine, they are happy to prepare dishes to your liking. A couple of times we asked for something off the menu, but still within reason, and it was no problem. They have excellent cuts of meat and fish (we are from the midwest so we know good cuts of meat) so if you like your food prepared more simply I'm sure they would be happy to grill up steak or anything else to your liking. My only complaint about the restaurants is that I feel they should be entirely smoke free. Smoking is allowed in the outdoor dining areas. One night we were surrounded on three sides by smokers and it was absolutely putrid.

I've seen several postings on TA regarding kids so I wanted to address that. Zoetry does allow kids, it is not an adults only resort. Management can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Paraiso de la Bonita originally was adults only, but when it became a Zoetry brand that changed. I believe now kids are allowed although not encouraged. Personally, I would never bring a child there as it just is not the right atmosphere. During our stay there were no children until the last day, when two young kids arrived. I'm sure they are delightful and well-behaved, just like mine at home :), but it did change the atmosphere a bit to have kids running up and down the beach.

The bottom line: if you want to relax, enjoy spectacular service, be surrounded by beautiful things and luxurious accomodations, and enjoy being indulged & pampered, this is the place for you. I might not recommend this resort for someone looking for a lot of action and nightlife or for families with small kids.

We enjoyed Zoetry so much that I'm sure we will be back. That is a high compliment from us as we usually like to try new places and new resorts to see as many places as we can. We also can't wait to try the new Zoetry locations in Cabo and the Dominican Republic. Our next trip on the books is to Maui and we said several times during our stay that we wish we could cancel that and return to Zoetry instead.
My wish list for our next visit:
1. Many more beach beds
2. Restricted smoking areas (Zoetry bills itself as wellness-oriented after all)
3. softer beds
4. adults only or at least an age limit of 12, 14, something like that

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

My husband and I travel a lot and our experience, as well as many reviews we read on Trip Advisor led us to one conclusion - no room in any hotel on this planet is worth $900. This is especially true about any hotel that used to be hot 3-4 years ago. Maybe Dustin Hoffman stayed there a few years back, but let me assure you, there ain't any movie stars there now. While we didn't experience any major problems, the property, service and the area were just blah...no imagination, no life, no one at the bar, no music except for 15 minutes at dinner, no entertainment of any sort, no pool table, no board games in English. The place feels empty and dead, as if a nuclear bomb just went off and wiped out the entire guest population and staff. The bartender was so excited to see us, you'd think he's been cast away on a deserted island. All of this is made worse by the fact that the property is pretty isolated from Playa del Carmen and Cancun. The management team is obviously unable to find the right balance between classy and a crowded swim-up bar with overweight guests and super-load music. At this point this hotel would be better off lowering prices slightly, catering more to families and more upbeat upper middle class travelers who will be able to breathe some life into this otherwise attractive property.

Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

My wife and I decided on a last-minute weekend trip to Cancun in late July. We were looking for top-tier luxury, a classy atmosphere, romance, excellent food and being completely pampered. After extensive research, we decided on Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita. We were a bit nervous because we are accustomed to 5 star vacations and had never gone to an all-inclusive resort, because of their reputation as noisy and tacky with lousy food.

I can't tell you how delighted we were, therefore, when we arrived. We were greeted at the airport by Jorge, who had champagne and cold water waiting for us in the brand new Lincoln Navigator that took us to the resort (all included in the room rate). Jorge was super friendly and really set the tone for what was to be one of the nicest vacation weekends we've ever had. The resort is beautiful. Our suite, like all of the other rooms at the resort, was less than 50 feet from the beach, and was spacious, clean and decorated beautifully. From the sculptures on the walls and the ornate headboard, my wife and I couldn't get over the detail and work that must have gone into creating the rooms. The rest of the resort, the pool, spa and restaurants were equally stunning. Unlike several other resorts in the area where the beaches suffered erosion as a result of hurricanes several years ago, the beach at Zoetry was beautiful.

Even better were the Endless Privileges and the staff who delivered them. This was definitely the highlight of our visit and what sets Paraiso de la Bonita apart from so many other resorts. The people who work at this resort truly do not know how to say "no." Anything we wanted, morning, noon or night, was made available to us, and always with a genuine smile. We have a somewhat restricted diet, yet the staff was always able to accommodate us. Without even asking, the chef prepared a special pot of vegetarian beans, which he kept in the kitchen just for us! Everyone knew our names and treated us (and all of the other guests) as VIPs. As I mentioned, food was a big concern for us, especially given that this was an all-inclusive. But, the food was absolutely fantastic. The resort has four excellent restaurants, each with very different menus, so you don't have to eat the same things over and over, and all of which you can have delivered to your room at no extra charge. La Canoa, their AAA Four Diamond restaurant, lived up to its billing, which is rare at an AI.

In all, we had an incredible time at Paraiso de la Bonita, which is unquestionably a first class resort. There were no rowdy guests or teams of screaming children. It did not disappoint in a single way. The rooms were gorgeous, the food was great, the service was majestic. It was one of the best stays we've ever had and we can't wait to return.

Fort Smith, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

We stayed 3 days and 4 nights last week and I think that was the perfect amount of time. We chose Zoetry because it is small, quiet, and all inclusive. We had a very relaxing stay. Here are the good things I observed: The staff was very nice and friendly. Pedro met us at the airport right on time. The room was nice and clean. The grounds were very well kept and pretty. It was nice being able to call home for free from our room. The only negitive comments I would say are: The bed was pretty hard but ok. The waiters at the pool forgot to bring me back my drink 2 times and another time they brought me something I did not even order. Not a big deal though. The place is very small. There is basically 1 pool to lay beside and after 2 or 3 days, it gets kind of old to me. We could literally sit at the pool and see our room, the spa, the front office and all 3 restuarants. There wasn't much room to walk around and just sight see and take pictures. There is no night life at all. There was the largest cockroach I have ever seen in our room. Luckily I was able to kill it. And I know stuff like that happens but it was kind of gross. We did not get maid service 3 times a day, I think they came by twice a day, but that was ok with me. They did not bring us a fruit tray everyday like it states. BUT, with all that said, it is a nice place to go to spend a couple days of doing nothing but relaxing. We are glad we went and we would recommend it to others but we probably won't go back just because we have already "been there and done that" It is so small there is nothing new there for us to see.

Goiania, GO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

We were celebrating our 10th anniversary ...
Wonderful place ....
One of the best places i´ve already been ...

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita? Share your experiences!