“beautiful resort, beautiful food and a beautiful holiday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita

Save Saved
You added Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita to your Saves list
Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal km 328, Puerto Morelos 77500 , Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #5 of 23 hotels in Puerto Morelos
“beautiful resort, beautiful food and a beautiful holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here for two weeks and i can honestly say it was unbelievable! The hotel is exquisite, luxury wouldn't half describe this piece of paradise.There is some beautiful gardens around the resort and an amazing beach with pier for the different cruises and water activities the hotel privately offers to its guests. All staff were very friendly and went out of their way to accommodate any requests we had, be that a little change in the menu or recommending places to visit, they were very attentive. The hotel offers a range of relaxing activities such as sunset cruises and cigar making as well as snorkeling and a range of tours to the Mayan ruins.The spa also offers a range of very relaxing activities including a Mayan purification ceremony which leaves you feeling reborn and fresh another unforgettable experience which i would deffinately recommend if you are staying here. Breakfast was delicious a very good menu and i must say the Mayan honey was possibly the best honey I've ever tried! I must give my respects to Raoul the head waiter in the restaurant Kaax, he puts allot of effort and passion into the food and service of the restaurant and was an amazing waiter! Apart from the food and beauty of the hotel, the staff definitely made this holiday as amazing as it was the people of mexico are very friendly and a piece of them have come back with me to Ireland, an amazing experience that wont be forgotten!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
info_zopdb, Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge at Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Paddy M,

Thank you for your time to post a review. It is a great honor for us to receive your feedback and to know about the great stay you have enjoyed.

We are overjoyed to know that you have enjoyed the multiple cultural actrivities and the Thalasso Spa center services.

We can´t wait to welcome you back soon.

1,194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just spent a long weekend in July 2013 at Zoetry. It was an absolutely fantastic experience and I definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a nice place to chill, unwind, and relax. Some main points:

1. This resort is absolutely designed for couples. Zoetry is peaceful and tranquil and everything about the experience is something you want to share with that special someone. Unfortunately I was not able to come with my special someone. My college buddy came with me last minute, and I'm sure everyone on staff thought we were lovers or something...awkward. Haha. But we had a spectacular weekend nonetheless. But yea, if you are not a couple, then you're probably not optimizing the experience.

2. The service was fantastic and everyone was nice. This is definitely a Yes place. Your wish is their command. One area of improvement though is the service time at restaurants was rather slow (maybe the kitchens were understaffed?) That was something we experienced at all of the restaurants for all the meals of the day to varying degrees. It wasn't egregious but I think it's an area of improvement.

3. La Canoa: Try to eat here as much as you can. Kaax is really good and worth trying, but La Canoa blows it away. The experience is great. Don't forget to pack shoes/pants/a polo at the very least so you can get in.

4. Protip: Sign up for stuff ASAP at the front desk. Doesn't matter if you think you might not make it. Make sure your name is on the list. Whether it is the catamaran, shopping excursion, classes, etc. A lot of the events are capacity constrained, so it's good to get on the list and then decide later on that you don't want to go. As a corollary, if you don't make it on the list for something you want to do, fret not. You can always just show up at the time of the event and more than likely there will be no shows and you can make the event. I know it's weird but trust me on this.

5. Speaking of the catamaran: the sunset cruise is absolutely a magical experience. You CANNOT miss this. It was an amazing experience. I was able to catch the sun set and moon rise at the same moment in the same panoramic photo (it was a full moon). Talk about a great photo-op.

6. Protip #2: Everything shuts down at 11pm. Lights will start going off. So at midnight, grab a blanket/towel, go to the beach, lie down, stargaze. There is literally ZERO light pollution and there will be zero people on the beach then. Coming from NYC/Boston, I can tell you that this was an incomparable experience. Lying down looking up at the blaze of the full moon and the stars was absolutely surreal with the white sand, etc. You'll find random crabs and various creatures coming out to the beach in the dark which is pretty sweet. The midnight beach time is absolutely an undervalued asset. I wish the resort would set up like an official midnight stargaze or something and set up a few towels and mats so that more people can do this. I'm telling you, if you bring your special someone here, it is definitely going to take your relationship to the next level :) Best half hour / hour of your vacation.

7. Tip everyone.

8. Free transport to/from the airport is awesome.

9. I stayed in Mandawa. Great 2nd floor view of the beach. A lot of the other suites have their views blocked by the palm trees, which is sad (Damasco is one example).

10. Gym is open 24hrs a day. But once the spa closes, you have to take the back entrance, which involves going through some dark places. And there is no obvious path. Not ideal if you like getting in a midnight workout like I do.

11. As the other reviewers have mentioned, the beach is not ideal due to seaweeds.

12. For how expensive the resort is, I was shocked that you couldn't get toothpaste and toothbrush delivered to you for free. I mean, if I can get free toothpaste from a basic Starwood, I feel like I shouldn't have to pay here. They can definitely make the Bvlgari Shampoo bottles wayyyy smaller and take those savings and applying it toward basic toiletries. Random complaint.

Yea, spectacular experience overall.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Alex S,

We are very honored to receive your detailed review, this is a great feedback for including great comments, suggestions, and also tips for other travelers.

We will follow up your suggestions with our management to take the proper actions.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was our second trip to Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita in two years. We were hopeful that the second time would be as good as the first and we need not to have worried. Valter Espinoza, the GM, and staff provided an outstanding experience and made our stay truly enjoyable.

It is a laid back resort. That is what we like about it. There are plenty of activities to do at the resort and its sister resorts are nearby as well. The resort offers an intimate, relaxing experience-made all the more enjoyable by getting to know the staff at the resort. Meals Kaxx and La Canoa are delicious and innovative.

We look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AnkenyCyclone,

We would like to thank you for your time to share your kind comments and your experience. It was a pleasure to have you home and to know that you have experienced a great service on this your second visit, thank you for your preference.

We will be waiting for your return.

Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I went to zoetry for our 20th anniversary, just got home last night! We ere worried we might be the youngest people there given the low key atmosphere, but absolutely not, all ages were represented. The trip started with the perfect pick up at the airport in a well air conditioned mercedes van with a cold towel and sparkling wine/water. We were checked in and taken to our room within minutes!

EVERYONE is smiling and greets you where ever you go. The service is excellent. Most of the staff speaks excellent English and they are very kind as I tried out my basic Spanish.

Food: The food was very good. More than met my expectations. For those who are used to large portion sizes and all you can eat buffets, this is NOT your place. It was always fresh, custom made, and hot (or cold depending). In particular, at dinner, the portion sizes were on the small side, BUT given that we ate 4 or 5 courses, I still walked away stuffed and I was glad for the small portion size. Every dessert was incredible! I recommend mango sorbet and Sabayon (sp?). They offered many choices of food. At the grill you could eat more traditional American- burgers, pizza etc. They also had a large selection of more traditional Mexican food. My favorite was the many varied choices of high caliber gourmet food. I tried many things I have never tried before. Presentation of the food, no matter what you ordered was fabulous. I always looked beautiful. Of note, the service is NOT fast. This was just fine for us as we were happy to sit and linger. Dinner at Canoa could be a 2 hour+ affair. Also of note make sure and pack for the dress code at Canoa- shoes/pants/collared shirts for men. No shorts/flip flops for the ladies. We saw people turned away bc they did not have appropriate dress.

Accommodations- Our room was very large with traditional Mexican Hacienda decor. It was nice, but nothing exceptional. The decor seems a little dated, especially given the very sleek modern trend in hotels, but it fit the theme. Both TV's had a very bad picture, but we were not there to watch TV so I didn't care. And I am sure if I had complained they would have changed it out. The couches were pretty uncomfortable. I have seen reviews that the beds were uncomfortable, but we didn't have a problem. The suite pool on the patio was a very nice touch although we did not use it much. The views of the beach were astounding! When they promise ocean view, they do not exaggerate! Full beautiful view out your window. Not "if you lean out the window and kink your neck you might see the water". Room service was very fast and the staff was very helpful. We ordered coffee/fruit/toast etc a few mornings and they said "25 minutes" and it was usually there in 10 to 15. The "fresh fruit basket" consisted of 3 apples, but I would prefer to truly order up fresh fruit. I would advise Zoetry to just eliminate this touch, because it is not consistent with the rest of the excellence they offer. The resort at a whole was kept meticulously clean.

Experiences:
Thalasso Seawater Experience: This was fun and diverting, but nothing exceptional. What I did like was that they allowed my husband and I to go together into the sauna and steam room which were "mens and women's".
The Traditional Temazcal steam room ceremony was again entertaining and diverting. I am not much of a steam girl...
Cigar rolling was fine and interesting, but clearly the guy is there to sell his cigars. He is not too pushy and you do walk away with a cigar you rolled.
We loved the wine and tequila tasting. Very entertaining and informative. Miguel and Jimmy were GREAT.
The catamaran ride was probably the BEST "all inclusive" diversion. Beautiful ride with champagne.
One disappointment was that we were REALLY looking forward to a cooking class and they only offered it 1x per week and it was on a day we were not there. So we did not get to do it.
Also, we were disappointed because there was a charge for the stand up paddle boards. The web site makes in look like this is included and it was $16 for 1 hour.
ADVISE: Sign up for the "sign up" activities on your first day, as there is limited availability.

Pool/Beach; Both were beautiful with poolside service. The staff sets up the lounge chairs/beds for you. We split our time between both places. The beds on the beach are pretty cool! The ocean is pretty full of seaweed, but they beach is gorgeous. Thanks to Frederico for his great attention. On our last day he asked me when we were leaving the beach and I told him 1. At 12;45 he delivered our favorite drinks to us as a farewell. A NICE touch.

Animals: There are birds and iguanas EVERYWHERE. It is pretty fun to sit and watch them. They also have a crocodile (we never saw it) and a peacock and many exotic caged birds. The wild birds can be quite loud. They were often our morning wake up call. Again, I did not mind as I wanted to get my day going anyways!

Other thoughts: Our room was a bit of a walk to the lobby, but not too bad. At night they offered golf cart shuttles (which I loved in my high heels).
I don't know if the resort was not full, but I felt like we had tons of privacy, never had to "save" a beach or pool spot, never had to wait for a table. It was not crowded at all.
Remember it is not 'adults only"- There was one small child- screaming at the restaurant and running naked on the beach. Zoetry does not make it kid friendly but I think they would possibly gain by making it adults only. We almost did not book here because adults only was very important to us.
A disappointment was that we emailed ahead of our trip and reserved out evening catamaran tour for Thursday night. When we went to confirm, they had no reservation. They had openings on Saturday, so it was ok, but I would have been pretty frustrated if we had shown up on Thursday without confirming and been turned away,

Overall, if you are looking for great service, good food, and a relaxing, quiet vacation this is your spot. If you want a party atmosphere and and lots of high energy activities and buffet food, go elsewhere.

Dear Dea B,

Thank you for your recent visit and for your time to write your review. It was a pleasure to have you home.

It is great to know that you have experienced a personalized staff service during your stay and a fun time participating in the activities.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Massapequa, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I, and another couple just returned from Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita and must let fellow Trip Advisor readers know that this resort is superb, outstanding and well versed in extending a warm welcome and enjoyable stay.
The staff is friendly, courteous and professional. They anticipate your needs--from setting up beach and pool lounge chairs with cushions and fresh towels -- to offering substitute meals that may not appear on the menus and are more suited to your tastes.
Miguel, our poolside waiter was a hardworking staffer with an outstanding personality. So cheerful and accommodating. Danny served us an evening meal and was just as pleasant and accommodating.
The suites are magnificent and include a living room, patio with ocean view, comfortable king size bed and an incredibly beautiful bathroom with sunken tub, shower and large closets. Comfy robes and slippers are offered during your stay and twice a day maid service is standard.
This is considered a "wellness" resort, so, no, there is no entertainment or poolside karaoke, etc. Just simple rest, relaxation and quiet. This was a really lovely vacation and back to work I go, refreshed and renewed.

Room Tip: If you are seeking night life, inquire about their sister hotels in the Dreams and Secrets resorts n...
Dear marie w,

Thank you for your time to share your relaxing experience. We are overjoyed to know that you have enjoyed a personalized service. Also thank you for your kind comments about the comfort of your suite.

We look forward your next visit.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was our 4th time to Zoetry in the last 2 years. In my previous reviews, I always said that above all else, service is what sets this resort above all the rest. Just when we thought it couldn't get any better; it did! We have always felt that the people at Zoetry try to make everyone feel special and they certainly achieve that goal. As a return customer, the service seems to get even better ( if that is possible ) mostly because everyone there knows you and can anticipate your every need.
A little background on my wife and myself to help you understand our travel habits. We have been traveling to either the Caribbean or Mexico for about 27 years. About 15 years ago we decide that Mexico was the one place we loved more than all the others; mostly for the no-attitude service and best food. Having found AM Resorts (Secrets, Zoetry, etc, ) made us change our habit of never going to the same resort twice. Since 2005, we have been to either one of the 3 Secrets in Mayan Riviera or Zoetry at total of 19 times. As much as we loved all the Secrets, Zoetry has become the one place we have been looking for. We are both in our 50"s and have found that the quality of food, suite, and above all, service at Zoetry exceeds all the competition.
I can repeat all the great things that people on Trip Adv. have already said, but what's the point ? I Can say that any negative review you read must be taken with some skepticism. This is not a resort for people who want a loud pool bar and music. And yes, you must put on long pants and shoes in some of the restaurants, but this is all part of the elegance. A quality evening consists of a superbly made drink by Jimmy at the Library bar, followed by a 5 star dinner at La Canoa or one of their other restaurants and perhaps a nightcap back at the Library. We find that making new friends here is easy and always adds to total experience. Hugo, who manages La Canoa will make sure that everything is perfect. If it's not on the menu, no problem, he will get it for you. My wife being a vegetarian often finds it difficult to find quality food at other resorts. Not only will they make something special, but it will be 1st class quality.
Our favorite part of our trip is being around the pool or beach with absolutely the best service you could ever hope for. Miguel and Antonio are outstanding and have become our friends. Nothing is too much trouble and they will always find what you want even if someone else says it is not possible.
Sergio at the front desk and Rafa the concierge are also exceptional. Even when you think everything is perfect, they are trying to make it even better. Don't know how they do it.
Edgar, a waiter at Kaax is the best around. Always makes us happy and takes care of our every need. A special thanks to Cesar and best wishes for a continued recovery from your recent illness. You make our stay with you all that more pleasant.
All of this wonderful service is headed by Valter Espinoza the GM who always treats us like royalty and is largely responsible for us returning. We will be back again in Jan.
Over all, if you looking for the highest quality in food, service, suite and just wonderful people; nothing beats Zoetry. Every 6 months we try to decide where we are going next and think maybe we should go back to trying some new and exciting place, but in the end, we always go back to what we know and love.

Dear alhart,

We are very honored to read about the great experience that you enjoyed, thank you for your time to write this review.

It is a pleasure to know that after so many trips to the Riviera Maya, you choose our beautiful resort. It is very important to know that out staff service have exceeded your expectations one more time.

We´ll all be waiting for your return.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I went to Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita on our honeymoon at the recommendation of two different friends, and we could not have had a more positive experience. In fact, we have convinced three other couples to go since we visited!

Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita was a perfect experience from start to finish. From the moment we were picked up at the airport (with 2 glasses of champagne waiting), to the moment we left. We would go back in a heartbeat... we hope to go on an anniversary!

Our favorite things were:
- The small, intimate atmosphere. We felt like we were at a private resort. Restaurants, pool chairs, and cabanas were easy to access with such a small crowd.
- The food was phenomenal. We loved all of the restaurants and visited each!
- The staff. What can I say!!!! Incredible, friendly service.
- The rooms. Our suite was gorgeous and quite large - we had a plunge pool on our patio that made for nice afternoon dips, too!

If I were to complain about anything, it would be that we couldn't really swim in the ocean due to the seaweed. However, this did not prove to be an issue in the slightest for us. We still loved sitting on the beach in a cabana (cocktail and guacamole in hand), and the pool was so stunning that we honestly never wanted to leave. The seaweed-y ocean was very, very minor to us.

I will say - if you are looking for a lot of activities, lots of things to do, and a more active vacation, I would not recommend Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita. However, if you are looking to relax, unwind, and rest with your spouse (as we were looking to do on our honeymoon), I believe it's perfect.

Overall, I highly recommend Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita for a honeymoon or other romantic vacation. Go, go, go!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Sariska" room, which was one of the closer rooms to the main portion of...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jamie T,

It was an honor to have hosted you during your honeymoon celebration and to know that you have enjoyed a relaxing vacations with the best service.
Thank you for recomend us for other couples who are looking a very relaxing and romantic stay experience.

We will be waiting for your return.

info.zopdb@zoetryresorts.com

Been to Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita? Share your experiences!