My girlfriend and I just returned from a week's vacation at one of the most beautiful, friendly and comfortable resorts that we have ever visited. We were looking for a smaller, friendlier and more peaceful resort, and to say that we were pleasantly surprised is a gross understatement. In fact, we were both totally thrilled and enchanted by the exquisite seaside location, the soft sandy beach, the quality of the rooms and the variety of services we received. The staff at the resort are very friendly, courteous and helpful and have a natural "joie de vivre" which is absolutely infectious. We appreciated them all, whether receiving our beverages delivered to our lounge chairs at the beach, or being served our delicious food promptly and efficiently at whichever restaurant we chose. The office staff, and particularly Alain Martin, were invaluable in their assistance with any and all of our questions.
Our delightful trip began at the airport where we were met by Manuel in a Mercedes van and chauffeured to the hotel. The twenty minute ride was made even more pleasant by the fine chilled champagne and cool facial towels that we were offered, and gladly accepted. When we arrived at the resort our bags were taken to our suite and we were given a quick tour of the gorgeous surroundings. We were then escorted to our room which was breathtakingly beautiful. We chose to stay on the third floor and had a stunning view of the beach and ocean and the privacy of our own spacious and comfortable terrace. There was also a lovely balcony off of our large bedroom. The bathroom was luxurious and extremely practical with lots of room for both of us to enjoy the large bath, walk-in shower and double sinks. The artwork in the rooms and the gorgeous fixtures added to the overall pleasure of being there. Needless to say, our suite was kept spotless by the constant care of the chamber-maids who visited at least twice each day.
The grounds of the resort are equally impressive, with a large variety of tropical plants and flowers, not to mention the native wildlife - countless iguanas and a variety of colourful parrots and other birds. It was always a pleasure to see these delightful creatures in their native habitat. In fact, wherever one looked there was so much natural and man-made beauty to behold.
The food at the restaurants was delicious, healthy and included both vegetarian and fish and meat dishes. The breakfasts were one of our favourite meals, served in the outside patio and included an abundance of fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, bread and rolls, eggs cooked in any style, cereals and pancakes; as well as both regular and espresso coffees and teas. Plus we were serenaded by a very accomplished musician on the harp who played everything from the Beatles to Beethoven! The other restaurants were equally wonderful, and we especially enjoyed the fresh fish at the Sushi Bar in the afternoons. The tuna sashimi is not to be missed!
One of our interests is tennis, and we were very pleased to find a very well maintained court which was also lit at night. There is also a spa which seems lovely but we did not spend much time there. We did take some yoga classes and also went on a snorkelling trip off of the barrier reef, which is the second longest in the world. Many thanks to Alex at the Marina for giving us some helpful suggestions. We also took a wonderful day trip with our friendly chauffeur, Jorge, to visit the Mayan ruins at Tulum and then do some shopping in Playa del Carmen. A great day of touring, but be sure to bargain if you decide to purchase any of the many beautiful cloths or jewelry that they sell.
We are now back home in over 3 feet of snow, but our hearts are still warmed by the beauty, friendliness and much appreciated comfort of this spectacular resort. We want to thank Alain, Alex and all of the other marvellous people who helped make our stay so memorable. We hope to see you all again soon!
Muchos Gracias! Hasta Luego!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mexico's famed Paraiso de la Bonita Resort, a Leading Small Hotels of the World, Virtuoso member and four-time winner of the prestigious AAA Five Diamond Award is tucked into a protected private Beach just 15 minutes from the Cancun International airport. The ultra-luxury boutique beachfront resort is considered the most exclusive property in its category in Cancun's Riviera Maya region. Each of the 90 lavish oceanfront suites is uniquely decorated with hand-picked treasures and feature private terraces, luxurious bathroooms with Bvulgari bath amenities, Frette robes and towels and spacious living room. The resort is home to North America's first certified Thalassotherapy Spa, which combines the ocean's most beneficial elements with state of the art equipment and techniques. In addition, the property's private 48 ft. Catamaran treats guests to a delightful experience on the beautiful waters of the Mexican Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paraiso De La Bonita
- Paraiso Bonita
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos