We had travelled to the Zeotry Casa del Mar property (Los Cabos) in November and had such an incredible experience (rated 5 on all categories) that we immediately booked a trip to Zoetry Paraiso on our return. We fully expected the same level of service and quality (as most trip advisor reviews had stated) and we were quite disappointed with this resort.
Compared to several other resorts we have stayed at in the Mayan this resort is higher end, better located and very good but relative to the price delta over most other Mayan properties and our other Zoetry experience this was a let down. This resort has such potential and so many wonderful things it is a shame to be rating it a 3 but reality is this was not up to standard.
The trip started well with an immediate pick up at the airport and private transfer to the resort. They also took us right to our room (no check in) and took us around the property. Unfortunately things slipped from there as we went right to the main restaurant for lunch.
The major issue that we had was service problems in restaurants. This was not isolated, my wife had 8 straight meal issues in her first 8 sit downs. These were not minor issues, they ranged from simple things like not bringing things ordered (cream for coffee, fruit plate) to serious issues like chicken being undercooked and completely wrong menu orders being delivered. This was not an issue of attitude or laziness, the staff were wonderful and trying very hard but clearly there is either a process issue or management/training issue when repeated issues just keep on happening. Ironically we are not generally people that complain about service or the type to send things back but this was so bad we were forced to start ordering simple things that we hoped would not be problems!
The food quality (when correct) was very good in all 3 restaurants and we in fact had the best meal and incredible service our last night at the resort when for the first time we got a waiter (Erick Lujon) who was first rate. He knew his wines and his skills were as we would have expected all to have. Had we had him all evenings it would have been a different stay!
The resort location is outstanding with everything right on the beach/ocean. The service on the beach was outstanding, we had Antonio every day and he was very good. The only small issue is the number of people who reserve beds and chairs and at both the pool and the ocean and in fact barely even show up. We generally did get what we wanted but were surprised the resort has not cracked down on the multiple reserves and not using.
Other than the restaurant service issues the service for the rest of the property was very good, front desk was excellant, bar service good, cleaning staff and general upkeep of the resort were all 5's. We also took advantage of the photographer on site and did a 1 hour session with him that got made into a hardcover book, it was well done and reasonably priced. He was a very creative photographer and we would highly recommend him and that service.
We were pleasantly surprised by the rooms, we travel a lot and found these suites to be not only clean and spacious but they had an authentic mayan/mexican feel to them and were very unique. The bathrooms were very large and had a nice glass, stone and marble feel. The balcony was extremely large and included a plunge pool. It was nice to look at but we did not use it...weather was not the best and the mosquitos were omnipresent.
We used the gym at the property and it was fine, good variety of equipment and not overly busy. We did not use the spa but heard from others that it was very good.
Overall this could have been a very nice vacation but the pervasive service issues over ruled the positive and we will not be returning. Sadly it has also tainted our positive feelings about the Zoetry brand and our original plan to try the one in the Dominican as well is now on hold.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paraiso De La Bonita
- Paraiso Bonita
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mexico's famed Paraiso de la Bonita Resort, a Leading Small Hotels of the World, Virtuoso member and four-time winner of the prestigious AAA Five Diamond Award is tucked into a protected private Beach just 15 minutes from the Cancun International airport. The ultra-luxury boutique beachfront resort is considered the most exclusive property in its category in Cancun's Riviera Maya region. Each of the 90 lavish oceanfront suites is uniquely decorated with hand-picked treasures and feature private terraces, luxurious bathroooms with Bvulgari bath amenities, Frette robes and towels and spacious living room. The resort is home to North America's first certified Thalassotherapy Spa, which combines the ocean's most beneficial elements with state of the art equipment and techniques. In addition, the property's private 48 ft. Catamaran treats guests to a delightful experience on the beautiful waters of the Mexican Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Stentorian NV, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Splendia, Hotels.com, Venere, Amex, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.