There is so much to say about this wonderful resort that I dont even know where to begin. When we stepped off the plane, we were directed to wait for "the man in the orange pants" who would be our driver to the hotel. When he showed up he gathered our belongings, loaded them into his nice lincoln navigator, offered us a cool towel, and poured us sparkling wine. It was a very nice, and quick! drive to the resort from there. This is important to me, as travel time (especially in cars from the airport) can often get lengthy. When we arrived, we were given a brief tour of the hotel and taken to our room, which was a ground level suite with the plunge pool. As I read in other reviews, I tend to agree that this pool wasnt of much use to us. It did accumulate bugs, leaves etc, but with a small filter I didnt see much else they could do. In my opinion, they did their best to keep the pool clean- I saw them coming around every morning at approx. 6 am to clean it out and check it. We loved our little patio though, and had breakfast there a couple of mornings. Room service was great, and delivered hot to our room very quickly. I had no issues at all with timing.
The pool- was absolutely stunning. I love the multiple pools seperated by a shallow pool- making it so you can lay around in the shallow end of the pool. This is such a great idea, and makes it easy to lay in the sun but stay in the water. The staff at the pool were wonderful- making sure we always had drinks, and remembering exactly what we were drinking.
The food was definitely some of the best I've had at an AI resort. La Canoa is probably one of the nicest restaurants I've ever eaten in, and we had the opportunity of eating there multiple nights so I tried just about everything on their menu. Steak, seafood, desserts- all absolutely wonderful, and the waiters were wonderful. My biggest complaint about the service at the restaurants as a whole was the length of time to receive orders. Even on nights when there was only 2 or 3 other tables taken, the service was still slow. The food coming out of the kitchen took forever, making dinner into a 2 hour experience. While my bf claims this is a "part of the experience", I disagree because by the end of dinner we were falling asleep after long days of drinking in the sun. On the other hand, the food from the sushi bar at Kaax was very quick, and sitting at the sushi bar watching them make the sushi was great. The sushi was excellent, prepared well and very tasty.
The resort also offered lots of little programs to keep you occupied during the day- a wine tasting, a tequila tasting, and even a cooking class with the executive chef. These were all absolutely wonderful, and we enjoyed them so much- especially the opportunity to get in the kitchen and cook with the chef. We were also able to do yoga one morning on the pier which is very memorable and different then any other yoga location I've ever had!
The spa offered a lot of treatments, and though we didnt purchase any of these treatments, the salt water pool at the spa is still open to everyone. This is a wonderful and relaxing place to go. You can access this pool through the spa, they dont always make it clear that it's open to everyone, but it very much is, and is worth your time.
Overall, I loved this resort and would definitely go back. This is a pricey resort, but for the relaxation, great food, and wonderful people, it's definitely worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mexico's famed Paraiso de la Bonita Resort, a Leading Small Hotels of the World, Virtuoso member and four-time winner of the prestigious AAA Five Diamond Award is tucked into a protected private Beach just 15 minutes from the Cancun International airport. The ultra-luxury boutique beachfront resort is considered the most exclusive property in its category in Cancun's Riviera Maya region. Each of the 90 lavish oceanfront suites is uniquely decorated with hand-picked treasures and feature private terraces, luxurious bathroooms with Bvulgari bath amenities, Frette robes and towels and spacious living room. The resort is home to North America's first certified Thalassotherapy Spa, which combines the ocean's most beneficial elements with state of the art equipment and techniques. In addition, the property's private 48 ft. Catamaran treats guests to a delightful experience on the beautiful waters of the Mexican Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paraiso De La Bonita
- Paraiso Bonita
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos