We spent 7 nights at Zoetry Paraiso for our honeymoon (November 27-December 4) and it was AMAZING! Probably like you, we looked at many different properties in different locations but kept finding ourselves coming back to this one. We carefully read through all of the reviews and booked our week-long stay about four months in advance. We kept checking the reviews prior to our trip, were thrilled with most, picked up valuable insight from others. There are so few negative reviews and there is a very good reason for that: this resort is as close to perfect as you can get. We whole-heartedly recommend Zoetry and all it has to offer to anyone looking for an elegant, romantic and truly relaxing vacation.
First and foremost, this is an absolutely beautiful hotel – the layout, the décor, the lighting the views – beautiful! (Check out our photos if you can.) Our suite was just gorgeous and looked exactly as presented in the brochure and on the Web site. These are not typical hotel rooms – they are quite large with beautiful décor. We stayed in Petra (rooms have names, not numbers) with a king-size bed, amazing bathroom replete with Bvlgari products, plunge pool, ocean front suite – highly recommend this room! The room was not only beautiful, but it smelled GREAT - we loved it! Housekeeping-wise, our room was always clean, plenty of towels, great robes, beautiful fresh flowers, and we loved that they kept refreshing our daily tequila and supplies related thereto. We got the honeymoon package (highly recommend this) and the night they decorated our room with rose petals and drew the scented bath was just incredible.
Second – the food was great. We found ample selections and unique creations that easily held our interest through 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, various snacks, and 7 dinners. We do not generally opt for the all inclusive but we did so here and were really pleased. We never found ourselves hungry or wanting. Better yet, there wasn’t a buffet or mass-produced meal in sight. As you have read or will read in the other reviews, there are three restaurants. La Canoa is the more formal restaurant – has somewhat of a dress code (no jeans or open-toed shoes for men.) We ate in La Canoa 5 of our 7 nights and did our best to try everything. They have meat and vegetarian dishes and we really liked them all, especially the lamb – definitely try it! We’d have breakfast at Kaax (offer Mexican and American options – both really good, as well as lighter fare like fruit, yogurt, granola, but the Mexican options were our favorite.) We also enjoyed a few dinners and lunches at Kaax (the beef carpaccio and sea bass carpaccio appetizers are wonderful.) For most of our lunches we usually ate at their outdoor grill, also with a number of options, but we must have had the chips, salsa, beans, and the most delicious guacamole ever every single day.
Drinks – top shelf and plentiful. Again, we never wanted for anything, either in the restaurants, at the pool, at the beach, in our room, etc. We did end up spending a lot of time at the pool, mostly because it is so beautiful, and the pool service was outstanding. We didn’t spend much time on the beach – the temperature averaged about 78 degrees (f) and the water was cold during our stay, but they do have these great cabana beds and of course, great service, laying out the towels, bringing drinks and food to you whenever you like. They have a greatl outdoor bar where we spent a good amount of time – beautiful décor, beautiful view, amazing lighting at night, fantastic service. It never felt crowded or loud – we loved it!
The grounds are beautifully maintained. It’s near impossible to find a place that isn’t created for peace or relaxation! Amenities wise, the spa is great – from the salt water pool, to the steam, sauna, and jacuzzi, massages, hair salon and other spa services – we enjoyed it all just about every day of our stay. We took advantage of some of the things that Zoetry offered: private catamaran ride, tour of Chitzen-Itza, cigar rolling, tequila tasting, the spa treatments, private dinner on their beautiful pier. We also had a Mayan wedding ceremony which was really fun and memorable! We had professional photos taken that truly captured how happy we were to be together in this picture-perfect paradise.
Last but certainly not least (and you will read this throughout these reviews) what really makes this resort so special is the staff. They are wonderful! Friendly, professional, accommodating – they really made this the perfect honeymoon for us. If we didn’t have something, they got it for us and did so quickly. If we wanted something, they made sure we received it. Never did we feel anything but special – it was great. Many thanks to all of the staff– particularly Helia – who coordinated our Mayan wedding ceremony, our cake, dinner on the pier, and the photographer -- she did a really excellent job; Abe the concierge who arranged our trip to Chitzen-Itza and really made sure our stay was everything we wanted it to be -- and all of the wait staff, particularly Miguel by the pool and Arturo at La Canoa. Thank you all!
Again, we were there for 7 nights and were treated so well we hated to leave! We both have busy careers and four children between us so were truly lucky to get a full week away together. We do plan to go back at some point as it was an absolutely perfect get-away for us. So – bottom line – if you are looking at Zoetry for your honeymoon or getaway and you are looking for some place really special, high-end and designed for romance without the night-club feel, Zoetry Paraiso is the place. We can’t find enough good things to say about this resort! If you have any questions, feel free to contact us - thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mexico's famed Paraiso de la Bonita Resort, a Leading Small Hotels of the World, Virtuoso member and four-time winner of the prestigious AAA Five Diamond Award is tucked into a protected private Beach just 15 minutes from the Cancun International airport. The ultra-luxury boutique beachfront resort is considered the most exclusive property in its category in Cancun's Riviera Maya region. Each of the 90 lavish oceanfront suites is uniquely decorated with hand-picked treasures and feature private terraces, luxurious bathroooms with Bvulgari bath amenities, Frette robes and towels and spacious living room. The resort is home to North America's first certified Thalassotherapy Spa, which combines the ocean's most beneficial elements with state of the art equipment and techniques. In addition, the property's private 48 ft. Catamaran treats guests to a delightful experience on the beautiful waters of the Mexican Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paraiso De La Bonita
- Paraiso Bonita
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos