“Pure Heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita

You added Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita to your Saves list
Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal km 328, Puerto Morelos 77500 , Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Pure Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Just spent the best 9 days ever on vacation. A little background about my wife and myself. We have been traveling to the Caribbean and Mexico 2-3 times a year for the past 22 years, but recently almost exclusively to Mexico because of the excellent service and lack of attitude we sometimes found on the Islands. Until we discovered Secrets resorts in 2005, we had never stayed at the same resort twice ( to avoid disappointment ). In the last 6 years we have stayed at Secrets Capri, Silversands and Maroma 4 times each and have never been disappointed. Last year the Manager of Silversands suggested we try Zoetry for something a little different.
It was the best decision we could have made. Everything that you have read good about Zoetry in other reviews is all true and in our case, even better.
What stands out the most, is the best service we have ever experienced. Everyone; from Valter Espinoza the general Manager who greeted us as we arrived, to the pool attendants who could never do enough for us, ( especially Miguel ) helped to make this a special time.
We stayed in Durban ( room name ) which was by far the most beautiful suite we have ever had. And it was a real suite, not just a large room. We felt like we could almost touch the beach.
The food at all the restaurants was excellent, and if you couldn't find something on the menu that appealed to you, all you had to do was ask and they would make most anything you wanted. Even the room service was excellent.
Admittedly, there is not much to do at night, but this was fine for us because we were looking for quiet and relaxation and that is exactly what we found. Most evenings are spent enjoying fine dining and good wine or champagne in a leisurely manor.
We highly recommend Zoetry and will definitely go back as well as try at least one of the other Zoetry's in Cabo or Dominican.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to the lobby are best in our opinion. No need to worry about noise. We preferred the 2...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Korean first
Dayton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

We just returned home from the most fantastic vacation! The service, the room, pools, spa (best we have ever experienced), food (oh the food) was spectacular! We plan on visiting all the Zoetry's around the world!

Room Tip: Every room has views of the ocean. No need to be choosy!
Bellville, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I cannot say enough about the service, food, and acoomodations of this resort. I had read most of the negative reviews before we went last week, and I was expecting there to maybe be at least one thing that goes wrong. I can attest first hand that either the people giving negative reviews are very hard to please, or turn something minor into something major. The service from the time we arrived at the airport till the time we left was second to none. The wait staff was remarkable meeting our every need usually before we even asked for anything. The food was phenomenal with plenty of choices even though we tend to find our favorites! We had plenty to drink and eat, if anyone goes hungry it is there own fault! The accomodations were unbelievable, very clean, extremely well manicured grounds. The pool and the beach was extremely relaxing and clean. However, if you are a person who likes getting into the water at the beach December is not the time for that. It is very breezy in December and choppy in the water, but absolutely breath taking to look at and relax. I felt like I was in my own Corona commercial! I really could go on and on with how awesome this trip was for my husband and I, the brochures and the online information is spot on, the rooms really look like they do online, and the services/ complimentary items are all there and all provided as advertised. Cannot wait to go back and would recommend to ANYONE!! Also, highly recommend the Chichen Itza tour and Senote.....Not included, but soooo worth the time and money!

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean front, cannot think there would be a bad one! Really enjoyed being on second fl...
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

We visited Zoetry for 4 short nights starting on December 8, 2011. We chose the hotel based on the higher level of facilities and service that they seemed to offer and are happy we did stay there. My overall comment is this is not a place to go if you are looking for a lot of action, are impatient, in a hurry or demanding. I have stayed at many fine resorts and can confirm the service is very good here, and they will get you pretty much anything you want, but everything is a slower vacation pace to start with. Relax and go with it!

We were greeted at the airport by a Lincoln Navigator, cold water and refreshing hand towels. After picking up a second couple we were at the resort in under 30 minutes. Upon exiting the car, we were greeted by Lucy who took us around the resort and then to our suite to check in. The room looked exactly like it did online, but better which made me happy. The mini bar was stocked, cold champagne waiting as well as a bottle of tequila and limes. She walked through all of our amenities and then was on her way. We waited less than 5 minutes for our bags to arrive and then we were off to eat lunch and the beach.

The wind was very strong while we were there so the ocean was not crystal clear and there were red flags out indicating it was prohibited for swimming. We were disappointed by this but quickly adapted to the pool area and in the end never missed the ocean. The service during the day by Pepe, Miguel and Antonio was very good. They insured we had all the towels we needed, umbrellas, amazing drinks and food. I will say that we are pretty undemanding people that were enjoying time away from three little kids, so it wasn't hard to keep us happy.

Overall the food was good with a misstep here and there, but nothing that ruined our meal. My husband enjoyed all of the seafood and sushi dishes he ate and we both enjoyed the fillets at La Canoa. At Kaax, Rafael greeted us each morning for breakfast by name and he and the rest of the staff was very charming and took care of you - they are pastry pushers!! Dinners were good there as well however I will say the service there was a little spotty some nights. One night we would get a lot of attention and others it was hard to get more water. That said, the staff was really friendly and in the end it wasn't a deal breaker, but it was noticeable. No one was ever pushy with us the whole stay about buying anything. We ordered coffee every morning and when I did, we were offered pastries and anything else we could want. It was to our door in 15 minutes each time.

Spa and the therapy pool were nice diversions and very good.

We missed doing the tequila tasting and wine tastings but heard they were great. Overall, don't be afraid of this resort. I really loved it and felt like I wanted for nothing for 4 days and got very good service in all areas of the resort! Happy to answer questions for anyone if you want to send me a message.

Room Tip: We wanted a plunge pool but found it was too cold most of the time as the sun in December isn't...
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

If you want a nice quiet-5 Star classy resort to relax, this is the place to be. Age group was very mixed most people were friendly and we met a lot of people from all over, some honeymooners, some like us on vacation. We were their Mon-Fri (Dec. 5th thru 9th). Just back and wish we never had to leave!

Just re-read some of the reviews before posting this review - GueroGuapo72 could not agree with you more. Nice review as we also almost cancelled and we are so happy we went.

Having stayed in Cancun a few years ago, I made reservations at another non-all inclusive hotel. After considering what the final bill for room, drinks, their expensive spa and food would cost us for the few days in Mexico I decided to go another route – all-inclusive.

Having stayed at Secrets in DR, I decided to stay within the AMR family and located Zoetry, a HIGH END PREMIERE all-inclusive. Checked out the great reviews and booked our trip. After booking the trip the reviews changed and I had my doubts, however I can assure you, the place is great. Food, service, staff etc.Not sure why the poor reviews.

Note: When you leave customs proceed out the door, NO need to stop at the condo/time-share hawkers. We were greeted and picked up at the Cancun airport on time and delivered promptly to the hotel, felt like 15 min time.

At the hotel we were again greeted-welcomed by Ruben with refreshments and brought to our room via a quick hotel tour, no check in time, just right to the room, unpacked and headed to the pool.

The staff is amazing from the grounds-keepers to housekeeping to front desk and in between, you are greeted in Spanish and Myan with hellos, good morning/afternoon/evening etc. You felt welcomed and appreciated that you were staying at Zoetry.

The room – Romance Ocean Front St Plunge Pool King, never used the pool but it was clean and available. Nice walking distance from the main araes, towards the end of the hotel. The room (Bora, Bora) was large and I was glad we booked this class of room. We had total privacy, the shower was refreshing and we didn’t want to leave it and the room was well maintained with evening turn-down service. Our schedule for the room, up early breakfast, then headed to pool, relaxed, swam; read a bunch a great books (my favorite vacation is judged by how many books I finish reading) back to room at sundown to get cleaned up for dinner. In other words we didn’t use the room much. Except to sleep and clean up/change.

Our first morning we woke at 6:40 am, I called room service for coffee and they suggested we also try the Mexican Hot Chocolate and some pastries. Within 20 min or less, our goodies were delivered hot and fresh.
Breakfast was at Kaax and the food was fantastic and service was great - Alex took great care of us for most of our time there, learned that I liked my morning coffee and kept my cup full. On our 2nd morning Cesar – head waiter/ maître d suggested I try the Huarache Mexicano (RES-O Pollo) with fried egg. What a great choice he made for me. Note: We learned if someone suggests you try something then try it. Had it twice (mixed with beef & chicken).

The fruit plate was nice with fresh fruit and feel free to add or delete items from the fruit plate. You also have to try their French toast and pastries – Chocolate crescent – yum, yum. Last day Francisco & Joel took great care of us and Joel & Cesar took note that I drink a lot of coffee and took over for Alex who was off and kept my coffee cup full – that is service.

Pool side service – Ricardo took great care of us, learning our drink or drinks of choice and making sure that our chairs were covered with dry towels etc. especially after when we had some rain. We noticed, that the staff took great care of the other people just as good as we were taken care of, even people that we met that were on the beach mentioned the great service they had.

Lunch was at the El Chiringuito or poolside. Hamburgers with waffle fries or their chicken or club sandwiches were all great.GET THE CATCH OF THE DAY – Grouper or whatever, it is a whole fish head and tail. So good everyone was talking about it. Also their Calzones (Mexican was our choice) were also great. We had to wait for the fish as it took about 30 min or longer and the staff made a bigger deal of our wait then we did. They kept coming over and apologizing, we told them we have no place to go, no problem. It was worth the wait.

Dinner – we ate the first night at El Chiringuito had grouper filet and skirt steak, my spouses steak was cooked to perfection and my fish was good.

Our other dinners were at La Canoa their Prawns, Linguini with Mango sauce (Ap), Watermelon Salad, Lamb, Grouper and Salmon all great choices. You must try their chocolate desert (like eating candy) with ice cream. Our waiter – Arturo, learned my beverage of choice and served my spouses wine of choice and my drink. We both recommend the Chowder.

At all the restaurants, you didn’t go away hungry -. All dishes had enough food and if you were still hungry could always add items.
Everyone went above and beyond to deliver what you wanted. Great service was provided by everyone. We never had a bad meal or poor service. Staff was friendly and helpful, their when you needed them.

SPA – The spa was very nice, salt water pool – relaxing, fitness room is ok, I used it one day, and the treatments were wonderful. MY spouse had Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita Reflexology Ritual by Yuri – Her feet were hurting her real bad all week, after the treatment her hands and feet both felt great.

I had the Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita Specialized Massage by Lulu and she did a great job with the 60 min massage. I was like rubber when I left the spa. Prices are typical resort prices.

There are peacocks and other animals walking the stone walk paths and I noticed they had a staff member mopping the stone pathway cleaning up shall we say their remains… Just shows how much they care about the resort being cleaned. The property is beautiful and well maintained.

All I have to say is that we will return, staying longer then the 5 short days we stayed and we hope that you give this place a try, if you read my other contributions, you will notice we have stayed a lot of other 5 star/nice, well rated resorts, this isn’t lets just say our first and only contribution. Oh one more thing I forgot because they weren’t an issue for us… mosquitoes – based on the reviews we brought plenty of bug spray, stuff to treat bug bites etc. and never once had to use any of it. I saw two mosquitoes my whole time there, first day & after a rain storm. We noticed that they spray the property daily – evenings also…

PS The Front Desk Staff, Ruben and Zuko Garcia also provided us with Great Service, took care of transportation etc. Thanks everyone at Zoetry for our great experience. Hello to Mike & Cheryl from NYC, nice meeting the both of you, Susan & Mep, from SC, Great meeting the both of you and congrats again, we hope our paths cross again.

Room Tip: All were nice our room Bora, Bora was towards the end of the resort very peaceful location
Rancho Santa Fe, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at Zoetry over the Thanksgiving holiday. Zoetry is a small boutique resort. Everyone makes an extra effort to make sure you are comfortable. The service was good and the accomodations clean and quite comfortable. We had a second floor Ocean front suite which was large with a nice view. The mini-bar was sparsely stocked and we had to ask for it to be stocked on a daily basis. Likewise, we had to request the coffee maker in our room when we arrived. Then we had to ask for coffee refills daily...I am not sure why they would not get the message.

We had very good Spa treatments daily, although the Spa was nothing special. Likewise, if you enjoy working out, the fitness room is very small and unless you get there very early there is a wait.

If you want a top notch luxurious experiance for about the same price try Le Blanc it is awesome. However, the book up fast in advance and require full payment with the booking.

Room Tip: Second floor ocean front is the best choice. The first floor rooms with private pool are not worth...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

It was a Tuesday and I was reading the TripAdvisor reviews and finally decided to cancel based on the reviews I had read. We were scheduled to leave on Friday and I needed a place to stay. After all of my research, I went with my gut and rebooked this hotel on Thursday evening. It was one of the best decisions I have made in quite some time. This is my "Zoetry For Dummies" Version.

Yes they pick you up at the airport. Yes they give you fresh towels to refresh your face with. They did what you expect a 5 Star facility to provide from the beginning to the end.

Management is outstanding.

The rooms were fantastic.

The food was very "fresh" and creative. Every meal was prepared with savory ingredients. If they don't have what you want on the menu, ask. You will be surprised how they will accomodate you.

The spa is a little pricey, however we both had the best massage of our lives at the hotel. Ask for LuLu...she is unbelievable.

Important. If you are looking for wild evenings and partying...THIS IS NOT YOUR PLACE. If you are looking for a relaxing time, you have found home. We overheard a pair of young (Mid 20s) couples complaining how there was not much to do...my wife and I laughed and figured they missed the boat.

A vacation spot is what you make of it. You will have good service, food, location and accomadations. You will feel at peace here...

Room Tip: I would recommend staying on a 3rd Floor room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita? Share your experiences!