“Our Vacation of Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita

You added Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita to your Saves list
Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal km 328, Puerto Morelos 77500 , Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
Winnebago, Illinois
“Our Vacation of Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Just gotta say WOW! My vacation with my husband was excellent! From working with CheapCaribbean to schedule my vacation, to the flight, to the pickup by the resort at the airport, to the tour by our personal concierge, special attention by the resort even before we arrived (I emailed with Zuko – manager of the resort to ensure all was taken care of prior to our arrival), to the WOW factor when we saw the resort and our room. It was absolutely amazing. I would go to this resort on every vacation! I high recommend this resort too!!!

Our first day we arrived at Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya, they all knew our names, we never had to touch our luggage, they did everything. We were treated like royalty every day. Imagine going to a resort that is 100% a SPA. Yes they had a SPA, but even outside of it everyone treated you so gently, kindly and professionally. Every detail was taken care of even if you were walking they asked if you wanted a lift on the golf carts. We of course liked the walk along the pebbled path to see the crocodile in its own area and the birds flying around. It was a serene walk.

Here is our vacation info. We arrived, they picked us up in a really nice plush vehicle gave us a cold washcloth and water. When we arrived at the resort they welcomed us with a drink then we received a personal tour, luggage was taken to our room, we went to our room and it was fantastic. Everything you see in the pictures for the resort is their and more. From entering in the room to see a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us with 2 fluted glasses, fresh fruit, oh and the coffee machine (bottle water of course) is the best. The coffee machine makes espresso and man its good! I wish I could have one of those at home.

Each room had bottle water in multiple places including the bathroom and then you have a small fridge fully stocked with water, pop (soda), beer, and wines, liquor. There is plenty of storage room to place all your belongings so you don’t have to live in a suitcase. Nice soft fluffy robes are provided with slippers and if you get the slippers dirty they replace them. In the bathroom you have everything you need from cotton balls, q-tips, lotion, shampoo/cream rinse, body wash and the standard items like your sewing kit, head cap. You are provided ample towels daily in the bathroom as well at the pool or on the beach. Oh I almost forgot the nice beach bag that you are given – so don’t bring one. This one is handmade and a really nice item to bring home and use during your vacation.

When you walk thru your private entrance with a gate into your room all you see wonderful colors in the room, marble flooring and the decorations are perfect for the tropics. We had the king size bed with a plunge pool (nice pool and clean). The only complaint I had is they didn’t keep the plunge pool circulating and I needed to call daily to get this turned on. The beds were a little hard at first, but the pillows were wonderful to sleep on and I now miss that nice firm bed. I have never slept so well on vacation. Usually it takes days for me to get use to a new bed, but not here. The room was decorated nicely, had a couch and chair, end tables, plenty of lighting, 2 ceiling fans, 2 sliding glass doors to the room, a desk and I almost forgot wireless internet. This was the first time I’ve ever gone anywhere where the wireless Internet worked 100% around the resort and I never had an issue. People raved about this fact – not sure why on vacation we want to be on the Internet, but it was nice to know you could and the speed was solid.

I am still amazed by the size of the bathroom, from the décor to the size of the 2-man tub, 2-man shower with a tropical flair. Oh the bathroom had plenty of lighting (even motion lighting) along with a mirror that lit up for shaving. Yes there is plenty of storage space to put all your belongs and they give you a working blow dryer as well. There are ample outlets in the bathroom when needed too. The closet space is excellent for hanging clothes. Granted I did bring some hangers but I really did not need too. The toilet area is private behind a door, then you have your in room safe. I was amazed how seriously they took this. We left it open one day and they called security to lock it up, left us a card to call the front desk to get our new code so we could change it (and no nothing was taken and I had $200.00 right in front). I felt the staff was trust worthy and was there for us. They would clean during the day and then come back at night for turn down service leaving our robes on the bed with flowers all around with our slippers. In the bathroom everyday they put new flowers from the area for us to be able to see the local beauty. In the sleeping area you have a T.V. built into a cabinet with storage space below it and yes the T.V. worked fine for the few times we turned it on.

We never felt unsafe here. Both my husband and I felt as if the staff was there for us personally. From saying our name to asking us if we needed anything they were very attentive. I was amazed that they always asked if we needed something to drink. Usually at an all-inclusive resort they don’t push alcohol. This was top shelf liquor too and they definitely didn’t skimp when making the drinks. From the wine to the liquors to the drinks everything was great. The food was absolutely amazing. Menu driven - all you can eat and the selection was delicious. From Ribeye steak to fresh fish, salads, soups, everything on the menu was good and they changed up the menus every other day, so you always had new items to select. It wasn’t just a few items either; there are 3 restaurants and normally 2 open in the evening during off-season. Breakfast was at one place or you had the choice of eating in your room. Room service menus were as good as if not better sometimes than the restaurants and that was available 24 hours per day. When room service came in they setup everything for you and brought flowers to decorate the table. They only asked that you call a number for pickup and they promptly came. We called room service several times. Don’t forget to call for their fresh fruit plate, freshly made salsa, homemade chips and guacamole. WOW this was yummy. If you needed ice they showed up promptly with a bucket for you. If you needed anything in your room they were there without hesitation even if you forgot something, they would make you feel as though all your needs would be met.

Now back to the food as this is so important at an all-inclusive resort that didn’t do buffet style at all. Every day they had fresh sushi and it was absolutely fabulous. The food was top quality with portion control and the plates always came decorated nicely with flowers or food decorations. They would offer you lime, oranges, apples or cucumbers for your water glass, which was either filtered or sparkling. You were always offered something to drink. Daily they made different types of ice tea, which were all very refreshing. If you ordered 3 items they lined up the silverware to match, so watch out how much you order, you could end up with a lot of silverware. The chefs daily made a special item that would be an offering they would share from a simple scallop to a yogurt drink. Now my best part every morning they had these warm rolls, pastries that were out of this world especially the chocolate croissant – wow was that delicious! There is an outdoor fire grill that cooks homemade pizza’s, steaks, burgers, whole fish and it gives a nice chard taste to the food. Our favorite restaurant was Kaax (Pronounced “Caash” a Mayan word meaning "Jungle"). This was more a casual dining restaurant but you could wear fancy cloths if you wanted as well. The fine dining restaurant La Canoa was ok, I feel they made a solid attempt to have the fine dining style food, but the taste of the food was not as good as the food looked and the other one was so much better – taste match food quality. My husband and I like to dress up sometimes but on vacation you want to relax so it was nice to have fine dining in a casual atmosphere with Mariachi guys singings songs in the background. Very elegant and romantic! For breakfast there was a man playing a harp and he could play just about anything. Its not normal harp music – it sounded like a piano. I could go on and on about the food. Lets just say it was well worth it and the best ever at an all-inclusive resort, and the coffee was great too. I did order the cappuccino daily with an espresso chaser just for an extra kick. Just don’t do that too late at night – you won’t sleep a wink.

Tea time was offered daily where they made freshly brewed hot tea. I have never seen more flavors in my life from Pina Colada, Amaretto to every type of leaf in the world. Worth trying even if just once. This was offered in the bird lounge where all the wild birds were either in cages or on their man made perches. Don’t touch the birds they do bite. Can’t blame the birds since they are rescue birds from the wild. But they are gorgeous to look at. All the furniture and decorations throughout the resort are tropical and comfortable.

The only complaint I have is I don’t like bugs and on the bar tables there are these little bugs all over the wood tables. I think they referred to them as termites that eat the wood but they are super tiny. Granted they don’t bite humans, but I would prefer to put my drink down on the table without them. I also didn’t want to put food on the tables in the bar area.

If you wanted to get away from the bugs you can go into the library room, they have a bar there along with games at night. I played my husband some games and won – so that was fun of course! In the library room they offer different events at night including the Tequila tasting which was lots of fun and educational. My husband now enjoys Tequila more since it’s like a fine wine if you drink it right. The library room was also air conditioned so it was nice if it was raining, humid or just wanted to get away from insects.

I don’t know much about the SPA itself since we didn’t use it. There is a salt-water pool that can be used for minimal times during the day, and of course the SPA items you can purchase which are pricy. My husband did use the workout room, which was handy and nice. It had plenty of equipment for a quick work out since running on the beach can be difficult. With this resort being so private the beach only goes so far and then you run into rocky areas filled with garbage (it would be nice if this was cleaned up). Kinda sad to see all the garbage on the beach in these areas’s, but it’s probably not owned by anyone. You could try to run on the beach farther to the other resorts, but you must do this carefully and sometimes you have to run in the water to get around certain areas. Not truly worth it.

At night my husband and I would go out to the pier to watch all the fish. They left 2 lights on the pier (which was very stable) shinning into the water at night and it would bring smaller fish in which would bring the 4-5 foot fish in along with families of sting rays. WOW this was amazing to watch. Of course watch out for all the crabs walking around on the pier too. I only wish they would put some chairs out on the pier even if just at night so we could have sat longer to watch the fish.

If you wanted to have them do a dinner on the pier you can set that up but its like $300.00 and really not worth it as it’s the same food you get in the restaurant. I would spend the money on an excursion before I would do that. They even offer to setup this fancy dinner up on the beach or in the pool. They have a motto of Fire, Water, Air where you can setup private meals. But the price is far too high. Sure its nice to have a private dinner for 2 but there were times that my husband and I were the only ones in the restaurants if we went early enough and we didn’t pay extra for that. If the resort wants to promote this more, they really need to take the price down. If you want music it cost about $3-400 more on top of that. I can play my IPOD and be happy for that savings. If you bring an IPOD you need to ask them to put an IPOD station in your room that is not offered regularly. Yes you have to play your music quietly since you don’t want to disturb other guest, but on your private sitting area its nice to hear some sounds besides the ocean.

They do have a Catamaran that takes you out for 1 hour and this is included with your stay and they serve Champaign while they take you out. Its worth it to say you did it, but nothing super special. They just skim along the outline of the area and then come back. But it was nice to say we did it. You do want to make sure the weather is good if you do this. I would not recommend going out in high winds.

At night the resort is wonderful with all the lights but by 10:30pm everything shuts down. No food (unless you call for room service which is available 24hours for food only – no drinks) and no bar life. Be smart and if you drink wine ask them for a couple bottles of wine (they will put it in ice buckets so you can sit and drink even if they are shut down). When you’re in the bars there is no music unless you can hear in the distance the music being played in the restaurants during open hours. I think it would be nice to have some gently played music that is tropical to create a tropical vacation impression when in the outside lounge area. I do think they can do this without disturbing guest and keep it to quiet music.

When everything shuts down and you walk around the lights stay on till about midnight and then they shut everything off. Its kinds spooky at night without any lights even on the pier, but keep a flash light on you just in case. We would sit in our plunge pool area, which had 2 cushions and watch the ocean at night or listen to it. Our room was 100 feet from the ocean and 20 feet to the beach. They did a good job trying to keep the seaweed off the beach area since the storms were pushing that in. I wish the water was clearer for more days of our vacation. The last few days it was crystal clear, the other days it was filled with seaweed. Security would walk around with their flashlights at night to check on everything, which just added to the feeling of safety. But be careful they can spook you too if they just walk up while your sitting outside (we were on lower level of course).

The pool was really nice too; when you walked up most of the time they would setup your area for you, which was same on the beach. They would bring you towels and an umbrella if you requested it and sometimes a table. This was inconsistent and it would have been nice to have a table for all seats and not have to search someone out to setup the towels by both the pool and beach area. We called for seats outside our room like we were told when we arrived our first day we could do, but nobody ever came, we had to go out to search for someone to help us 2x. I realize they get busy, but if they are going to run over sometimes they should do this all the time. I noticed they would put out 3 towels on the seats for setup in the morning. The 3 towels would go on the covers but then they forgot you need 2 more towels for the double seats to use to dry yourself from the pool. It would have been nice to have a table setup on each side of the pool with extra towels to grab. I realize they were by the marina area, but it would have been nice to setup baskets in other areas for convenience. Possibly one outside the bar (lounge) by the pool would be a good place. The only complaint with the pool area is (1) one day they did not turn on the filters and it was foggy and dirty looking which is bad. What if this was the first day someone arrived, first impressions are everything. We were given the excuse that the person that cleans them took the day off? Really took the day off at an all-inclusive resort and nobody else can turn on the filters and clean the pool. Didn’t sound right to my husband and I was not good impression for that day.

We also didn’t like the fact that the pool closed at 7:30pm yet they would start cleaning it up at 6:30pm and then if you wanted to sit at the pool it was an extra effort to get towels and other items. We almost seemed to annoy them to sit there. 7:30pm is early and it would be nice if they allowed (1) weekly night swim since it was so beautiful at night with the stars and they did have lights in the pool. Just a thought.

The plunge pools are not as private nor kept clean daily (cleaning of this pool is needed daily!) as I would have liked since people above you can see into it if you are in it. So no naked stuff unless your not shy. Also people can walk up easily as well in the grassy area in front of it beyond the bushes. It would be nice if they had a draw drape to wrap around it so you could have some romantic privacy…but then you always have the bedroom, which is huge and lovely.

The resort has many exotic birds that live on the resort and are displayed in good weather. My husband and I didn’t like to see the dungeon they live in down when they were not out which is down the path in back, which was dirty and dark. We wished that the tropical birds had been treated with more dignity. I am an animal lover of course!

The resort originally when we first were looking at it said adult only – but this is NOT an adult only resort. They do allow kids but people must pay full adult price for them. We did see a few kids and they were well behaved and quiet, so that was a very good thing. I love my grandbabies but I wanted this to be a relaxing, quiet vacation and it was all that and more.

When we went to check out they had everything arrange for us, pickup of our luggage timeframe, time to take us back to the airport, and had a our documents to sign. This resort is very organized. I loved the fact that even during our last hours we were still catered too with drinks and kindness. Some places get you in and can’t wait to get you out. But not this resort.

So to summarize this vacation, absolutely the most serene, peaceful, relaxing vacation we have ever taken. Food was fabulous, accommodations were more than I could ever ask for and the staff was professional, helpful, and caring. Would recommend Zoetry Resort to anyone. We did see some honeymooners there and I was surprised since there is a lack of night life, but you always have Cancun about 20 minutes away for that. If you are seeking a location that is beautiful, private, small, with everything you could ask for, go here. I almost don’t want you too, so I can have my private vacation spot. I just came home and I want to go back!!!!

I know I did put some suggestions in this and told the truth of our stay. I think you need to hear the good and bad. But in comparison to other resorts or cruises we have taken – this place is 100% above those. We all would love perfection and this resort comes that close!

To all the staff at Zoetry, thank you for making this the most memorable vacation in our lives. WE WILL BE BACK SOON!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Korean first
Verona, NJ USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

At first I had plans of writing a long, extensive, and indepth review of our trip to Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita but I instead took the sage advice of my wife and decided to keep this review short and to the point. After all so much has been said already in prior reviews that there isn't much left to say.

PROs:

-The airport pickup. Smooth, prompt and a great way to start the trip. (no more than a 15 min. ride from the airport.

-The rooms: Spacious at around 1,200 square feet. Well appointed with marble and tile work and decorations. Didn't mind the hard bed. FANTASTIC views of the Caribbean. *Wake up early and take in a sunrise...you won't regret the lost hour or so of sleep.

-The beach: we spent 95% of our time on the beach. The sand is a soft white powder and the sea by the resort is completely swimable. Due to a large reef about a mile off the coast there are few waves and no under-tow or strong current. You can bob along in the water for an hour and barely move. Seaweed didn't bother us much and the resort cleaned any that washed up promptly. (We're from NJ so we're used to swimming in waters with much worse things than seaweed in them!) Also the beach is no more than 50-75 yards wide from the suites to the sea so you don't have to endure any Lawrence of Arabia style excursions back to your room which is nice. However the beach is rather long so we never felt that we were on top of the people next to us which is another perk.

-The beach cabana beds: Early bird gets the worm. If you want one of the beach cabanas (there are only 6 or 7 of them) you have to get up early and "reserve" one by throwing your stuff on the bed before breakfast or the gym. Most are all taken by 8-8:30. They are worth it though. The rest of the beach loungers are still nice and the staff does a dutiful job of getting you drinks and food.

-The food: Is the food comparable to some of the finer establishments in NYC or LA? No. But for an all-inclusive resort the food is excellent. The kitchen staff does a nice job of presenting you with many options that are planned and cooked with care and thoughtfulness. For the first time on any vacation I felt like I ate healthier at the resort than I do at home. Breakfast was always spot on perfect. Anything we tried was great. Lunch was good as well. Dinner could be hit or miss but even the misses weren't that bad. Plus if you hate a meal that bad then order something else. It is an all-inclusive afterall. One other note about the restaurants. Unlike most large resorts where all the restaurants (or most) share one kitchen each restaurant at Zoetry has their own seperate kitchen and cook staff. This improves the quality of food and different varitals of cuisine immensly.

-The grounds: The resort is well kept and the staff works hard to keep the resort clean and manicured. The buildings are starting to show minor signs of wear, as can be expected of any structure located near the salt water. By no means is it a distraction or even all that noticable. I only saw things because of what other reviewers have mentioned and with all due respect to them I felt a lot of it was nit-picking to a large degree.

-The staff: Very friendly and accomidating. As good if not better than any other staff we've encountered on our travels.

-Spa: Awesome. Expensive but a really great massage. Thanks LuLu!

-Gym: Some great equipment but small. We never ran into an issue as we were in the gym by 7:30 each morning but it might get crowded at later hours of the morning.

-Extras: We snorkeled and had a private dinner on the pier. Both were a great time and I would highly recommend them. The pier dinner was a bit pricey but it was our anniversary so we thought we'd splurge and enjoy the moment.

-No pressure: We were offered extra coupons and credits if we left the resort one morning and ate breakfast at Secrets Maramoa. We kindly declined and that was the end of it. We felt little to no pressure by the staff and they graciously respected our decision.

CONS:

-Lost in translation: I do not speak more than a word or two of Spanish and most of the staff speaks limited English, although they try very hard. Things got confused from time to time but never anything major. Honestly it is more a failing on my part for not knowing more Spanish phrases before going to a country whose language is Spanish. Take this as a heads up and learn some very minor words and phrases before you go.

-Shower Temp: Again as others have stated the shower water temp fluctated from time to time. It was never horrible that it ruined my shower but it is an issue that should be resolved.

-Better TV channels: I know you don't go on vacation to watch television but occasionally we would want to watch a half an hour of tv before bed or upon waking in the morning. 80% of the channels are in Spanish and the only news channels are CNN and America's Network which is nothing more than a mash-up of CBS programs. ESPN would have been nice.

-Wireless: I was never able to access the wifi with my phone but this was never a problem as I was able to use the computer in the library room.

-Cabana Beds: Please purchase a few more Zoetry!

Well I guess this ended up being longer than I said. To conclude this review my wife and I would absolutely 100% recommend this resort to anyone who is looking for a completely relaxing and quiet vacation. If you want to get drunk and listen to Bob Marley by the pool (who doesn't from time to time!) than go somewhere else. If you want to be completely removed from your life and enter a paradise where you are treated like a good friend or famlly member and experience serenity then Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita is the place for you.

Room Tip: Try and stay in the first block of rooms. They are a shorter walk to the main area of the resort and...
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We loved almost every single aspect of our stay. The food, the service, the quiet beaches, the spacious and well appointed room, and the spa were all outstanding. The resort was romantic and secluded. This was our first vacation away from our kids and it was nice not having any other children around. Our favorite things: private cabanas, the service (lunch, snacks, drinks, etc. on the beachfront), couples massage on the dock (worth every penny), yoga, and the quiet/private atmosphere. Things that could have been improved, but didn't affect our overall stay: the beds (very firm/hard), pick up from the airport (it wasn't as smooth as we had hoped, but we never felt unsafe and the return trip was perfect), the water (not as blue as we had hoped and had some seaweed although it didn't hinder us from going in the ocean. Overall an awesome experience and we will be sure to go back.

Augsburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Sorry for the delay of my review from last April, but here it is! I have staid almost a week at Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita for my 3rd time and now I can say it is almost AMAN Resorts (best of the best) quality!

From arrival to my tears at check-out this this was I guess just a dream come true! The service can not be better, the pool loungers are most comfortable and there is always one available, the owners family so tremendously nice, breakfast and lunches amazing and dinners spotty.

The Resort was build for the owners wife as a gift and for their Jet Set friends to party and relax as well for the Hollywood Glam people to have a hide away for their medical needs:)! So everything is build to perfection, the design is collective from around the world and reminds me Bali and Africa meets Mexico! I also felt like I was falling back to the glorious 70's and 80's at glitzy and royal 'Marbella Club'!

My pictures will showcase how wonderful this 'Heaven on Earth' is!

But still there were things I didn't like and need improvement!

- Our laundry took 3 days instead of the 24h

- Very Bad and Spotty Internet service in the Suites

- The hot/cold shower water changes

-Scratchy Towels, the nice, thick & soft Frette Towels and Bathmats are gone...at least soften the new once!

- The Ritz Carlton Cancun provides Vouchers for their Guests to use the VIP Lounge at the Airport (you can not access it even with a First Class Ticket), since Zoetry Paraiso is better they should do so too!

The best...my next stay at Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita is already booked and I can not wait to be there in 8 weeks!

Thank you as well to the AMazing Team of the resort who makes everybody feel like Royalty & Family of their own homes!

King Marcus

Room Tip: All Suites are wonderful!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed at the Zoetry for 5 fabulous nights- July 22- 27, 2011 and were truly "wowed" by the hotel and staff! We were met at the airport by a Zoetry driver and escorted outside to our private ride in a Lincoln Navigator. We were given cool wash cloths to refresh ourselves and asked if we would like a refreshing glass of champagne to celebrate. What a nice touch to start our vacation out on the right note! :-) If you are looking for a vacation that is focused on "rest and relaxation" with a total sense of being spoiled- look no further...this resort is for you! I loved the exclusive small boutique feel of this property. Our 1200 square foot room was lavishly decorated with marble and tile with your own private balcony with breath taking views of the sea! What Attention to detail...we also loved our very own Nespresso coffee machine which brewed great coffee and drinking our coffee on the patio evey morning was a treat!
The endless priveleges...don't miss out on the sunset sail it was incredible! Be sure to book this upon arrival so it does not book up. Our complimentary beach bag came in handy for our pool and beach days! The infinity pool was gorgeous and so was the beach! A lot of seaweed did wash up on the edge of the beach but I was told this has to do with the time of year and weather. It really did not bother us that much but just did not make for pretty photo's. Take advantage of the private beach cabana's and getting waited on all day..definately a treat! You can order drinks and fresh fruit trays..even lunch to eat on your cabana.

The resort had an amazing spa area and we enjoyed hanging out in the Salt Water pool with jets which was so relaxing. We did not do any of the spa treatments because that was not really the focus for our visit..we were more into being outdoors and being lazy by the pool and beach. Pricing for the spa treatments are a bit on the high side even with resort coupons (which are only good for certain treatments that are higher priced).

The food was WONDERFUL...the food at the grill for lunch was nice...grilled meats and fresh fish. Of course the 4 star restaurant was incredible and we even experienced a private dinner in the wine cellar one night ($20 p/person) which was pretty cool. For breakfast..the coconut french toast was yummy and so was the egg white omelet with salmon and veggies..lots of delicious menu choices!

THE STAFF-- everyone was so pleasant and happy all the time...being greated to "Bix a Bel" (Mayan word for good day)- A happy greeting, & always a radiant smile to go along with it! Everyone seemed to go out of the way to try to provide their guests with the utmost of service and making sure that your every need is fulfilled. If the staff does not enjoy doing what they do- they certainly do a great job of pretending..LOL!

One more note-- if you are into the "partying scene" that is not the focus of this property. The lounge area closes at 10:30p.m. and then the property becomes very quiet with not many people around. We totally did not mind this because we wanted to catch up on our sleep and we quickly got into the groove of "early to bed, early to rise". It might be nice if the hotel could perhaps have one "evening lounge" that might be open a bit later...still keeping the theme lowkey...maybe relaxing jazz music..etc.

A BIG THANK YOU TO THE ZOETRY AND THEIR STAFF FOR MAKING OUR 5 NIGHT STAY SO FABULOUS AND MAGICAL!!! Keep up the amazing work!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I visited Zoetry for three nights prior to staying a week at Secrets Maroma Beach. We have visited Secrets Maroma 3 times previously but wanted to give Zoetry a try for comparison.
The airport pick up with champagne is a nice touch and also the room check in upon arrival makes things go smoothly.
As others have stated the rooms are beautiful with terrific views. We did find the beds a tad hard. if you are not into walking they would send a golf cart to your room to transport you to the main areas.
The grounds are well taken care of and the abundance of wildlife from birds to iguanas was most entertaining.
We found the two restaurants had an interesting variety of food available and it was easy to make healthy choices. The staff were very willing to bring whatever you required even if it wasn't on the menu. If you are a sushi fan and frequent a good sushi place at home don't expect the same quality of food in Mexico.......its just unreasonable. Maybe try something Mexican.
We found the pool quite small and sometimes cloudy, however in all fairness we did have some heavy rain the first day and this can mess up the PH level. The chairs around the pool were not the most comfortable in the world but the beach beds were wonderful.
The staff were all friendly and very helpful and smiling, although sometimes I did feel they were a bit short staffed when it came to pool and beach service.
We did not frequent the spa however the saltwater pool outside the spa was wonderful.
Although this resort was beautiful I had enough after three nights.......we are not party people but the fact the bars closed at 10pm did not work for us. Having said that it was a good starter location for a vacation as it was very quiet and you had no choice but to relax. I did not feel crowded on the beach or at the pool, and there was no music which I loved, but my husband did not.
I feel in a way that I'm not being fair to this resort as it was beautiful and peaceful, if you are looking to get away from the crowds this is for you......but I do have to say that we prefer Secrets Maroma Beach overall.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Zoetry from July 23-July 30th. We had an absolutely amazing time.

Our driver was waiting for us when we arrived at the Cancun airport, and yes, he had sparkling wine, cold towels, and fruit to dip in chocolate waiting for us. He was very friendly and we chatted the entire (short drive) to the resort.

The resort is beautiful, and looks exactly like it does in the pictures on the website. The resort is literally the last of five resorts once you turn off the main road...so it is pretty far back and looks like it was built out of the jungle. You really feel immersed in your surroundings, we saw peacocks, turkeys, iguanas, crabs and a crocodile during our stay!

Upon arrival we were greeted warmly by the staff and given a brief tour of the resort. We were checked in at our suite, the Kenya suite...which was gorgeous. It has a huge bathroom, beautiful terrace with plunge pool, large comfortable bed and spacious living room. We were greeted with tequila, sparkling wine, and fruit...and after being shown the different amenities of the room we were left to enjoy. As mentioned, the shower does switch from hot to cold water while showering, which was a slight annoyance, but certainly not something I thought about more than the three seconds it took for the water to go back to the previous temperature. Additionally, our plunge pool was drained and pumped pretty much every other day....so it was clean and ready for us whenever we needed it.

Food was fantastic! We were there for seven days and never tired of the menu choices. Breakfast was so good, each morning we ordered several fruit juices and were brought fresh toast and baskets of crossaints and cinnamon buns. It was certainly an indulgent week! Lunch was usually sushi and tuna tartare by the pool (excellent). For dinner, we tried all three restaurants. The prime rib at Kaax was great, and the grouper at the Grill restaurant was also impressive. We had the opportunity to participate in a dinner in the Wine Cellar of La Canoa one evening (if you have the opportunity, do it) for an additional $20 per person. We bought a $40 bottle of wine to share, and this was one of our best dining experiences of the week. You sit in the wine cellar with five other couples - and a creative, four course dinner is brought to you. I had tuna for an entree that night and it was delicious! My husband and I know good food and we were VERY impressed. Especially for an all inclusive resort.

Since we were on our honeymoon, an 80 minute couples massage was included. As in - completely free. No strings attached, we were never pressured to sit through any type of presentation, and in fact...when we asked the original cost of the massage so we could tip our masseuses...the spa staff seemed surprised we even asked. I don't think they were even expecting us to tip! We had the massage out on the dock over the water, and it was so relaxing just hearing the waves crash while getting a massage. This was the only spa service we experienced that I can comment on.

The pools are great! The beds by the pool are so comfy, and the staff goes way out of their way to serve you with food and drinks the entire time you are there. Eric, Miguel and Pepe were exceptional - but all of the staff is friendly and accomodating. We saw many, many people not even pulling out a dollar after being waited on for hours by the staff, and that didn't at all lower the service they received. We tipped and were happy that we did - the staff most certainly deserves it.

Room service was excellent. We would order tortilla chips, guacamole, and pico de gallo while getting ready in the evening and it would be delivered promptly and was delicious. We would order a pot of coffee and tres leches after coming in from the pool and that was my husband's favorite!

We utilized the laundry service while we were here and everything came back clean, pressed, and even our underwear was hung on hangers! It was great to go back with clean clothes.

We had no issues whatsoever signing up for the catamaran cruise, the shopping trip to Puerto Morales, the tequila tasting, etc. My only advice would be go to the little hut near the pool and sign up for everything the first day. We signed up our first day and we didn't miss out on anything.

Another positive! Free international calling in the resort....that works! We both made a few calls throughout the week and had no problem using the phone until the last full day we were there. For some reason that day, the phone wasn't working. We let the front desk know, and within 15 minutes the staff brought us a cell phone to use for the day. If that isn't service...I don't know what is. I was very impressed by that.

Overall, the resort is quiet and very romantic. My husband and I felt so special and taken care of....we really didn't have to lift a finger if we didn't have to. Coming straight from NYC a day after our wedding, we definitely needed to relax. It is a fantastic resort for couples. There were a few families with children while we were there but the children were quiet and well behaved. If you are looking for something a bit more wild, maybe stay somewhere else. Keep in mind though that Playa del Carmen and Cancun are both about 30 minutes away so if you are looking for the nightlife, you can simply go into town in the evenings.

We are hoping to come back soon for an anniversary!!!! Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita? Share your experiences!