“Azul-licious” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma

You added Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma to your Saves list
Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal Cancun-Tulum Km. 27.5, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
San Francisco, CA
“Azul-licious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2005

My girlfriend and I stayed for four nights at the end of February 2005. We really liked Azul and I will recommend it to all of my friends.

We read the TripAdvisor reviews beforehand and were -- as a result -- looking for the problems our first day there. Don't do this. Just go with an open mind, ready to experience a relaxing, fun time.

Having said that, I'll give you the primary bad thing: our building had brown, foul-smelling water our first two days. (Actually, it did vacillate a couple times between brownish and milky white.) This troubled me more than my girlfriend -- I had health issues with this, i.e. this can't be good for my skin. But a guy we went snorkeling with (who was staying in our building) said he'd experienced the same thing in Miami and that it wasn't a big deal. I did draw it to the front desk's attention both days and they assured me that they had engineers working on it.

Other issues: 1. Ummm...where is the Mexican food? I was in Mexico and a bunch (not all) of the Mexican dishes were Midwestern US-style -- you know, made bland for people who might be afraid of it. I would have even been overjoyed to eat Nuevo Mexican, but it really wasn't there. 2. I agree with the need for heated pools contingent. 3. More people vacationing from Minnesota than I had previously believed actually lived in Minnesota.

Now, the GREAT THINGS: 1. The staff was fantastic. From the activities team (volleyball, stretching, Hobie Cat trips, tequila tasting) and housekeeping services to the wait-staff, I was impressed. Such a warm and friendly bunch of people. There were smiles everwhere. Good times. 2. The food was really quality despite the lack of authentic Mexican food. Blue (world cuisine) and Tainin (Asian cuisine) were both delicious, but Tainin took a slight edge. Really good sushi. 3. Great beach. We even grabbed our snorkel gear and went 30 feet off (where the sea grass begins) and saw some interesting stuff. 4. The beach beds were a beautiful thing. The beach hammocks were amazing. And the lounge beds beneath the palapas were super. Remember: have your girlfriend or wife get up early (like, 6-6:30 am) to secure your spot! :) 5. The fruity tropical drinks were great. They'll make anything for you. I recommend a discovery I made there: the Miami Vice. Delicious. 6. The place itself: It's beautifully and tastefully designed. The Agavero tequila lounge (open at night), though typically kept at an unbelievable 60 degrees, is stylish and cool. Tainin is tre-chic. Even the lobby is a great place to sit and soak up the coolness. 7. The rooms are superbly decorated and cozy. There are dvd players in each room and movies at the front desk to check out. The bathrooms have great sinks. (And I never experienced a cold water problem -- I even took showers with just the cold water on because anything warmer was just too warm.) 8. "Desire", the nudist resort next door, provides a great motivation for walks along the beach ;-).

Again, overall, a truly enjoyable, laid-back experience. This is not a party place. Just a great place to soak up the sun, enjoy the warm, Riviera Maya waters (gorgeous beach) and relax.

-Douglas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
MPLS,MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2005

I'll keep this real short. This is a wonderful resort. Some people find something to complain about, but they need to relax. The staff was the best. The food was great, but did get a bit old by day 5-6. Get into the new rooms on this resort. They're much better then the old rooms. My wife and I traveled alone. However, we'll bring our 4 year old next time. All they need is a beach and water. The KIds Club looks like a great option. I was told several times, they're working on more kid foods and activities in the next year. The families I spoke to didnt have a lot of bad things to say, except for more kids food. Ask for PB &J. Not alot of nightlife, but Cancun and Playa are close. Very romantic for couples! People this is a new resort and some kinks need to be worked out. However, nothing is a deal breaker! I'm a probation officer and my wife a nurse...we're normal people from Minnesota...we loved this place! Go and enjoy. If you get a chance to stay at there sister resort El Darado...go! We were asked if we wanted to go because they were overbooked for 2 nights. What a treat!!! Take them up on the offer! A beautiful Place. Only for adults. Sorry families.

Been to Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma

Address: Carretera Federal Cancun-Tulum Km. 27.5, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Family Hotel in Puerto Morelos
#3 Top resorts Hotel in Puerto Morelos
#5 Business Hotel in Puerto Morelos
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma 4.5*
Azul Beach Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique-style property located on a gorgeous beach 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport. All of the newly renovated 148 rooms are just steps from the beach, pools, restaurants and bars.Featuring the Gourmet Inclusive® concept, epicurean offerings include candlelight dining on the beach, a fresh fish fry and butler service to the canopied beach beds. There’s an all-lobster menu, 24-hour room service and over 30 tequilas in the tequila lounge.Azul Beach especially caters to families with young children with loaner baby equipment, kid's club and parent support. The exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner coordinates family reunions. Romantic couples love Beachfront Sky Massages and Suite Scenes. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
Azul Resort All Inclusive Beach
Azul Beach Resort
Azul Hotel Beach Resort
Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos

If you own or manage Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.