Recently went to Azul Beach over spring break 2014 with my husband and two kids (10, 12y). We absolutely loved this resort and would definitely consider going back.
Rooms-consider a swim up suite if your kids like to swim. we found it very useful to be able to relax on the deck or in the room while the kids were outside swimming. water was clean and warm. we were in a renovated room and felt it was ideal for families. the rooms are large, clean and modern with big bathrooms and nice tubs. my only criticism was they do not provide conditioner so if you have long hair take some from home. housekeeping services are excellent and timely. we were there with almost 100% occupancy and had no issues. love the pillow and scent menu
Pools-clean and many of them. we never found they were crowded and it seems like there is some place to swim for everybody. there's one near the beach, one with a bar, one that is rectangular, one that is large with a bridge etc.
Food-this place is a NOTCH ABOVE other all-inclusives. we've been to over 10 resorts in this area and loved Azul Beach for the food. we were never sick and enjoyed all the a la carte options. we rarely had to wait at the restaurants and consistently had good service. lots of options for vegetarians as well. be prepared to wait if you want to eat at Chill at lunchtime but other than that, no issues. breakfast buffet is from 7-9, after that it is a la carte. I wished they would extend that to 10 am since if you want to sleep in a little, you would miss the buffet.
The bartenders were also great and the drinks were fabulous!
Beach-long stretch if you like to walk on the beach. there is a nude resort next door but you will have to walk quite a bit to get there so in general, for families, you will not deal with their guests. there is a little seaweed in the beach but they do clear it daily. snorkeling trips at 9 and 1 daily. you have to buy a $3 wristband to use the hobie cats and kayaks but it is good for your entire stay so if this is what you like to do, get it early in your trip. by far, the best thing at this resort are the palapas on the beach. stand in line before 3 pm the day before and reserve one. it made our vacation so much more enjoyable. these palapas are so comfortable!
Activities-lots to do for young kids at the kids club which is really nice; but also for the older kids there is beach volleyball, soccer, crazy games, bingo etc. it seemed like the kids were always busy and we had to drag them into the room for an hour in the afternoon. gym is nice. 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, bike and wts. it is cool and clean. there are TVs in there as well. did not go to the spa but it looked nice. some days, you'll just want to curl up with a book on their many swinging beds which are in the lobby and at the bar and the beach!
Staff-they are amazing! they really want to please you and are hardworking and courteous. my hats off to Israel, Joan, Fidel, Longino, Luis, Didier, Fernando, Ilse, Carlos and all the rest of the names I can't remember now! these guys make your vacation whether it be in the restaurant, the beach or the bar. Andrea (hostess at buffet) even gave my kids a hug on our last day and told them to come back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azul Beach Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique-style property located on a gorgeous beach 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport. All of the newly renovated 148 rooms are just steps from the beach, pools, restaurants and bars.Featuring the Gourmet Inclusive® concept, epicurean offerings include candlelight dining on the beach, a fresh fish fry and butler service to the canopied beach beds. There’s an all-lobster menu, 24-hour room service and over 30 tequilas in the tequila lounge.Azul Beach especially caters to families with young children with loaner baby equipment, kid's club and parent support. The exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner coordinates family reunions. Romantic couples love Beachfront Sky Massages and Suite Scenes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Resort All Inclusive Beach
- Azul Beach Resort
- Azul Hotel Beach Resort
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos