“Great Resort for Families with Young Kids and Babies!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma

You added Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma to your Saves list
Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal Cancun-Tulum Km. 27.5, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Free Room Upgrade!
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
Toronto, Canada
“Great Resort for Families with Young Kids and Babies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We just returned from an amazing stay at Azul Beach Hotel with our 2 kids (ages 2.5 and 5 months). This is a great resort for families with young kids and babies!

We stayed in the family swim up suite (villa 9) and it was worth every penny. Initially I had some reservations about the direct access to the pool with a toddler, but the patio door and the gate by the pool each have double locks to keep curious explorers safe. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. Our suite was set up with everything we needed for the baby when we arrived; stroller, pack n play, change table/baby tub, plus a bottle sterilizer and warmer, which we didn't use, but can see the benefit! Also as a breastfeeding mom, I felt completely comfortable nursing anywhere in the resort; beach, pool, restaurants.

Our stay was for 5 nights and there was enough variety in the restaurants that we didn't get tired of the food. The service was great, meals were served quickly and there were enough families with kids at meal times that no one cares about/notices the occasional fussy baby or disruptive toddler. Make sure you try the ceviche at the Chil Restaurant by the beach! Yum!

The beach is beautiful and there are plenty of beach chairs on a first come, first serve basis. Though you have to get there early to get a shady spot. The cabanas looked great, but we never got one because we didn't want to have to line up for ~45 mins the day prior to reserve one.

Our toddler loved Azulitos, the playhouse for kids. We stayed and played a couple of times. If our baby were a little older we definitely would have taken advantage of the babysitting services. The older kids taking part in the group activities looked like they were having a great time!

The staff across the resort was very friendly and helpful. The isolated location and the boutique size of the resort made us feel safe and secure the whole time. Not to mention that since everything was close by it was easy to navigate and run back to your room if you forgot something or pop over to the bar or sandwich grill for snacks and drinks.

Some very minor negatives:
- Housekeeping came at varying times - sometimes first thing, sometimes midday, sometimes afternoon BUT they always came and did a great job
- There is no full length mirror in suite to check yourself out before heading out
- The process for getting cabanas could be improved, i.e lottery vs line ups
- The are some mosquitos at night. Bring bug spray!

Overall we loved it and we'd definitely go back!

Room Tip: Splurge on a swim up suite. The suites in villas 9 and 10 face out to the best pool for kids and the...

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

If you're looking for a beautiful, quaint resort that's family friendly and has fabulous food, look no further. This resort has it all. Tho the property is small they offer 5 restaurants and 4 pools, all with a very different feel. The updated rooms are lovely, roomy, super clean and fresh smelling. The beach is large with lots of cabanas. The entire property is landscaped beautifully and kept very clean. There is a variety of entertain every night if you can make it past 8pm. What sets this resort apart from all the others is the level of service. Since the resort is small you get familiar with all the service staff. They are amazing, knowledgeable, hardworking and really friendly. Sure you had to wait a few minutes to be seated at dinner. Housekeeping kept you guessing as to when they would arrive. And yes there was a little seaweed on the beach. But who cares? This place is paradise.

• Stayed March 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Let me start by saying that my family and I really really looked forward to this vacation. We did our research and decided to spend the extra money on a really highly rated Family resort. That is how we landed on the Azul Beach Resort. Many reviews state that it is one of the best Family resorts in the Mayan Riveria. To their credit the grounds are impeccible. The pools are devine and the service is well, an "A" for effort. The kids club was fantastic and the kids really loved going to the activities and the lovely ladies that run the program.

We stayed from Feb 4th to the 12th, choosing the extra day to get as much rest as possible. Upon arrival we were treated with a high level of respect and courtesy. We asked for a Family suite and after a bit of song and dance were granted one. It was a great room and had an ocean view (by the Bubble Bar). We did pay for the room but it was worth it. Everything was going great for us till the final day of the trip. I don't know what I ate or drank, but It did a number on me. The day we flew back home I was down right ill. While I did not have Montezuma's revenge my stomach was hurting and my appetite was gone. I had a headache and nausia the entire flight home. Not the best way to end my trip. My wife was also ill but not nearly as much as I was. The kids seemed ok, with minor tummy trouble (they ate chicken breast, chicken fingers and french fries the entire trip). One final note, the beach here is just not very good. They have natural seaweed that makes it unappealing. If your looking for a nice beach, this isn't the place.

I have been home for several weeks now. When I first arrived I had a blood test to see if there was anything wrong with me. No conclusive information came back. I decided I would just write off the tummy trouble to "a Vacation in Mexico". Well now I can't. This past Saturday I was violently ill. I have lost about 5 pounds and have a greenish tinge to my face. I am starting to get the full battery of tests and hope that health will return quickly after medical treatment. Bottom line is that we will never go back to Azul chain. Another couple we met there was also underwhelmed. My advice to anyone that is looking at this Hotel is to take the high reviews with a a grain of salt. I wish I had.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for your review sharing your personal experiences of your stay. I would like you to know that I have read your comments and have investigated them with the hotel Management.

we are truly very sorry that you experienced sickness. . The health and wellbeing of our guests is of the utmost importance and we can assure you that we follow strict hygiene procedures, taking every precautionary measures. As well, we are subject to regular external audits and tests conducted by world renowned specialists, Sani consult, a leading company in health and hygiene standards and practices. We have exemplary results, with no evidence of abnormalities.

We would like you to know that any reports relating the health and wellbeing of our guests is taken very seriously. Even though, Most people relate sickness to something that they have ingested, there are many factors that need to be considered. Please feel free to contact me with further details of your stay and the outcome of your test result, I would like to discuss your experiences with you privately.

Best Regards

Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Azul Beach to celebrate our friends destination wedding. We traveled with several other couples as well and really enjoyed our stay. This was our third trip to the Cancun/Riviera Maya area the food here at Azul Beach was hands down the best. Our only negative on the trip was that our room was a little small, but since we really didn't spend any time in there, it didn't matter that much. We booked our trip through Rachel at Beach Bum Vacation and cannot thank her enough for taking the stress out of travel. Will be booking another trip with them real soon!

Room Tip: The first floor rooms on the ends are much smaller
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Many thanks for your review, It is always very rewarding to read the comments and feedback from our valued guests. A big thanks to Rachel from Beach Bum Vacation for reccommending us to you.

I truly appreciate your recent visit and hope that you will return again very soon.

Many Thanks,

Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I booked through Rachel Dillow at Beach Bum Vacation and had a great experience. The hotel was beautiful, extremely clean, with stunning views. We had a corner room located next to the pool and swim up bar and it was very quiet and we had beautiful views of the ocean and pool. The food is excellent, no reservations are required and it's pretty fast. We went for a destination wedding and had easily 8-10 people with us for dinner and they were very accommodating. My only negative experience was when I tried to order some chips and guac and the staff kept telling me to come back in 10 minutes, and I kept returning and they repeated the same thing.. Finally gave up and then found out that night that they didn't get there food truck with avocados and tomatoes on it... would have been nice to have that info prior to continuously coming back up there but otherwise lovely trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback, sharing your experiences of your recent stay. I do apologize for the inconsistencies experienced and I will be sure to address these areas with my management team.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your comments with future travelers and guests.

I hope you will return to visit us again soon at the Azul Beach Hotel.

Best Regards,

White Rock, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

From the moment we checked in we were made to feel very special...sipped on their wonderful "signature drink" while making a decision on our room scents and pilows. Our room was beautiful along with the loverly big balcony and lounging bed. The food was excellent along with the service. A few weddings were held there and i received lots of postive feedback on their experience. The Azul Beach, along with the other Azuls and El Dorados always offer superb service, beverages and gourmet food.
We will return!
D Humphrey
White Rock BC

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for sharing your experiences with future travelers, I enjoyed reading your feedback and I'm happy you had a great vacation at the Azul Beach Hotel.

Again, thank you for choosing the Azul Beach Hotel for this vacation and we hope to share many more in the future.

Best Regards,

Denver, Colorado, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I went to Azul Beach with my two children for a long weekend in February 2014. The booking process, including transfers to and from the airport, was very easy online.

We stayed in a family swim-up suite. I was concerned about the number of reviews where people booked that room but were given something else, but that did not happen to us. I LOVED the swim-up suite concept. Access directly to the pool from the room allowed my 6 year old to swim while the 2 year old napped. Ask for a room in the Villa 9 building (900 numbers) to have access to the pool with the swim-up bar - not only does it have the bar, but it has more people and more kids to play with. Our room was in building 11 and while we did have access to a pool, our pool did not connect to the other pool. Building 11 is also close to the event center and it can be little loud if there is an event.

The family-suite concept is great but the execution is not quite as helpful. The rooms are divided by louvered doors with open circles at the top. The master bed room is separated from the bath room by a wall of open circles. While the décor is very attractive, it unfortunately allows both light and noise to transfer between rooms, thus defeating the purpose of a family suite. When my 2 year old went to bed at 8:00, we were all done for the night.

The food was better than expected for an all-inclusive. The restaurant service started out great on the first two days, but Saturday must be a popular arrival date because it got VERY busy. The wait time for food on Saturday night was 30+ minutes and some condiments never came. With two young, hungry children, that is not an enjoyable experience. We probably should have just opted for room service.

The hotel is very clean and beautifully designed. The pools are great and the beach is beautiful and well-kept. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. But almost more importantly, the other guests were nice too. Most people had children and we found new people to play with every day which made the trip more enjoyable for the kids.

Despite the small, it was a great trip and I would recommend this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your detailed review. I truly appreciate your feedback and will be sure to follow up on your comments with our F& B manager concerning the experiences with the service at the restaurant.

I enjoyed reading your feedback and can assure you that your comments will be shared with all staff.

Thank you again and I look forward to your return.

Best regards,

Grand Residences Riviera Cancun
#1 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
5.0 of 5 stars 281 reviews
Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma? Share your experiences!