We just returned from an amazing stay at Azul Beach Hotel with our 2 kids (ages 2.5 and 5 months). This is a great resort for families with young kids and babies!
We stayed in the family swim up suite (villa 9) and it was worth every penny. Initially I had some reservations about the direct access to the pool with a toddler, but the patio door and the gate by the pool each have double locks to keep curious explorers safe. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. Our suite was set up with everything we needed for the baby when we arrived; stroller, pack n play, change table/baby tub, plus a bottle sterilizer and warmer, which we didn't use, but can see the benefit! Also as a breastfeeding mom, I felt completely comfortable nursing anywhere in the resort; beach, pool, restaurants.
Our stay was for 5 nights and there was enough variety in the restaurants that we didn't get tired of the food. The service was great, meals were served quickly and there were enough families with kids at meal times that no one cares about/notices the occasional fussy baby or disruptive toddler. Make sure you try the ceviche at the Chil Restaurant by the beach! Yum!
The beach is beautiful and there are plenty of beach chairs on a first come, first serve basis. Though you have to get there early to get a shady spot. The cabanas looked great, but we never got one because we didn't want to have to line up for ~45 mins the day prior to reserve one.
Our toddler loved Azulitos, the playhouse for kids. We stayed and played a couple of times. If our baby were a little older we definitely would have taken advantage of the babysitting services. The older kids taking part in the group activities looked like they were having a great time!
The staff across the resort was very friendly and helpful. The isolated location and the boutique size of the resort made us feel safe and secure the whole time. Not to mention that since everything was close by it was easy to navigate and run back to your room if you forgot something or pop over to the bar or sandwich grill for snacks and drinks.
Some very minor negatives:
- Housekeeping came at varying times - sometimes first thing, sometimes midday, sometimes afternoon BUT they always came and did a great job
- There is no full length mirror in suite to check yourself out before heading out
- The process for getting cabanas could be improved, i.e lottery vs line ups
- The are some mosquitos at night. Bring bug spray!
Overall we loved it and we'd definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azul Beach Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique-style property located on a gorgeous beach 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport. All of the newly renovated 148 rooms are just steps from the beach, pools, restaurants and bars.Featuring the Gourmet Inclusive® concept, epicurean offerings include candlelight dining on the beach, a fresh fish fry and butler service to the canopied beach beds. There’s an all-lobster menu, 24-hour room service and over 30 tequilas in the tequila lounge.Azul Beach especially caters to families with young children with loaner baby equipment, kid's club and parent support. The exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner coordinates family reunions. Romantic couples love Beachfront Sky Massages and Suite Scenes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Resort All Inclusive Beach
- Azul Beach Resort
- Azul Hotel Beach Resort
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos