“The Best for Families with Little Ones!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma

You added Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma to your Saves list
Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal Cancun-Tulum Km. 27.5, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
Greenwood, Indiana
“The Best for Families with Little Ones!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I am lucky enough to frequently stay at some of the best resorts throughout the Caribbean & Mexico as a travel concierge with Beach Bum Vacation. When it comes to amazing resorts for my family vacations with young kids, Azul Beach is hands down the BEST!

We first vacationed at Azul Beach when my son was 7 months old and cannot wait to take him back again with his little sister. I know it can be very nerve-wracking to travel with little ones but when you go to Azul Beach it is SO much easier & so relaxing!! They provide everything you need for the littlest guests -- strollers, Gerber baby food, bottle sterilizers, bottle warmers, baby monitors, cribs, pack n plays, baby bathtubs, etc. Plus there is a really fun Azulito's Kids Club with so many activities for the kids to enjoy and a Fisher Price toy lending program which allows you to borrow toys from the concierge lounges for the kids to play with in your room. If you are taking little kids, the resort does not supply tear free baby shampoo/body wash, sippy cups or bottles so you will want to bring your own if your child needs them.

Beyond the amenities that the resort offers for the little ones, the small size of the resort is perfect if you do not want to feel overwhelmed at a larger property. You can walk anywhere on property in under 5 minutes, very easy. All the rooms are quite close to the beach, so even if you do not have an oceanfront room, no worries because you will not be far from the ocean at all. The beach cabana beds are awesome for providing shade for the whole family and the perfect napping spot! Wait service at the beach was nice too since you could easily order drinks without having to move.

The staff was SO sweet & accommodating to us and our son and the waiters would great our little guy by name after we had been there a day or two. :) "Senor Jack" loved the attention and it was easy for us that they had high chairs, booster seats and toys in the restaurants.

Speaking of the restaurants, the food everywhere we ate was AMAZING!! The fresh ceviche at Chil was so good and we loved the little "energy bar" to stop by and grab a quick smoothie or snack. Pico de gallo and guacamole are SO fresh and yummy too. Dinner at Roma (Italian) & Tainan (Asian) was great and we were pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed Latino. We weren't really sure what to expect there but it turned out to be one of our favorites!

We stayed in a Swim Up Family Suite which was great for us (2 adults + baby). These rooms can accommodate up to 2 adults + 3 kids under 12. Personally, I think it would feel a little cramped if you had more than 2 kids and 2 adults. For larger families, I think they would feel more comfortable to have 2 separate Deluxe rooms (request adjoining).

If you are booking a Swim Up Family Suite, you might want to consider if you would like to request to have your suite close to the swim up bar or further away from it. Pros/cons to either option. For us, we were right by it and considering we had a "unique" sleeping schedule with a little one who, we probably would have been better being further away from it for less noise. Never caused a major issue but definitely something to keep in mind depending on if you want the convenience of being right by the bar or if you think it would be better for you to be somewhere that is going to be quiet.

I've helped many couples to plan their weddings at Azul Beach and each & every time, the guests and the couple come home raving about how awesome their experience was. I think the on-site wedding staff and overall management at Azul Beach are the BEST in Riviera Maya. They really take care of couples and make each wedding very special.

If you are looking for a resort with a LOT of activities & your kids are school age, you probably would be better off at Azul Sensatori vs. Azul Beach. Azul Beach is much better for the littler ones (babies, toddlers, preschool).

Room Tip: Swim up suites are great!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for your detailed review, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your experiences and found your comment very insightful. I'm very happy to know that you enjoyed all the features that we offer, from our Azulitos Kids Club to our selection of Gourmet, fine dining restaurants. I do agree the Azulitos is great for the kids and they are sure to have a great time in the safe hands of our qualified Nannies and kids club staff.

Thank you again for your wonderful feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

gm@azulbeachresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
Burlington, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was our second trip to the Azul Beach Resort and we were impressed once again with the welcome as soon as we arrived, the top class service throughout the property, which included the staff, beach butlers, restaurant staff, the chef at Blue, who came out to meet our family, the constant greeting "ola", the ambiance, the food. the candlelight dinner on the beach, the spa....I could go on and on.

Normally my husband and I would not go to an all inclusive beach resort because we like to be busy. However, my daughter and her family with two grandkids, have made this an annual tradition and we could not be happier for the choice of making Azul Beach our home away from home.

Last year we stayed in a suite, which was lavish and comfortable. This year we opted for the deluxe room and we were happy with it as well. The ground floor was what we had requested and the location was convenient for us to access and we were able to get to and from our family's suite easily.

The grounds and pools are kept clean and tidy. There were at least two weddings during the week that we spent at Azul Beach but there were no disruptions to take away from the rest of the guests enjoying their vacation and family time.

The restaurants and quality of food are exceptional. We tried all 4 restaurants and the service, choices, variety, quality and quantity were excellent at each and everyone of them. Each meal time was an experience and I must say the wait staff at Blue are very courteous and kind. They make everyone feel "special". The staff at Roma were excellent as well, especially the jovial Salvadore!!! The atmosphere at the pool bar is superb - any time of the day or night.

The spa at Azul Beach resort is what I looked forward to again this year. Last year my daughter had treated me to a massage and I was lucky to have found Wilbar. So this year when we booked the massage, I specifically asked for him and it was well worth flying down to Cancun just to get the treatment! Need I say any more?

We had one day of rain and cool, so we took the grandchildren to the kid's club. Even though it was a busy place, it was an enjoyable experience for the kids and everyone seemed to enjoy the toys and "stuff" and there was plenty of everything to go around, since the room was full of kids and parents.

The waters were warm and inviting. Unfortunately, we found that there were a lot of seaweed and trash coming on the beach, which was upsetting. However, that is not the fault of the hotel. There were a couple of days when the waters were really clear, but most times we had to fight the seaweeds and go further into the water, to enjoy wading/swimming.

In conclusion, I would like to add that we hope to make this an annual family tradition and we hope that the Resort continues to provide the same quality of service and ambiance that we have had the pleasure of enjoying these past two years.

Thank you to the Management and staff at Azul Beach Resort, especially Victor, whom we got to know well during our short stay there. He made sure that our Candlelight dinner was exceptional and it was. Our waiter, Hector was superb as well. He made our dinner experience very special. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
On behalf of us all at the Azul Beach Hotel, Thank you for your glowing review. Your comments are motivating as there is nothing more satisfing that to receive the praise of our valued guests. Great food , perfect location and superor service are just a little of what we offer at the Hotel.

Again, thank you for choosing the Azul Beach Hotel for this vacation and we hope to share many more in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We were two families travelling together with children ranging in 9 to 14. We actually allowed our children 5 children to go swimming in the swim up bar together. We felt very safe which was nice when we had a cabana and the kids wanted to go to the warm pool. Angel the barman was fantastic. We could even order food at the swim up bar. The kids made many friends there. On the beach you should call yourself lucky if Mateo is your waiter. He made your day on the beach. He was fast and remembered your name and your drink choices. At the tequila bar is where we found friends from all over the world. Wilbert was the barman there and was very knowledgeable of a course tequila but shots too. We looked forward to going there nightly because of wilbert too. His jellyshots and all his other drinks were awesome. Fernando the activity go to guy was entertaining and was a true gem to get to know. The restaurants were fantastic. We never had to wait more than ten minutes to get a seat which is outstanding for two families 8 in total and u don't have to make reservations. Most ppl we got to know at azul beach had been at this resort two to three times. Which says a lot. We can't wait to return. Next year we will be there for 2 weeks and we can't wait. Patenaude families!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review , I enjoyed reading your review and will be sure to share this with the Staff at the Azul Beach Hotel, it was a pleasure to read the details of your experiences. I'm glad that you found that the Hotel facilities and staff catered to your every request, enabling you to enjoy a relaxing family holiday.

Once again, we thank you for choosing the Azul Beach Hotel and I look forward to your next visit.

Mission, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Our stay at Azul Beach was wonderful! We were previewing the resort because we will be having our wedding at Azul Beach next year. (Brides - they have a "dress rehearsal promotion" for the bride and groom to visit for an extremely good rate, take advantage of it!) The staff were so polite and friendly, the restaurants were a good variety - Latino had the best food, everything was delicious. Also you have to try the ceviches! The bartenders made perfectly mixed drinks - we loved Octavio at the Bubbles swim-up bar, he was very friendly and had such a great attitude. The hotel was completely occupied, yet it felt so private and intimate you never would have guessed they were full, because they only have about 140 rooms. Only thing I didn't enjoy about the whole vacation was the amount of kids at the hotel. I knew it was family-friendly but there were A LOT of kids. However, the staff said this was the most children they had hosted in a long time. And there are several places that you can escape, such as the Tequila Bar :)

But we'll be back for our wedding next year! There was a wedding taking place while we were visiting and it went perfectly without a hitch, so we cannot wait to get married!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experiences of your recent stay, it was a pleasure to host your vacation. We do our best to provide all our guests with a unique vacation experience where famililes and couples like can enjoy superior quality and Gourmet Cuisine.

We are all thrilled to hear that you had such an amazing time at the Azul Beach Hotel and we will be waiting to welcome you next year for your wedding celebration.

Kind regards,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This hotel is amazing! The food is great! The kids club has a wonderful staff! It has a relaxing cool vibe, but is completely family friendly. If you have a chance, try the spa. It's wonderful. Management does everything to accommodate your every need and make you leave happy and relaxed!

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for wonderful review and kind word, It was a pleasure to read about your experiences.

I hope you will return to visit us again soon at the Azul Beach Hotel.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

The bad:

Occasional bad employee. Waiter didn't care that our order from breakfast took 45minutes, despite telling him in advance we had to leave in about 50 min. When it came, it was missing a major ingredient. Many made to order breakfasts and lunches took longer than expected. No exceptional or special deserts made except a ready made cheesecake that was prefrozen and is on the children's menu and ice-cream. There a few others at different restaurants but nothing to really wright home about. Sushi was not very good in my opinion but my wife thought it was good. Beef tenderloin tastes funny, it seems to be the quality of beef as my wife and I tried this multiple times. Was woken up at 3:30am by the sound of sawing outside my room. Concierge was very nice and promised to take care of it. It stopped for ten minutes then started again. Called the concierge again who said he would walk over to these people who were,I guess, apparently doing construction and tell them to stop. After this it didn't happen again. No lobster on the free menus. Very expensive for what you get. A lot of seaweed to trek through if you desire to swim in the ocean. Only one heated pool.

Pros:
Very friendly staff in general. The people taking care of the cabanas go out of there way for you especially Joan. Fernando the event planner was very nice. Nice rooms. Reasonable food, and you can order as much as you want off the menu. No need for reservations. Small and quaint. Good entertainment at night. Good kids activities and face painting. Very kid friendly.

Overall:
It was a good time an an overall nice experience. Just for the money and the star ratings, I would wish that the above issues were not present. One can go to the Beloved hotel for a similar price and I can see that they do not have much of these issues except that I think they do not have nightly entertainment. I hope this review helps.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. I truly appreciate your comments and have carefully read through your detailed feedback. Please accept my apologies for the inconsistencies in service experienced and I will be sure to address these areas with my management team.

I appreciate your honest opinons and this will assist us to ensure we maintain focused on providing only the very best to our guests.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We just finished our Wedding trip to Azul Beach Resort and we were very pleased with our Travel Agents recommendation. The entire staff at the hotel were amazing. From Paola, Omar and Mary, the wedding planners, to Paul and the wait staff. Very happy with the entire presentation of the resort.
Cannot say enough about the young kid accommodations. Being able to travel with a one year old and not have to worry about packing the strollers, bottle sanitizers, etc. Our child enjoyed herself in the spacious rooms more than we even did.
Only complaint would be the seaweed on the beach. We were told this was because of the previous weeks of poor weather. It did prevent swimming in the ocean for much of the trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your glowing feedback , it was truly a pleasure to host you and your family. Your comments will be shared with our employees, especially those mentioned. It is very special when a member of our staff is recognized for their efforts and I will ensure that this will not go unnoticed.

On behalf of the entire staff , we would like to thank you for choosing the Azul Beach hotel and we look forward to your next visit.

gm@azulbeachresort.com

Been to Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma? Share your experiences!