I am lucky enough to frequently stay at some of the best resorts throughout the Caribbean & Mexico as a travel concierge with Beach Bum Vacation. When it comes to amazing resorts for my family vacations with young kids, Azul Beach is hands down the BEST!
We first vacationed at Azul Beach when my son was 7 months old and cannot wait to take him back again with his little sister. I know it can be very nerve-wracking to travel with little ones but when you go to Azul Beach it is SO much easier & so relaxing!! They provide everything you need for the littlest guests -- strollers, Gerber baby food, bottle sterilizers, bottle warmers, baby monitors, cribs, pack n plays, baby bathtubs, etc. Plus there is a really fun Azulito's Kids Club with so many activities for the kids to enjoy and a Fisher Price toy lending program which allows you to borrow toys from the concierge lounges for the kids to play with in your room. If you are taking little kids, the resort does not supply tear free baby shampoo/body wash, sippy cups or bottles so you will want to bring your own if your child needs them.
Beyond the amenities that the resort offers for the little ones, the small size of the resort is perfect if you do not want to feel overwhelmed at a larger property. You can walk anywhere on property in under 5 minutes, very easy. All the rooms are quite close to the beach, so even if you do not have an oceanfront room, no worries because you will not be far from the ocean at all. The beach cabana beds are awesome for providing shade for the whole family and the perfect napping spot! Wait service at the beach was nice too since you could easily order drinks without having to move.
The staff was SO sweet & accommodating to us and our son and the waiters would great our little guy by name after we had been there a day or two. :) "Senor Jack" loved the attention and it was easy for us that they had high chairs, booster seats and toys in the restaurants.
Speaking of the restaurants, the food everywhere we ate was AMAZING!! The fresh ceviche at Chil was so good and we loved the little "energy bar" to stop by and grab a quick smoothie or snack. Pico de gallo and guacamole are SO fresh and yummy too. Dinner at Roma (Italian) & Tainan (Asian) was great and we were pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed Latino. We weren't really sure what to expect there but it turned out to be one of our favorites!
We stayed in a Swim Up Family Suite which was great for us (2 adults + baby). These rooms can accommodate up to 2 adults + 3 kids under 12. Personally, I think it would feel a little cramped if you had more than 2 kids and 2 adults. For larger families, I think they would feel more comfortable to have 2 separate Deluxe rooms (request adjoining).
If you are booking a Swim Up Family Suite, you might want to consider if you would like to request to have your suite close to the swim up bar or further away from it. Pros/cons to either option. For us, we were right by it and considering we had a "unique" sleeping schedule with a little one who, we probably would have been better being further away from it for less noise. Never caused a major issue but definitely something to keep in mind depending on if you want the convenience of being right by the bar or if you think it would be better for you to be somewhere that is going to be quiet.
I've helped many couples to plan their weddings at Azul Beach and each & every time, the guests and the couple come home raving about how awesome their experience was. I think the on-site wedding staff and overall management at Azul Beach are the BEST in Riviera Maya. They really take care of couples and make each wedding very special.
If you are looking for a resort with a LOT of activities & your kids are school age, you probably would be better off at Azul Sensatori vs. Azul Beach. Azul Beach is much better for the littler ones (babies, toddlers, preschool).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azul Beach Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique-style property located on a gorgeous beach 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport. All of the newly renovated 148 rooms are just steps from the beach, pools, restaurants and bars.Featuring the Gourmet Inclusive® concept, epicurean offerings include candlelight dining on the beach, a fresh fish fry and butler service to the canopied beach beds. There’s an all-lobster menu, 24-hour room service and over 30 tequilas in the tequila lounge.Azul Beach especially caters to families with young children with loaner baby equipment, kid's club and parent support. The exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner coordinates family reunions. Romantic couples love Beachfront Sky Massages and Suite Scenes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Resort All Inclusive Beach
- Azul Beach Resort
- Azul Hotel Beach Resort
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos