“Wedding preview” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma

Save Saved
You added Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma to your Saves list
Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal Cancun-Tulum Km. 27.5, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Up to 35% Off + Kids Free
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Puerto Morelos
Mission, Kansas
“Wedding preview”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Our stay at Azul Beach was wonderful! We were previewing the resort because we will be having our wedding at Azul Beach next year. (Brides - they have a "dress rehearsal promotion" for the bride and groom to visit for an extremely good rate, take advantage of it!) The staff were so polite and friendly, the restaurants were a good variety - Latino had the best food, everything was delicious. Also you have to try the ceviches! The bartenders made perfectly mixed drinks - we loved Octavio at the Bubbles swim-up bar, he was very friendly and had such a great attitude. The hotel was completely occupied, yet it felt so private and intimate you never would have guessed they were full, because they only have about 140 rooms. Only thing I didn't enjoy about the whole vacation was the amount of kids at the hotel. I knew it was family-friendly but there were A LOT of kids. However, the staff said this was the most children they had hosted in a long time. And there are several places that you can escape, such as the Tequila Bar :)

But we'll be back for our wedding next year! There was a wedding taking place while we were visiting and it went perfectly without a hitch, so we cannot wait to get married!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experiences of your recent stay, it was a pleasure to host your vacation. We do our best to provide all our guests with a unique vacation experience where famililes and couples like can enjoy superior quality and Gourmet Cuisine.

We are all thrilled to hear that you had such an amazing time at the Azul Beach Hotel and we will be waiting to welcome you next year for your wedding celebration.

Kind regards,

1,597 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This hotel is amazing! The food is great! The kids club has a wonderful staff! It has a relaxing cool vibe, but is completely family friendly. If you have a chance, try the spa. It's wonderful. Management does everything to accommodate your every need and make you leave happy and relaxed!

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for wonderful review and kind word, It was a pleasure to read about your experiences.

I hope you will return to visit us again soon at the Azul Beach Hotel.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

The bad:

Occasional bad employee. Waiter didn't care that our order from breakfast took 45minutes, despite telling him in advance we had to leave in about 50 min. When it came, it was missing a major ingredient. Many made to order breakfasts and lunches took longer than expected. No exceptional or special deserts made except a ready made cheesecake that was prefrozen and is on the children's menu and ice-cream. There a few others at different restaurants but nothing to really wright home about. Sushi was not very good in my opinion but my wife thought it was good. Beef tenderloin tastes funny, it seems to be the quality of beef as my wife and I tried this multiple times. Was woken up at 3:30am by the sound of sawing outside my room. Concierge was very nice and promised to take care of it. It stopped for ten minutes then started again. Called the concierge again who said he would walk over to these people who were,I guess, apparently doing construction and tell them to stop. After this it didn't happen again. No lobster on the free menus. Very expensive for what you get. A lot of seaweed to trek through if you desire to swim in the ocean. Only one heated pool.

Pros:
Very friendly staff in general. The people taking care of the cabanas go out of there way for you especially Joan. Fernando the event planner was very nice. Nice rooms. Reasonable food, and you can order as much as you want off the menu. No need for reservations. Small and quaint. Good entertainment at night. Good kids activities and face painting. Very kid friendly.

Overall:
It was a good time an an overall nice experience. Just for the money and the star ratings, I would wish that the above issues were not present. One can go to the Beloved hotel for a similar price and I can see that they do not have much of these issues except that I think they do not have nightly entertainment. I hope this review helps.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. I truly appreciate your comments and have carefully read through your detailed feedback. Please accept my apologies for the inconsistencies in service experienced and I will be sure to address these areas with my management team.

I appreciate your honest opinons and this will assist us to ensure we maintain focused on providing only the very best to our guests.

Once again, we thank you for choosing the Azul Beach Hotel and I look forward to your next visit.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We just finished our Wedding trip to Azul Beach Resort and we were very pleased with our Travel Agents recommendation. The entire staff at the hotel were amazing. From Paola, Omar and Mary, the wedding planners, to Paul and the wait staff. Very happy with the entire presentation of the resort.
Cannot say enough about the young kid accommodations. Being able to travel with a one year old and not have to worry about packing the strollers, bottle sanitizers, etc. Our child enjoyed herself in the spacious rooms more than we even did.
Only complaint would be the seaweed on the beach. We were told this was because of the previous weeks of poor weather. It did prevent swimming in the ocean for much of the trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your glowing feedback , it was truly a pleasure to host you and your family. Your comments will be shared with our employees, especially those mentioned. It is very special when a member of our staff is recognized for their efforts and I will ensure that this will not go unnoticed.

On behalf of the entire staff , we would like to thank you for choosing the Azul Beach hotel and we look forward to your next visit.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I recently stayed at Azul Beach and was very pleased with the hotel. The services were great and the staff was fantastic. I especially enjoyed the entertainment staff. My kids enjoyed the kids club very much. They have a huge assortment of fisher price toys which was a real bonus. The manager for entertainment, Jaime, was a real gem. He would play with my kids every day and they started following him everywhere. Gave me some time to actually enjoy and relax in the sun!
The food was also fantastic. I really enjoyed the various food selections.
The property was clean and well kept too. Beach and activities were lots of fun and the night shows were quite entertaining. I enjoyed the fire show the most! All in all I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful feedback ! it was an honor to your holiday. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed various experienced that are offered at the Azul Beach Hotel.

Thank you for recommending us with all Trip Advisor followers. We look forward to welcome you soon for another vacation!

Best regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We just visited Azul last week with our two daughters 5, and 6. We stayed in a swim up suite in building 11. It was wonderful, the pool is heated and attached directly to the Bubbles swim up bar. Angel, the bartender knew our drinks by day two and took excellent care of us, and made many non alcoholic beverages for our girls with out complaints. He was truly and Angel! The beach is very nice. Although we have stayed at other locations in Mexico with cleaner beaches, aka less sea weed, it is not the resorts fault seaweed washes ashore. They do a wonderful job of cleaning the beach. We loved watching the activities like volleyball,me staff got everyone so involved. Our girls also used the Azulitos facility and loved it. The woman that were in charge were kind and it was easy to leave our girls with them. They loved the puppet show, cookie making and water balloons. The Spa was LOVELY, just beautiful inside and the services were great! Our daughters enjoyed their princess experience! We only found one negative on the whole trip and that was the housekeeping did not come when we put the card in he door. In addition, turn down service came after 9pm and with two girls that swam all day, we were in bed and had to get up every night to tell them this. Overall a great vacation!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your excellent review of your recent stay. It is very special and there is no better reward than to hear about your wonderful experiences at the Azul Beach Hotel. Your praise for the staff, especially Angel, will be passed on to him as there is nothing better than receiving recognition from our guests.

We are all thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful time with your kids at the Azul Beach Hotel and hope to see you again very soon.

Best regards,

Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I suppose our bad experience was an anomaly, considering this place has rave reviews from so many others. I feel I should share our experience here since it wasn't the greatest. I expected to have an amazing time considering how much we paid but Azul Beach Hotel fell short on so many levels. I've decided to list the good and bad points. I travelled with my husband and 16 month old son. My husband and I stayed at El Dorado Royal 2 years ago and loved it, which is why we decided to come here.

GOOD POINTS
- The service staff were amazing. They went out of their way to please you.
- The resort is small, so good for small kids.
- The beach was immaculate, the water shallow, and no surf, so great for a toddler.
- The kids pool was nice, and there is a smaller warmer pool as well.
- The beach cabanas were a dream.

BAD POINTS
- Both my husband and I got sick from the food. My husband was worse than me. You'd think at a high end resort the food would be safe. We weren't the only guests that were sick either - we talked to at least 5 other people who had also gotten sick.
- We noticed some unclean food handling practices, like not washing hands, and licking fingers. Not cool.
- We were initially put in a room right next to the bar so none of us could sleep (especially my son). The first night we asked to be moved and were told "no". We asked 2 more times after that and had to beg to have a different room. We really had to fight with the front desk lady to get a different room, and I was pretty upset. We changed rooms on our 5th day there, after many difficult nights. You'd think they would accommodate a young family but they just didn't seem to want to.
- Since there are only 5 restaurants (only 1 for breakfast, 2 for lunch, and 4 for dinner) you run out of new things to eat pretty quickly.
- Housekeeping was slow. They didn't come at all sometimes. Once a woman walked into the room while my son was napping, even though we told them not to come in and left the do not disturb sign on the door.

It's unfortunate that our experience wasn't as amazing as so many others. We shared our bad experience with the front desk staff but they didn't really seem to care. I would have liked to be a returning guest for many years but just can't go back there.

Room Tip: Villa 5 is right by the bar. Villa 1 is quiet and right by the kids pool.