“Despite the small beach, nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma

You added Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma to your Saves list
Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal Cancun-Tulum Km. 27.5, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save Up to 30%
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
Boonies
“Despite the small beach, nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surpised by the cuisine, theattention given to the customers and the details in general. This is definitely a notch higher than the Cuban all inclusive. The beach is a bit small,though. Families with your children, be aware that there is a nude beach or hotel right next door.
Excellent food served in all restaurants but i was a bit de eived by the chinese cuisine, they definitely need a lot of improvement in this type of cusine, the sushis were ok, but the other restaurants were perfect.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experiences , it was pleasure to read your review. I have read through your comments and have noted all feedback. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience.

We hope to see you again very soon at the Azul Beach Hotel.

gm@azulbeachresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We travelled to Azul Beach Hotel for a wedding/vacation. It's a very nice resort with awesome spa. The spa is so relaxing and offers very nice services. We were there for my birthday as well and the staff prepared a birthday cake and had balloons waiting in our room when we returned for the evening. They are very attentive if you have a special occasion going on and very attentive with any food allergies. The food was average for a resort- some things were better than others and the restaurants were on he small side. Wish they had something other than a sandwich and smoothie stand for snacks during the day. We all wished they had something like an ice cream stand or something especially on the hot days. The food that we had at the wedding was really good - shrimp was delicious.

We stayed in a deluxe room and it was an average room, bathroom was small. Wish we stayed in the next step up and had a little bit more room. The other rooms are more modern than the deluxe rooms. We did have a nice view of the pools and beach from our room though, so that was nice to see every morning.

Overall the resort was nice, and good location from airport, only about 25 minutes away. They did lack a little in entertainment for adults in the evening. Only one night we were there they had music outside at the bar. But, we still had a good time catching up which friends and relaxing and enjoyed the warm weather :)

We booked our trip through Beach Bum Vacation and Marcie was our agent, Marcie@beachbumvacation.com. She was amazing, so informative and on top of everything especially when the weather was causing some complications traveling from NYC. I would definitely use here again to book any vacations. No problems at all with her!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are smaller and not as modern.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Many thanks for your review , I'm very hapy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to read the details of your experiences. A big thanks to Marcie from Beach Bum Vacation for reccommending us to you.

Again, thank you for choosing the Azul Beach Hotel for this vacation and we hope to share many more in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We loved Azul Beach. Our son recently got married there. We had 44 guests and all were treated very well. Several of our guest had food allergies. I have never been to a place that handle gluten free so well. We also had several children as part of the party. They also were well cared for. The property is beautiful and well cared for. The beach is beautiful. We especially enjoyed the swing bed cabanas. The service was wonderful. With this being an all inclusive there were 5 restaurants on property. The food was outstanding. The wedding was beautifully done. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review, it was an honor to host your son's wedding! Touching on your comments about the food, in this day and age , food allergies and intolerances are becoming common and we ensure that no matter the allergy or intolerance, all our guests have a great Gourmet Dining experiences.

Again many thanks and I hope to see you very soon at the Azul Beach Resort

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I enjoyed my stay the food was excellent. The beaches, resturant cleanliness , was excellent. I would go back for sure. The room service was very prompt and courteous . The staff was polite and very knowledgable.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for your brief review and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the Trip advisor community.

It was a pleasure to host your holiday at the Azul Beach Hotel and I hope that you will return again in the near future.

Scituate, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

The resort is lovely, spotlessly clean, the spa was amazing, the food GREAT, the beach was great for walking, staff was wonderful. Best family vacation, something for everyone. The kids club was a huge hit with the kids.

Room Tip: my only complaint is that the wall between the sleep area and bathroom is colored glass, so when I g...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your experiences of your recent family vacation. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your experiences.

We hope to see you again so we can provide you and your family with another wonderful Gourmet Inclusive vacation experience.

Torrington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We decided very last minute to go on vacation the day after Christmas thru New Years Eve. As flights were limited, we decided on Mexico. After reviewing several hotels, we decided on the Azul Beach Hotel and we are glad we did! This hotel exceeded our expectations. It was very easy to get around as it was on the smaller side. It was a series of several villas which were two stories high. All of the restaurants were fabulous! Even the kids enjoyed them! The resort was very clean as were the pools. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The Spa was amazing too! The only reason I did not give this hotel a 5 was because the ocean had quite a bit of seaweed which washed up on shore daily. The staff tried to rake it and haul it away, but there was so much they could not keep up with it. The waves were small and the water was warm. I would highly recommend the Azul Beach Resort.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your wonderful feedback ! it was an honor to your holiday. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed various experienced that are offered at the Azul Beach Hotel.

Thank you for recommending us with all Trip Advisor followers. We look forward to welcome you soon for another amazing vacation!

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I went there for a New Years family vacation. The rooms are really rustic, and the bathroom doesn't feel like welcoming to enjoy your bath (you just want to do it as quickly as possible)
There were bed bugs in my room, and since the very first day I started getting the bites (but I didn't even imagine it was that, I thought the first bites were jungle mosquitoes or something)
Until, one day I couln't stand it anymore, all my legs were hurt, I asked the hotel to call their doctor (they charged me for the consult) and the hotels doctor lied and said it was like a jelly fish. I believe he said that to avoid us getting mad at the hotel while we were there.
I sent a photo with my cell phone to a Dr in L.A. and he said that by the pictures he would think they were bed bugs, since they always bite in 3. The minute I got back home, the second I was in a dermatologists appointment. He confirmed they were bed bug bites, and I has to take and apply cortizone for more than 2 weeks.
My husband wrote to the hotel, we sent them pictures, detailed everything, all the expenses we had to do because of this (around $500 USD)...and the only response we got back from them was "we are sorry you experienced that with us, and we will consider changing the hotel's beds"
They didn't take responsability and pay for the money we spent on taking care and healing me, or at the very least invite us to any of their chain hotels for a complimentary stay or whatever.

I have attached some pictures of how my lega started to look (you can see my feet are standing in the hotel's room floor, and the last picture was when I got home... which is why the bed a cover is different.)

It has been the worst experience of my life. The feeling of those bites is the worst, I really did not enjoy my stay at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear pilivds

we appreciate your comments from your stay in February 2013 , over 11 months ago however we are truly very surprised by your review. I can assure you that the Azul Beach Hotel hotel does not have bed bugs and we have the relevant confirmation from an external , specialist company. we have a process in place to ensure that our hotel stays bed bug free as well as ensuring the safety and wellbeing of each and every guest. We have a full fumigation program within the hotel and we have regular inspections . I'm truly very sorry that you experienced a number of insect bites however I can assure you that these are not a result of bed bugs in our hotel.

if you would like to contact me personally , please feel free to communicate with me at the email below or with our Head of Customer service , customerservices@karismamexico.com

Best Regards

gm@azulbeachhotel.com

Been to Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma? Share your experiences!