We usually do not return to the same place twice because there are just so many places in the world we have yet to visit, but we would definitely stay here again when the timing is right. If you have small children and want to go some place to relax without a care in the world, then this place is for you! The hotel is located just a 20 minutes' drive from the airport, so you can have your sand in the toes without too much wait!
My husband and I, along with our then 12-month old daughter, stayed here in January 2013. Check in took a bit longer than expected (at 5:30 pm I think) but they made it up to us by letting us keep our room for a few extra hours on our last day, which was nice because it allowed our daughter to have a place to nap. Relaxing on the swinging bed with champagne (and a smoothie for our daughter) was not a bad place to start our vacation.
We had a swim up room near the back of the hotel, which was good and bad for different reasons. Bad that there was no ocean view (we'd have to pay more for that) but good in that our pool was attached to the swim up bar AND was nicely heated. Swim up room = being able to jump off our balcony into the pool + sunbathe + enjoy adult drinks while our daughter took her 2 hour naps in the room. Loved it!
The property is small so we can get to the beach in a couple of minutes. The cabanas were awesome. You have to enter a lottery to enjoy one for the day, but we were able to get it on 2 separate days out of our 7 day trip. I think one time it was because another guest left their cabana early, so keep your eyes open for this and confirm with the hotel staff if you can take over the cabana.
The food was pretty good, and the service was great as well. It made dining with a baby in tow a breeze.
We used the play room every day so we didn't feel too guilty about spending most of the day engrossed in our books and adult drinks. Our daughter loved playing there.
I think my only complaint is that the room itself did not quite meet our expectations--our TA sold it to us as a one bedroom but it really isn't. All it had was sliding doors to enclose a space within the room, but you can still hear sounds, so we really couldn't spent much time in the room while our daughter was sleeping for fear of waking her (we used a baby monitor). The bathroom is also separated from the sleeping space with a partition that allowed light + sound to get in....that means no showering while baby is sleeping and lights turned down as dim as possible. I would have preferred a wide open room with a completely enclosed bathroom over a room broken up into a hallway and the semi-enclosed sleeping area. I guess that was more our TA's fault though for making up expect a true one bedroom suite when it was far from it. Oh-and the A/C unit right over our bed was difficult to control; it would get too cold then too warm, making our sleep quality at night variable.
Overall I highly recommend this place and am already dreaming about going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azul Beach Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique-style property located on a gorgeous beach 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport. All of the newly renovated 148 rooms are just steps from the beach, pools, restaurants and bars.Featuring the Gourmet Inclusive® concept, epicurean offerings include candlelight dining on the beach, a fresh fish fry and butler service to the canopied beach beds. There’s an all-lobster menu, 24-hour room service and over 30 tequilas in the tequila lounge.Azul Beach especially caters to families with young children with loaner baby equipment, kid's club and parent support. The exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner coordinates family reunions. Romantic couples love Beachfront Sky Massages and Suite Scenes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelsClick, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Resort All Inclusive Beach
- Azul Beach Resort
- Azul Hotel Beach Resort
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos