“Best family vacation ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma

You added Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma to your Saves list
Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal Cancun-Tulum Km. 27.5, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save Up to 30%
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Best family vacation ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Let me start by saying that this was our first trip to Mexico, and we were not disappointed! The flight down through sunwing airlines was great. I was hesitant after reading so many bad reviews but we left on time and arrived early! The same can be said for the trip back. They had a van waiting for us at the airport to take us to our resort. We were pleasantly surprised by how efficiently everything is run. The resort was amazing! On arrival we were seated and given welcome drinks. Chocolate shake for our daughter, champagne for us. We got to pick our pillows and the scent we wanted in our room. They showed us 3 different rooms, (to sell their upgrades) which was ok with us as we ended up upgrading to a room with an ocean view. Absolutely worth it! The food was fabulous and we loved how they catered to our daughter. The beach was wonderful as were the cabanas that line the beaches. Everyone is so attentive to the little details. I spent an afternoon in the spa while my husband watched our daughter and the spa did not disappoint! The massage was wonderful and the overall atmosphere was great! There are 6 different restaurants to choose from and each one was great! The food is really top quality and I love how you can order anything for the kids and they will accommodate you. I'm not a drinker and I would always ask for a fruity drink, surprise me, and they always did! I definitely recommend the virgin sangria at latino restaurant! As well as their lemonade. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. The rooms were great. Clean and spacious, the bathroom was awesome! I have to especially thank Alonso and Paulo who welcomed us when we arrived, showed us our rooms and made sure we were comfortable throughout our stay. Sergio our personal concierge who helped us plan our trip into playa del carmen, and all the other staff from housekeeping to the beach butlers and the spa personnel. We will definitely be coming back next year!
Some tips: Aim for rooms in the premier section as they are the recently updated ones and really lovely.
Keep an eye out for activities. We got to watch an amazing fire show, they had two nights where they had movies for kids in the theatre with dinner. My daughter loved it
Azulitos kids club is definitely recommended if your kids are above 4 years. It will give you the chance to have some adult time while they play. Its set up with tons of toys, a trampoline, slide etc.
Every few nights they have vendors who come in and sell souvenirs, wonderful if you dont want to leave the resort!
Try the spa! it's worth it!
Make sure you book your cabana a day in advance, worth it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback ! it was an honor to your holiday. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed various experienced that are offered at the Azul Beach Hotel.

Thank you again and I look forward to your return.

gm@azulbeachresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My stay at Azul Beach Resort was amazing! The resort was beautiful and accomodating. We stayed in a Junior Jacuzzi suite which included a surround sound system, an oversized jacuzzi, beautifully tiled bathroom, cable tv with HBO and a spacious deck with modern outdoor seating. Very impressive. The resorts was romantic and and exceptionally clean. We had the pleasure of a private beach bed every single day of our 8 day stay. It was so relaxing to lie on the beach for hours each day the ran allowed. My favorite restaurants were Blue, Roma and Tainan! The food was delicious! On Friday, the resort hosted lunch on the beach which included grilled fish, fried fish, beef and many exotic veggies and fruits with white linen tables, amazing! The highlight of our stay was dinner on the beach! It was so romantic to have dinner on the shore with blue lighting inside a converted, candle light beach cabana decorated in white linen. The lobster tail and beef tenderloin were the absolute "best"!

The staff were all professional! Special thanks to Ismel and Israel for responding to all our needs at the front desk, Oliver for ensuring we were aware of all the perks, John at pretige for a stress free presentation, Ana and Irma for the wonderful massages! The Spa was beautifully decorated and relaxing. Armando and Mateo were the best beach butlers ever! My glass was never empty and Armando taught us so much about the Mexican culture! Thanks to Elizabeth and Maria for being excellent host at Roma and Blue. Blue had the best breakfast! Loved the omelets and smoked salmon every morning. Thanks also to Wilber for providing a variety of drinks at Aquanox! Had a blast! Loved trying all the tequila! Special thanks to Juan Jose and Victor at Roma! Their service was impectable, especially Victor who found and returned my lost credit card. Last but not least, VERY SPECIAL thanks to Eric and Alejandro(Alexander) for providing awesome service during our dinner on the beach. You guys were awesome as well. Overall, my stay was fabulous. My only recommendation is a variety of music and more of it, a night club and the ability to purchase alcohol in the gift shop if you'd like to have some for your room. Azul Beach is one of the best resorts for romance and relaxation without a doubt! Thanks for making my 11th Wedding Anniversay memorable! Oh and did I mention the rose petal drown bath with dove towels when we returned from dinner... I could go on and on.. very nice resort. A sincere thanks from Corey and Ta'Shonie Bryant :).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Many thanks for your review and i'm very happy to know that we, here at the Azul Beach Hotel, we able to provide you with an excellent vacation experience. I have passed your comments to all staff , especially the employees mentioned as there is nothing better than to be acknowlegded by one of our valued guests. Your praise will definately encourage and motivate our staff .

It was a true pleasure to be your hosts of this holiday and we all hope that you will not leave it too long before you chose to visit us again

gm@azulbeachresort.com.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I got married at Azul Beach on August 31st and I don't even know where to start...I would not have gotten married anywhere else.

From the second we entered the resort everyone there knew we were getting married and made us feel like royalty...anything we wanted was available to us and there were constantly people asking how our room was, our service was etc. I've never felt so important :) Every event we planned for our wedding went off without a hitch...I could not have asked for better wedding planners (thank you Paola and Lucy!!). We had a cocktail hour, a beach bonfire and most importantly our wedding, cocktail hour and reception. I didn't have to worry about a thing...it was all taken care of before I could remember to think about it. Alonso the resort manager was one of the nicest and most wonderful people I have come across when staying anywhere...he did everything possible to keep my guests happy and was so flexible with everything I asked for. My now father in law was calling him Al by the end of day 1 :) I wish I could hire Alonso to manage my daily life.

I had the wedding of my dreams, in the location of my dreams and none of it would have been possible without the wonderful people who work at Azul. And on top of that the food was phenomenal...the best I've had at any all inclusive and travel quite a bit.

I will also mention that although this is a family friendly resort, and we brought kids ourselves, the resort is set up in such a way that you don't feel like there are kids running everywhere. The resort does such a good job of having kid friendly activities that it is equally fun for children and relaxing for adults.

I cannot find one bad thing to say about Azul Beach and will definitely be back...hopefully for our 1 year anniversary!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Firstly , on behalf of all staff at the Azul Beach Resort we would like take this opportunity to offer our Congratulations to you both , your wedding events were truly amazing and very memorable.

It was a great honor to be chosen as the host of such a important occasion in your lives and we hope that you will return time and time again to relive the wonderful memories we created together.

Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.

washington dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel is on the low end (less than $500 per night for a family of four) of the very high end all inclusive options ( over $800 per night for a family of four ) along the Riviera Maya. That said it is a beautiful property with amazing staff and excellent food. You cannot go wrong with this hotel.
1) The rooms are spacious, spotless and gorgeous.
2) The staff is AMAZING. They are on top of every detail and extremely friendly.
3) The property is beautifully appointed and very well kept.
4) Kids are VERY welcome here. If you looking for a safe, fun place for kids of all ages, this is it. The staff and services are designed with families in mind: a great kids club, perfect family friendly nighttime shows, 24-hour room service, and booster seats in every restaurant.
5) The food and beverage services were surprisingly good. We ate at all of the options, some more than others and were not disappointed. The food at the main restaurant, Blue, was perfect every time.
6) The bar options were awesome. Not only were there several main bars on the property but there is also an adults only Tequila Bar! Here the staff exceeded expectations.
7) The spa and gym were GREAT. The spa staff were great and again, very kid friendly. Yes the gym is small but it is brand new and hardly used.

And a note to visitors- don't forget to tip your staff. They are working incredibly hard to make your vacation perfect. A few pesos in acknowledgment are greatly appreciated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experiences of your recent stay , it was a pleasure to host your family vacation.

It was a pleasure to host you holiday and we look forward to your next visit.

Best Regard

Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
- this place is good for families with children and even very young ones. (Nearly 40% of guests had kids)
- very nice kids club
- the rooms were spacious and nice
- the grounds were well kept
- loved the Cabanas!
- Anna, Ramon, and Israel truly were the best staff members...they were awesome!

Cons:
- Customer service is not quite where it needs to be. Not many genuinely wanted to help.
- it was hard getting things like straws while at the beach area. The waiters even questioned why I needed a straw for my frozen drink.
- the staff wasn't flexible or accommodating at all...
- some staff members couldn't speak English and made communication difficult.
- One of the things that was so strange is that we kept asking for warm milk for our child and they would always bring extremely hot milk.
- a lot of seaweed at the beach.
Overall it was a nice place but we wouldn't go back. They really need to fine tune on their customer service.

• Stayed September 2013
KarismaHotelsResorts, Manager at Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for your review of your stay at the Azul Beach Hotel , your comments were well received and we can assure you that they were used to make improvements to the experience we provide.

we are truly very sorry that there were aspects of your stay that fell below expectations

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My partner and I enjoyed a 10 night stay in August.
Having travelled extensively in the Caribbean and Worldwide, this is the best hotel we have stayed in.
Hotel
The hotel is spotless, could not find any rubbish, anything unclean or out of place, they take great pride in this. Staff are fantastic and well trained.

Reception - We were we met by the porter who took our cases and we sat down and were given a cold towel and glass of champagne. We were the given all the information about the resort. During this process you are given the choice of pillows and what fragrance you want your bed lined and room to have.
There is a computer room in reception, where there are 2 PC’s, which are free, the hotel does charge for Wi-Fi, so use these.
The Concierge can be found next to reception and they are always helpful.

Room - We were in block Villa 4, Room 410. Great room, very spacious and good amenities in the room, DVD player, Flat screen TV, Iron, Mini Bar (Beer, Soft drinks and 6 Bottles of water), and toiletries. We had a fantastic view, open the blinds to look out over the ocean, so a big thanks to concierge (Lenin) for picking us this room. Cleaned daily to a high standard and a turn down service on a night, were sweets were left, covers turned down and the room sprayed with the fragrance you choose.

Restaurants – All we can say is excellent.
Breakfast is taken in the Blue, which is a buffet and a choice from a menu. Great choice of food. There is a special children’s part, which can only be described as amazing, they have put some real thought into this and the children love it.
Lunch – You have the choice of the Blue or Chil restaurant, both are of a menu, great choice and great quality.
There is always the choice of the sandwich bar , which does Panini’s, wraps, sandwiches, popcorn, coffees, milk shakes, smoothies, open all day and same again, great choice and good quality.
Evening meals, you have the choice of 5 Al a Carte restaurants which you do not have to book, just turn up, we never had to wait, as follows
Roma – Great selection of Italian food.
Tainan – Great selection of Asian food and it has a great Sushi bar
Chil – Good selection of Salads, grills, wraps
Blue – Great for steaks, meats and fish.
Latino – Our favourite, fantastic food, tried meals we usually wouldn’t order but found everything to be tasty.
All food is served up as you would expect in an Al a carte restaurant at home. Service in all is excellent but a special mention for Arianna, who we believe gave exceptional service and always with a smile on her face,
Lastly, if you are still hungry or cannot be bothered to go out, there is a free 24 hour room service menu.

Bars
There are 2 bars, the pool bar and the Tequila bar. The pool bar is open all day and night and whatever your drink is they will have it, every brand you can think of, so you will never go dry. You have waiter service all day, so a special thanks to Mateo, who always made sure you had a drink, he must walk 20 miles a day, looking after everyone.
The Tequila Bar is open on an evening, great atmosphere and it does have a frozen bar top. We spent some great nights in here, the first, Wilbert gave us a Tequila tasting session, which was excellent, and his knowledge and passion is fantastic. We also had a great night with Javier, this man is so funny, and he had us in stitches. The last night in here, we had Wilbert making us cocktails, we picked a spirit and he made us cocktail, if you get the chance ask for a coconut martini, amazing and his signature drink is the Jelly fish, this has to be seen then tasted.

Pool – Numerous pools, all clean and well maintained. Always sun beds available.

Beach – Not the best beach you will see in the Caribbean, but they make great efforts to ensure it is always clean. There are Cabanas on the beach, you need to book the day before, and these are great. As with the pool, always loungers available.

Entertainment – The 2 guys had activities going on during the day and there is show on every night, either in the theatre, pool bar or beach.

Lastly, we would go back to this hotel tomorrow and highly recommend it to everybody, we hope to return in the future, possibly on our honeymoon.
The staff, service, amenities, food, rooms are definitely 5 star.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed review, I thoroughly enjoying reading your feedback and i'm happy you had a great vacation at the Azul Beach Hotel. Great food , perfect location and superior service are just a little of what we offer at the Hotel.

Once again , many thanks for this great review and I hope to see you again soon at the Azul Beach Hotel.

San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at the Azul Beach Resort in the beginning of August. It was absolute paradise! We can't wait to go back. We had a group of 9 adults and 8 children. We stayed in the Villa Carola. The villa is beautiful and comfortable. Like a home away from home. It is pricey, but worth every penny. There was plenty of room for all of us and with 8 children 8 and younger we needed, cribs, high chairs, monitors, strollers, changing table, etc and they had it all! Out of all of our travelers we had people with Celiac (gluten), strawberry allergy, oyster sauce allergy, pecan allergy and one with sensitivity to spice and onions. We ate some of the best food of our lives!! I hope the word gets out to the Celiac community that this resort knows what they're doing with gluten and cross contamination. The incredible chef staff met with us for our meals to discuss what my husband with Celiac would like to eat on the menu and if any changes would need to be made. The resort in incredibly family friendly, but for as many families that are there it was really peaceful and quiet.

This resort is one of a kind. We were in heaven the whole week we were there. We snorkeled right off the beach and saw conch and octopus. Some people paid to go out the reef and there was great snorkeling there. Part of our group went fishing and although some of them got seasick they caught 2 fish and the chefs at the resort cooked them for us...delish! Part of the group when on a tour to Tulum and loved it. We went kayaking which was also fun, it's a small area sectioned off for kayaking.

Every single employee we met went out of their way to ensure we had a wonderful experience. Every request we made, some simple and some not so simple were met with, "it would be my pleasure". An example of the incredible staff, on the day we arrived we were eating at the table in the villa and my 18 month old was sitting in a chair, he fell off and hit his head hard. I picked him up and was comforting him as he was very upset and in less than 1 minute a medic was there. He said ma'am I heard your son fell, is he ok, may I help? I was shocked. I have no idea how they got word to a medic and how he got there so fast. My son was just fine, a normal 18 month old fall, but that's the kind of service that is given there. Right after that there was a high chair waiting for his next meal.

There is so much to do at the resort. The night fire show was really cool. The women at Azulitos play house were so wonderful. They quickly learned our children's names and treated them so warmly. They planned really fun activities for the children and families all through the day. A couple of times we were late to things and they helped our children complete the really fun crafts they had planned anyway. Azulitos is a great place for just the kids or the whole family to spend time running around in doors. The spa was great. Wonderful services and they always worked us in if we decided to go last minute. I highly recommend going early for your service so you can do the hydrotherapy.

We painted pottery on the beach that they take home and fire in the kiln and bring it back to you. There was a cost involved but it was such a special keepsake for the children to bring back.

At the villa we had a personal Majordomo, Hans. Hans was unbelievable. He is such a wonderful hardworking man. Within the first few minutes of showing us around the villa when we arrived my 18 month old reached out to him and he carried him around throughout the tour. Every request we made, ice cream every night, popcorn, more pillows, more roll away beds, room service, can we learn how to make the incredible lemonade and virgin sangria they serve (they had a bartender come to the villa for a private demo!), can we have more snacks for the kids, can we get Dr. Pepper (they found it for us outside the resort and had it brought in), our noisemaker for the children isn't working (the maintenance crew fixed it for us), bug spray, sun screen, a special appetizer and cake celebration for my mother in laws birthday (they made an incredible cake and set up big chaffing dishes with all kinds of appetizers, all gluten free), bags of laundry, setting up all of our dining arrangements whether we wanted to go out or have room service or food from one of the restaurants brought in. I could go on and on about what a great majordomo Hans is. By the end of the week he felt like a member of the family. He has a staff at the villa such as security, maids, maintenance etc. They were all wonderful. Longino the day time security was so kind and helpful. Always helping us with strollers and children. He always greeted us so warmly as we came and went from the villa. On our last day we all gave him big hugs, such a great guy. Celia was our maid for the week. Such a wonderful woman. She made beautiful towel decorations for us every day. She was so sweet with the little kids when they wanted to "help".

On to the food. Wow!! The kids loved the breakfast buffet at blue. I loved trying the omelet bar and the local favorites on the buffet and menu every day. As we would walk back from the buffet someone was always offering to help us with our plates, especially the children. One morning one of my children dropped a ceramic plate and it broke. I jumped up the clean it up and before I could there were 4 employees there saying very kindly, please let us clean it up. I highly recommend anything with the ranchero sauce on it, it's SO good, and gluten free!

Blue and Chill are open for lunch. Blue was good, but we had a few waiting issues which were difficult, but one particularly long wait they just brought the food back to the villa for us. Chill was very good. I loved the shrimp ceviche and the salsa.

All the restaurants were so delicious for dinner. Some of the best food we have ever eaten! Our favorites were Roma and Latin. The appetizers at Latin and the sangria (we don't drink so we had virgin) were so delicious. The Mexican Steak at Latin was unbelievable. The appetizers at Roma were great. The saffron risotto was SO good. We wished we could stay longer than a week so we could go to all the dinner restaurants again. I wish they were all open for lunch but I know that would be a lot of work for them. We were worried about eating out with 8 children every night but the restaurant staff is so helpful at all the restaurants. They had boosters and toys for the children. They have a kids menu that the kids loved and they would bring the kids food out quickly which was so helpful. They have food set up on the beach sometimes during the week. One day we enjoyed the BBQ they do on the beach, it was incredible food. We loved the ceviche and cochinita pibil.

We had the pleasure of working with and meeting Chef Daniella. She worked with us for most of my husbands meals to ensure everything he ate was gluten free with no cross contamination. We had the wonderful opportunity of having Chef Daniella and Chef Gerardo come to the villa and teach us how to make traditional Yucatan tamales cooked in banana leaves. It was an experience we will not forget. It was so much fun and educational. When we got home I made the tamales we learned to make and the lemonade and sangria we learned for our extended family and everyone loved it! They will be a new tradition for our family. For those that know how scary it can be eating out, especially eating out away from home when you have Celiac you will appreciate how well Chef Daniella does her job and how kind and welcoming she is.

My husband secretly asked the Executive Chef Stephen and Chef Daniella to make he and I a special dinner on the beach on our last night there. He said they could serve anything they want as we love all kinds of food. This was a meal we will never forget. The atmosphere was so beautiful and romantic, the food was out of this world. It was like being on Top Chef! Course after course we ran out of words to say how delicious it was. I can't thank them enough for making it such an unforgettable experience.

In the past month since we came home from the resort we keep talking about when we can go back! Was everything perfect? No, we had a couple of utility issues at the villa when we got there, life is not perfect. Everything was fixed and more than made up for an inconvenience we experienced.

If you want to have an unforgettable family vacation in a place where everyone is working for you to have the best time possible, then go to the Azul Beach Resort, and if possible, the Villa Carola!!

Room Tip: The Villa Carola is pricey, but it was worth every penny for a large group.