Let me start by saying that this was our first trip to Mexico, and we were not disappointed! The flight down through sunwing airlines was great. I was hesitant after reading so many bad reviews but we left on time and arrived early! The same can be said for the trip back. They had a van waiting for us at the airport to take us to our resort. We were pleasantly surprised by how efficiently everything is run. The resort was amazing! On arrival we were seated and given welcome drinks. Chocolate shake for our daughter, champagne for us. We got to pick our pillows and the scent we wanted in our room. They showed us 3 different rooms, (to sell their upgrades) which was ok with us as we ended up upgrading to a room with an ocean view. Absolutely worth it! The food was fabulous and we loved how they catered to our daughter. The beach was wonderful as were the cabanas that line the beaches. Everyone is so attentive to the little details. I spent an afternoon in the spa while my husband watched our daughter and the spa did not disappoint! The massage was wonderful and the overall atmosphere was great! There are 6 different restaurants to choose from and each one was great! The food is really top quality and I love how you can order anything for the kids and they will accommodate you. I'm not a drinker and I would always ask for a fruity drink, surprise me, and they always did! I definitely recommend the virgin sangria at latino restaurant! As well as their lemonade. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. The rooms were great. Clean and spacious, the bathroom was awesome! I have to especially thank Alonso and Paulo who welcomed us when we arrived, showed us our rooms and made sure we were comfortable throughout our stay. Sergio our personal concierge who helped us plan our trip into playa del carmen, and all the other staff from housekeeping to the beach butlers and the spa personnel. We will definitely be coming back next year!
Some tips: Aim for rooms in the premier section as they are the recently updated ones and really lovely.
Keep an eye out for activities. We got to watch an amazing fire show, they had two nights where they had movies for kids in the theatre with dinner. My daughter loved it
Azulitos kids club is definitely recommended if your kids are above 4 years. It will give you the chance to have some adult time while they play. Its set up with tons of toys, a trampoline, slide etc.
Every few nights they have vendors who come in and sell souvenirs, wonderful if you dont want to leave the resort!
Try the spa! it's worth it!
Make sure you book your cabana a day in advance, worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azul Beach Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique-style property located on a gorgeous beach 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport. All of the newly renovated 148 rooms are just steps from the beach, pools, restaurants and bars.Featuring the Gourmet Inclusive® concept, epicurean offerings include candlelight dining on the beach, a fresh fish fry and butler service to the canopied beach beds. There’s an all-lobster menu, 24-hour room service and over 30 tequilas in the tequila lounge.Azul Beach especially caters to families with young children with loaner baby equipment, kid's club and parent support. The exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner coordinates family reunions. Romantic couples love Beachfront Sky Massages and Suite Scenes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Resort All Inclusive Beach
- Azul Beach Resort
- Azul Hotel Beach Resort
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos