“Perfect Wedding Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma

Save Saved
You added Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma to your Saves list
Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal Cancun-Tulum Km. 27.5, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Up to 35% Off + Kids Free
Ranked #4 of 23 hotels in Puerto Morelos
Prescott
“Perfect Wedding Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We just had our wedding at Azul Villa Carola which is on the property of Azul Beach Hotel. Some of our guests stayed in the villa while the rest of our family and friends stayed in Azul Beach Hotel. We had a welcome party, wedding ceremony, and wedding reception at the villa. The entire experience surpassed our very high expectations and the expectations of our guests. The wedding coordinators-Miroslava, Paola, and Jen were very helpful and easy to work with especially given that we had so many unique details. The villa is absolutely gorgeous! On-line pictures do not do it justice. Our butler, Hans, provided excellent service and not only was attentive to the guests staying in the villa however attended to the needs of all 42 guests who were staying between the hotel and villa. The staff at our events and also the staff working at the hotel bars, restaurants, spa, and grounds were very friendly and gracious. The food was of very high quality and definitely within gourmet standards. This resort does not feel like an all-inclusive resort at all. It is a wonderful resort for couples, friends, and families. The white sand and blue water is beautiful and I believe some of the best beach area in the Riviera Maya. I highly recommend this resort for a destination wedding. We plan on returning next year to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. Many of our wedding guests plan on returning with their own families and friends as well. This resort is 5 star all of the way. Thank you for such a wonderful experience for my husband and I and our family and friends. A special thanks to Hans for such excellent service!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1,654 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We just got back from our family vacation at Azul Beach!!! So many wonderful things to say about this place. Even though we only had 4 sunny days out of the seven because of the tropical storm passing through it was still the best family vacation we have taken! We have stayed at a couple other resorts in Puerto Morelos but this by far had the best beach, service, food and most attentive/hard working staff! We had a family swim out suite in building 10! Room 1002. A few people have commented before about the smell down the hallway of sewage but what it is is sulpher that they use to treat the water so it didn't bother us! The room was perfect for our family and when we called the front desk for a stroller and crib they were back with it all in less then 5 min!
The staff was so friendly, they said "my pleasure" to everything an all seemed to really enjoy their jobs! I can't say enough about Ana, Benjamin, and one other that worked as a beach server. They always made sure we were well taken care of! The food was great! Our favorite was the Latino and Asian, then Chill, Blue and Roma last. We were really excited to try the lobster menu at Blue but were disappointed in that (and that was our only disappointment) It was our anniversary so we did get the dinner on the beach which was so great!!! We upgraded to a surf and turf and it was amazing!! Very romantic night!
The resort was only 50% full and we felt like we were the only people there! Never hade to wait in line for dinner, to find a spot on the beach which is so much better then going to a 400 room resort! The shows they put on at night were great too I just wished more people showed up to see them! We saw the Madonna show, Michael Jackson, and African King which were all outstanding! The staff and dancers do an amazing job!
As I said it rain and sometimes down poured during our last 4 days. We never felt bored, always had a drink in our hand, a good conversation with staff and other families visiting and a bunch of indoor activities to keep everyone busy! The main GM from the resort (came from Germany and forgot his name) was there and asked my husband how our trip was. After my husband told him how great this place was we had a bottle of champagne sent to our room from him for us to enjoy! Like I said before this place is great!!! We will for sure be returning!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I have traveled quite often before we had a baby. We went to mostly All-Inclusive Resorts in the Dominican Republic, took cruises around the Caribbean and Europe. We've also visited Greece, Las Vegas and parts of California.

I've always used TripAdvisor to search out resorts and hotels and by far, they've proven to be accurate reviews that has helped us in our travels. That being said, we recently had a baby and wanted to get away once again, but we were very nervous and wanted a place that would cater to our baby's needs and security.

I first came across Azul Beach Resort by Karisma, located at Puerto Morelos, just 20 mins away from Cancun airport, from Today's Parent's magazine. As I read the article, it caught my attention because they said this resort caters to families, especially with little children and babies. I did a thorough research on this resort for 3 months, reading all the reviews at TripAdvisor and even contacting some of the previous guests. They all confirmed that this was the best resort for our family to spend our vacation. So, finally, I booked a Fisher Price Family Suite for my husband, myself and our 10 month old baby boy.

To make the long story short, all my expectations (and I had many expectations) were met in every way! We had the most amazing and relaxing time ever!

The food was amazing (and we're Toronto foodies, so we know good food), with Latino as our fave resto for dinner and Blue as our fave resto for lunch.

Our room was spacious and clean. We were actually upgraded to a swim-up family suite when we got there and my husband really loved the convenience of having the pool right there whenever he felt like swimming.

The beach had nice little wave, so our little guy was able to dip in it and had so much fun! There was always a beach cabana available for us everyday (my husband had to reserve it the day before, but no line-up).

Room service was quick and efficient. We ordered breakfast during some days of our stay and it was en par with the quality of food at the Blue restaurant. Our room was always cleaned once a day.

We had everything prepared in our room for us for our baby when we got there. Crib, strollers, baby tub, changing table, etc...so, all we had to bring were his clothes, diapers and personal cutlery. It was such a hassle-free travel coz we didn't have to bring extra luggage for the baby.

The Spa facility is new and the massage therapist were excellent!

All that being said, we highly recommend this resort to all the couples who have babies and young children. All the staff are attentive to your every need. Our baby ate fresh fruits and grilled fish when were there, since he doesn't eat Gerber baby foods (available at La Mancha).

We would like to thank Mr. Peter Hechler and all his staff for his wonderful job in keeping this hotel live up to it's reputation. A special thanks also to Ana (our concierge), Jorge (from Latino), Ruben (from Blue..the only person who made our baby smile while we were there), Joan (the beach butler who helped us with all our cabana requests), Adalberto (our waiter during the romantic dinner by the beach), Leticia (hostess from Latino who entertained our baby while we ate dinner), David (also from Latino), Paulo (bell boy who was very polite and helpful with our luggage) and Ernesto (who's the right hand of Mr Hechler, making sure that we are having a wonderful vacation)!

Just to give all the info though, I would like to mention some negative aspect of our stay. There is a bit of seaweed on the beach, but very minimal as they do a great job of cleaning it. There are little ants in our room, but it did not bother us. There are mosquitoes around, so bring a repellant and a net for the baby's crib. On our last day, our beverage supply in our room was not replenished. We informed our concierge and told her about not having any bottled water and she said she'll call room service for us. We waited for an hour, but nothing came so, we called room service ourselves and they said they would bring it to our room, but half an hour later, nothing came. So, I called again, a bit upset this time coz we really needed water, and then, it finally came. But that incident did not spoil our wonderful vacation!

We would definitely be back again in the future!

Room Tip: We had the swim-up Fisher Price Family Suite. It was good choice if you like swimming in the pool w...
Kelowna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from our wedding at the Azul Beach Hotel. We had traveled to the property with a group of friends and family of varying ages. We have been to the Mayan Riviera before and have always enjoyed the area. Our experience at this hotel surpassed our already high expectations and our friends and family continue to rave about the incredible service that they had on their vacations. Compared to other hotels that we have stayed at, the level of personalized service that we received at the Azul Beach really set it apart. There were quite a few individuals who went out of their way to ensure that our group was well taken care of.

Ernesto and Victor helped ensure that we were able to eat together as a large group on many occasions and that we always had excellent dinner service. In combination with our wedding planning team; Paola, Miroslava and Jenna, they did a wonderful job with the food and service at the beach party we had and the private rehearsal dinner. The entire staff really went above and beyond.

The food at this resort was the best of any that we have had in the area. I really loved the gourmet inclusive concept as it allowed us to get some more innovative dishes. Our service was always prompt and the food was delicious. Our wedding guests were all thrilled with the steak and lobster that they had on the wedding night.

The property was beautiful and well maintained. We spent most of our days on the beach lounging between the sun chairs and the beach beds. Israel was really friendly and accommodating to our group and helped ensure that we were comfortable for the week and that we had access to some of the beach beds for a little shade. The service on the beach was just as impeccable as the service in the restaurants, Armando was a lot of fun and worked so hard to make sure that everyone's drinks were full and that we were having a good time.

As far as the wedding day, the planning team (Paola, Miroslava and Jenna) were so friendly and very well organized. Everything went off well and as we had planned. We couldn't have asked for more. We love that we chose the sky deck for the ceremony as it provided panoramic views of the Carribean Sea and was very private.

The size of the resort made it ideal for a wedding group as it was large enough to have plenty of amenities and a wide variety of restaurants but small enough to provide an intimate feel. We would certainly recommend this resort to anyone who is considering a wedding, it was perfect and the staff do such a wonderful job.

Thank you to all at the Azul Beach who made our wedding week an incredible one!

We would love to go back to this hotel and hope that we'll have the opportunity to do so in the near future!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
St Ives, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I am not going to go into massive details but I have just had the most AMAZING two weeks at the Azul beach hotel. My daughter chose this hotel for her wedding location and everything went perfectly, the way they looked after her and her husband to be was 1st class

I travel ALOT and have to say the service from the staff was top notch, professional and polite.

One negative thing... we had the karisma club pitch and to be honest it just felt a little tacky... e.g. a great offer you need to sign today to take advantage of... come on this is very 1980's.

That aside, I would return and would recommend this hotel to couples, family.

Thank-you Azul beach for some amazing memories.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Many thanks for your review . I'm happy to hear that you and your fmaily had a wonderful vacation, also that we exceeded all expectations, providing the perfect wedding celebrations . I hope that you have fond memories that can be treasured for years to come.

I have taken note of all comments and will share your feedback with all staff

Best Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was the perfect holiday which started the minute we walked through the door.
The hotel itself is absolutely spotless and the staff were the friendliest we have ever come across, with too many to name individually.
The room was immaculate and our house keeper kept the room spotless during our stay. The building and grounds were also perfectly maintained throughout.
The choice and quality of the food was far more than we had expected and so well presented. Drinks choice was more than adequate.
The only fault as such, was that when there was a wedding on, the Blu restaurant was closed which meant eating inside at one of the other restaurants ( which at the end of the day is not the worst hardship to endure).
We will definitely be going back again next year without doubt and cannot speak highly enough about both the hotel and the staff - thank you for making it the perfect holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review of your recent stay. It is very special and there is no better reward than to hear about your wonderful experiences at the Azul Beach Hotel.

I enjoyed reading your feedback and can assure you that your comments will be shared with all staff

Thank you again and I look forward to your return

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Azul Beach was the first trip we took with our then ten-and-half-month old son, and now 2 years later, it's still by far the best place we've been for traveling with a young kid. It's completely kid focused without being Disney cheesy (photoshop the kids out of the picture and it's just as chic and beautiful as any high-end resort) and the food was delicious, unusual at an all-inclusive. It also made feeding a picky baby super easy, when you could just grab a jar of baby food or a smoothie at the snack bar or get room service (milk, yogurt and a banana please!) late at night. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, sharing your experiences of your recent stay. It is great to hear that we were able ot make your first vacation as a family an enjoyable and stress free environment.

we hope that you will choose to return for make years to come.

Best Regards

gm@azulbeachresort.com

Been to Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma? Share your experiences!