I'm a bit slow at getting our review up here. We (me, my wife and our 11 month old daughter) took a 5 night trip to Azul Beach around the middle of August 2012. What an amazing resort! It was the nicest resort we have ever been to, and it was the perfect vacation for taking our baby. The food was unbelievable. Our two favorite restaurants for dinner were Roma and Latino. The service was great, the food was great, the wines were great. Keep in mind, the food and service is great at all the restaurants, but those two were our favorites. The staff was great with the baby. They always provided a high chair with a toy for her. They always asked if she needed anything. They had baby food, fruit, milk. She loved interacting with the staff.
The room was great as well. We stayed in a junior jacuzzi suite with an ocean view. Great for us because when the baby was napping, we could sit outside and watch the ocean. They took care of providing a crib, bottle warmer, and other baby necessities.
The Tequila Lounge was a cool perk on the property. They have 30 or 40 kinds of tequila and mescal. Because we were going to bed early (b/c of the baby) and we're early birds anyway, I would go before dinner and have the bartender pick 2 or 3 tequilas for me to try. And these are very good, high-end tequilas. For an all-inclusive resort, they didn't go cheap.
The beach was nice for what we needed. We mainly lounged on the beach during the day because, what else are you going to do with a baby. We did go on a snorkeling trip that we booked through the hotel. If not for the baby, we would have booked through a different company, but the trip through the hotel left from straight out our front door. The convenience was worth the higher price.
Hard to find any faults with this resort. The grounds were beautiful, our room was huge, clean and very well appointed, great food and drinks, very friendly and helpful staff, clean pools (pools everywhere, btw), quiet for the most part. The weather was really nice, too. Much cooler that Oklahoma at that time of year. It rained a couple days, but it was brief. I really think we'll try another Karisma resort next summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azul Beach Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique-style property located on a gorgeous beach 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport. All of the newly renovated 148 rooms are just steps from the beach, pools, restaurants and bars.Featuring the Gourmet Inclusive® concept, epicurean offerings include candlelight dining on the beach, a fresh fish fry and butler service to the canopied beach beds. There’s an all-lobster menu, 24-hour room service and over 30 tequilas in the tequila lounge.Azul Beach especially caters to families with young children with loaner baby equipment, kid's club and parent support. The exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner coordinates family reunions. Romantic couples love Beachfront Sky Massages and Suite Scenes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Resort All Inclusive Beach
- Azul Beach Resort
- Azul Hotel Beach Resort
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos