Just got back March 11/12 after 7 days with my wife and two kids, aged 9 and 6. Overall a great experience at this resort. We have been to the El Dorado Royale Casitas four times over the last nine years and felt it was time to take the kids along to share our Mexico with them. As other reviews stated it is very small but the beach and ocean are good (not great) and there are always plenty of loungers for everybody. Food at all restartaunts is excellent with the Tainan (Asian) being our favorite. The breakfast buffett at Blue is very good but gets old pretty quick. You can order off the menu for breakfast which we did a couple times which was excellent. At the end of the beach by Chil they set up a lunch buffet (three times while we where there) and it was different every time.
Our 6 year old had a fantastic time at the Kid's Club and met another girl her age the first day and basically they were inseperable for the rest of the trip. We felt absolutely safe leaving our kid there - no issues what so ever, end of story. Out 9 year old lasted about an hour in there and he was bored so he hung out with us for the trip.
I have to give credit to the Azul Beach for what they are trying to do. They are catering to young families and newly weds in a boutique environment hotel with all a la carte dining. Not an easy task to do. From what I could see all weddings went smoothly and it looked like a great place to get married.
The families there looked like they were having as much fun as they could with young children and in the restaraunts it was kind of funny to see these parents of infants trying to shovel in their food while the baby was screaming. We didn't mind the crying as we knew what we were getting our sevles into but if you are looking for the El Dorado Royale experience here, (romantic, quiet dinners) don't bother, this is not the resort for you. It is also a very quiet resort at night and we didn't leave our room past 8:00 pm as we were all beat.
I can see how some reviewers didn't like this resort if you are just going for a vacation without kids. There are kids everywhere and a little research would have indicated that.
Overall a flawless vacation in a resort that lives up to what it claims to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azul Beach Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique-style property located on a gorgeous beach 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport. All of the newly renovated 148 rooms are just steps from the beach, pools, restaurants and bars.Featuring the Gourmet Inclusive® concept, epicurean offerings include candlelight dining on the beach, a fresh fish fry and butler service to the canopied beach beds. There’s an all-lobster menu, 24-hour room service and over 30 tequilas in the tequila lounge.Azul Beach especially caters to families with young children with loaner baby equipment, kid's club and parent support. The exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner coordinates family reunions. Romantic couples love Beachfront Sky Massages and Suite Scenes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Resort All Inclusive Beach
- Azul Beach Resort
- Azul Hotel Beach Resort
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos