Our decision to go to another Karisma property was based upon on our stay in 2010 at the El Dorado Royal. We were so impressed we just had to try another Karisma property. After 10 years of taking holidays in Mexico, we've found what we believe, may be the best. We just returned from a 1 week stay at the Azul Beach Hotel. Upon arrival we were placed in the older section of the hotel, clean, nice room, great location to the pools/beach, but on the old side. (These older rooms are scheduled to be renovated this year) After talking with the front desk we took an upgrade to one of the new suites. Beautiful swim up room... wow
We had a couple minor issues, which were handled promptly and professional and eventually settled into block 9, suite 903. The room was excellent, more than what we ever expected. Have a look at some of the pictures people are posting. I’ll try to get my pictures up soon.
This resort has approximately 142 rooms, which for the Riviera Mayan is on the small side. Don’t let the size fool you! It has lots of pools, bars and 5, that’s right, five, A La Carte Restaurants, no reservations are required!
As far as the porperty, if we wanted to be in the action it was easy to find, but better yet, if we wanted peace and quiet, it was just steps away. It's a great place for couples, Families and Weddings.
The property had asked us ¾ of the way through our stay what we would like to see as far as improvements, I left them dumbfounded. With a little more time, the only thing I can come up with has to do with the beach. On the beach they have those big wonderful beds. To enjoy one, you must line up at 8:00am to be able to reserve one for use the next day. It’s nice, but I find these beds take way to much space on the beach. I would rather see an improvement in the lounger quality they currently have and either more palapa’s (umbrella type, fixed location) or have access to umbrella’s which can be moved.
Now for my favorite part of our trip:
Karisma Resorts has defined themselves as being “Gourmet Inclusive” and I make a living working within the Foodservice Industry, trust me when I say, this is the best food found on a resort property in the Riviera Mayan. I was so impressed I sought out to meet the Chef.
I want to take the time to thank Executive Chef, Luis Zaragoza and his team for their commitment to culinary excellence. Chef Luis, though Karisma have raised the bar for all hoteliers within the Riviera Maya.
To the whole team at the Azul Beach Hotel, thank you so much for making our holiday that much better, we'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azul Beach Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique-style property located on a gorgeous beach 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport. All of the newly renovated 148 rooms are just steps from the beach, pools, restaurants and bars.Featuring the Gourmet Inclusive® concept, epicurean offerings include candlelight dining on the beach, a fresh fish fry and butler service to the canopied beach beds. There’s an all-lobster menu, 24-hour room service and over 30 tequilas in the tequila lounge.Azul Beach especially caters to families with young children with loaner baby equipment, kid's club and parent support. The exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner coordinates family reunions. Romantic couples love Beachfront Sky Massages and Suite Scenes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Azul Beach Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Resort All Inclusive Beach
- Azul Beach Resort
- Azul Hotel Beach Resort
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos