This was our third visit to Desire in 14 months. We have stayed a minimum of 7 days per visit and as long as 9. We have visited in the heat of the summer, late fall and winter. Every visit has been phenomenal.
Let me say that regardless of your lifestyle preferences, the atmosphere, people and surrounding of this resort are electric. In three visits we have only had one instance where someone got a little snippy when we were not interested in their advances. Yes, there is a chance someone may be interested in being more than social but, I say a 99% return rate on respectable and friendly behavior is a better return than all of the resorts I have visited in the past. The factor that cracks me up about the "lifestyle" write up's is that Desire does not represent itself as a lifestyles resort in it's web or print advertisements beyond "lifestyle amusement". Even though some reviews tell others that people not in the lifestyle are welcome, it is as much a romantic couples resort and a great one at that.
ROOMS: Even the small rooms are big. I am not sure where people are staying that review the rooms as too small. There are a few basic needs the rooms lack but are easy to manage. One power outlet in Garden View. Go by the local home supply store and grab a 6 outlet 3 foot cord power strip. Ladies, if you are bringing shoes, grab a travel or cloth shoe holder that hooks over the door. It can be used for shoes, rolled up clothes, blow dryer, etc. There is limited space for storage.
POOL: The pools is great and always clean. I have read complaints of the pool closing at 6:00pm which I understand, but can also appreciate the fact they do close the pool. If you have ever been to a resort with a party atmosphere where the pool stays open later, then you have seen a pool with fru fru drink scum floating in it the next morning. Note that the chairs along the pool edge are usually taken by 7:30 - 8:00 but many of the back row are available even later. They also remodeled an area to add more chairs.
ACTIVITIES: I agree the activities seem to be a little old with very few changes to the events or poolside entertainment. This being a resort that has many return guests, this is one area I would like to see more variety and ongoing changes in. Theme nights too. I think part of the fun of planning for a vacation at Desires is the preparation for theme nights and special events. If they don't change or vary regularly, where is the excitement in finding the right clothes or costume for return visitors? I love to know my wife is excited in the outfits and ideas she puts together for these evenings.
HOT TUB: The hot tub has it's very social and active times ( after noon and after disco)
while it also has very quiet and serene times in between. Bottom line, when it's busy, it is sexy. If you are offended by seeing people enjoying each other in an intimate environment, this doesn't mean write this resort off, it means give it a try and if it isn't for you, there really are times when you can enjoy the hot tub in a more calm and quiet environment.
STAFF: You will not find a more dedicated and helpful staff at any other resort, anywhere. It is that simple. They are the best.
BOTTOM LINE: If you want to be in a quiet romantic environment, you can have it here. If you want an electrical experience that reconnects you with your partner and envelopes you in a sensual and unique surrounding, you will get it here. We are return guests, always will be but are also travelers who enjoy other resorts in other locations. What no other resorts offer is that trip you need just to enjoy each other and, anything else you may want to explore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Desire Resort & Spa is a unique couples only resort, the first and only of its kind in Mexico, that located on Cancun’s Riviera Maya will surround you with amazing landscaping and a deliciously erotic atmosphere to unleash your imagination and stimulate your senses. A place of freedom where fantasies become real, a place to abandon inhibitions and truly be you. Imagine sharing this paradise with like-minded couples who also seek a sensuous, clothing optional upscale venue or an adventurous lifestyle experience.Desire Resort & Spa Riviera Maya is a unique, adults only resort (+21) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Desire Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desire Hotel Riviera Maya
- Desire Resort Mexico
- Cancun Desire Resort
- Desire Resort Cancun
- Desire Resort And Spa
- Desire Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos