“Had a wonderful time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desire Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Desire Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Desire Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Specialty Resort   |   Carretera Cancun-Puerto Morelos Km 27.5 SM 12 | Mza 41, Lote 1, Fracc. 2, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Indiana
“Had a wonderful time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

We visited Desire November 11-16th, 2011. This is a couples only/adults only resort. The temperature was wonderful in the mid 80s, but we had quite a few overcast days. We loved this resort!

The grounds were well maintained and the staff was constantly working on improving the resort. My only possible complaint is that we woke up to a chainsaw at 9:30am one day from the staff working on the grounds (we actually made it up in time for a wonderful breakfast this day...so it all worked out great). All areas of this resort were well maintained and very clean!

The rooms at this resort vary a lot, even in the same class. We stayed in gardenview room 1911 and loved it. It is right off the main bar, so not a good room for someone wanting to go to sleep early. We loved how this room had a small balcony that was shared with only one other room, and spent some time relaxing on our quiet balcony. This room appeared larger than some other rooms we saw. We loved the bar stocked with water/coke/diet coke/Dos XX! There is not much storage area in this room or at the sink area, but other rooms we saw were a little better.

The pool area is the main hang out area and a great place to meet people. We found the other guests friendly and easy to talk to! There are a few activities around the pool during the day put on by the entertainment staff. They are not pushy about participating, but invite all to take part. We loved that the only lunch dining area was right next to the pool, so you never felt like you missed anything going to lunch. The beach seemed like a more mellow area to lay in the shade or sun, we walked the beach a lot but did not spend much time there. We saw a few people swim off the beach, but despite the resorts constant effort to keep the beach clean there was always vegetation coming up at the water line. The hot tub was the happening place to be mid afternoon! What a party at the hot tub!

The food was wonderful! Every night the main buffet had a different theme, so it was always new and fresh! The specality dining was even better!! The service was outstanding...at every meal!

There is evening entertainment after dinner near the main bar. We enjoyed this entertainment, but felt like there was a little too much down time here and the disco could open up earlier. The disco was always fun, well air conditioned, and had great music!

Overall we loved this resort! It is a very nice resort with enough partying to have a really good time, but not so much to lose the classy feel of the resort.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

534 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Monterrey, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

We spent three days here via our membership through Temptation resorts. It's a very nice resort, top notch staff. Just a little too far across the line for the liking of my wife and myself. We were really glad to make it back to Temptation where things were a little more tame.

If you are looking for some couples action, this would be the place. If you're not into that scene, don't go. It would be overload for the wrong people.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Just returned from our 2nd trip to desire. We felt the resort had improved quite a bit since our last trip some years ago.
You will be so relaxed at this resort, we have never done so little on a holiday before and felt so chilled on our return. It recharges your relationship and the whole time we felt totally in love with each other, being around open minded people, dressing up sexy, it all adds to the ambience.of the resort. The staff were amazing, so polite and attentive that we have to compliment each and everyone because they truly deserved it.
We lay on the beach everyday as we could not get a bed around the pool, however the beach is nice and they work hard looking after it everyday, especially after the recent hurricane. Drinks are brought to you all the time.
The rooms are much better now but did notice many rooms vary in size, some are twice the size to others but think they are same price!!
The only negative thing we could say, is we didn't agree with this (Gold bands, Black Bands) almost like first and second class. During our stay we could not get a bed around the pool because they were all reserved for the premium members, there are a few available but you would have to get up at 7am, when you are paying over £300 per night as a non premium member you would expect to be able to have a poolside sunbed everyday. We thought perhaps Desire would have been better off making this resort for premium members only or reduce the cost of the rooms for non premium members. There should really be enough beds for all, and more umbrella's are needed.

That said, any couple who wants to be sexy and into each other or others if you like, should go to Desire, in fact whatever your reasons for going you are likely to experience fun, laughter, happiness and a total relaxation in a different world to the usual one we live in.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room, I think most of these are ground floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

This was our first trip to Desire and YES we will return! We are not swingers and we were not harrassed by anyone at the resort, we do like to take a step on the "wild side" every now and then which does enhance our relationship and give us different things to talk about! We did not feel odd at all because we were not swingers, it was a good group of people out to have a good time, some experienced further than others, but overall it was a great group of people out to have fun with their partners. In our personal experience next time we will def upgrade to a beach suite, we stayed in a garden room and we did have the musty smell as well as the room was small for a week. The ocean suites looked lovely and I am sure are well worth the extra money if you are staying over three days. The room was romantic and cozy, but I would have loved to lay and listen to the ocean at night or while relaxing in our room. The buffet was what you could expect at any buffet, nothing great but a large selection of food. We ate at the habichi grill where the chef cooks directly for you and that was alot of fun, the chef did cater to our food requests without any problem. So if you are looking for awesome food this may not be the place for you to go, but if you are going for the good time and decent food it is.

The daytime is more relaxed with people on the beach beds and chairs at the pool and the beach, reading and relaxing. After the nightlife I would imagine everyone is resting up for the night and recouperating from their night before! Everyone is pretty much nude with some ladies with bikini bottems on, but overall it appears to be mostly nude. I don't think anyone shuns on you if you are not totally nude, as everyone is there for their good time and they could care less what you are or are not wearing. There were plenty of available beach beds and chairs at the pool during our visit, this did not seem to be a problem at all.

We found not much entertainment until the evening hours. They started with a local band at the pool bar around 6pm with dancing and then after that everyone went to the disco. During the theme nights I realized most all the ladies dressed in short cocktail dresses for dancing, and very sexy! I had to change my costume on the first theme night as I was the only one in costume, so it was no problem just a short hike back to the room to change. I would say that sexy dresses is more of the way to go than theme costumes. I hate to say that as I love to participate in theme nights, but I think most of the ladies were for dressing like they were going disco dancing than in theme. Very sexy outfits, but not so much for costumes. The disco for us was the highlight of the resort. It gets going pretty late and the dance floor stays full of dancers, every song I think everyone was dancing. The ladies seemed to be doing most of the dancing, and they were just up there dancing with the other ladies which was very fun. The guys mostly sat and watched all the ladies, there were a few that danced but overall was mostly the ladies having a great time dancing. It was very late each time we left and the disco was always packed out when we left, no need to go to early or you will be sitting alone waiting for the action to arrive.
The sin room was well just what it is called! It was small and honestly I think most people were in the disco other than the sin room, each time we walked into the room it was like that. There are numerous places around the resort that are perfect for a couple to romance in. We found the hanging beach beds were awesome and no one payed us any attention, they are thru-out the resort so no problem just sneaking off to one.

I would say that there are all ages and ranges of people who come to the resort. I was not uncomfortable in any form or fashion and everyone we passed or talked to was very nice. I think everyone at the resort were very mature and were there for their own desires! No one seemed to be shy about exposing their bodies and were comfortable in their skin. I did not experience any "gaukers" or anyone who made me feel uncomfortable at all. Just the opposite, I felt very comfortable and the experience was wonderful for my husband & I.

If you are particular about what you drink, you may want to purchase your own bottle and bring in. They only have a few "brand names" and if I did not request beer in a can they would serve me draft beer, and oh what a headache I can get from draft beer. It only took me the first night to realize everytime I ordered a beer they would bring me a draft so after that I was sure to let them know I wanted can beer. We ordered some tequila drinks, and the tequila was not a good brand and was hard to get down in shots. So for us taking our own liquor was a good thing, I could drink the can beer with no problem, but you will have to be careful if you are like me and can't drink draft as that is pretty much what they will serve you. I never had a problem getting can beer after I started asking for it, sometimes they would have to leave the bar to get me can beer, but they always did with no problem. I did have a few occassions where they would tell me they were out of can beer at the bar, but I insisted I would wait until they had some and they would go right away and get it. We were able to leave our bottle at each bar we went and they made our drinks with no problem at each bar.

Overall this was a great trip and experience for us and we do plan to go again! We will upgrade to a nice beach suite and pay the extra for when we travel we like to have the best of ammenities even if it costs us more. I would say any couple who is mature in their relationship would love what this resort has to offer, as you will be comfortable participating or not in any area of the resort you choose. They have plenty of places set up for privacy thru out the grounds.

Room Tip: I would spend the extra money for an ocean suite
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My husband and I visited Desire for the 4th time during the 3rd week of October, 2011. We have always had a wonderful time and meet some absolutely wonderful people on each and every trip. So many of the staff remember you from previous years and go far and beyond out of their way to accommodate your needs. We have not stayed in any of the garden view rooms on any of our visits, but the ocean view rooms are great, especially the ocean suites. The people you meet here are all ages, shapes and sizes. There is absolutely no need to feel intimidated or shy. This is a wonderful place to enjoy your nudity, meet great people and to just relax and let loose. Don't pass up an opportunity to experience this great resort.

The food here is good compared to some other all inclusive resorts we've stayed at. There is a buffet that is open for all meals every day, as well as a Japanese and another lovely restaurant here. The only time men can wear shorts at dinner is at the buffet restaurant. The others require men to wear long pants. Women just need to be dressed...no limit on the type of clothing required for them.

My suggestion is to spend your day around the pool or on the beach (pool area is where the daytime activities take place), head up to the hot tub around 4 pm, onto dinner around 7-8, enjoy the nightly shows from 8-10 and then up to the disco and/or the hot tub for the nightlife. It's always good to bring personalized business cards with you to exchange with other couples you meet in order to keep in touch. The same couples seem to come back to Desire year after year after year. There are theme nights each night at Desire. It's your choice whether to dress for them or not, but participating in the theme nights does make the night more fun.

Seaside Heights, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011 via mobile

We have been there two times it was fun as usual we like to do 2 nights at temptations and 3 here. We are not in the lifestyle but it doesn't matter you say no!

• Stayed October 2011
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This was our 4th Trip to Desire and we had another fabulous experience. It is so nice to go to a resort and have fun with such a nice group of people. The couples we met were fabulous and the staff are phenomonal. Many of them remembered not only our names but what we llike to drink, eat, etc.. We have been married for 20 years and we find that trips such as this enhance our relationship even further. Desire provides is a sensual and erotic atmosphere that allows you to feel really connected. We will definetly be going again next year!

Room Tip: Just Ask - The ocean front is definetly worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Desire Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!