We visited Desire November 11-16th, 2011. This is a couples only/adults only resort. The temperature was wonderful in the mid 80s, but we had quite a few overcast days. We loved this resort!
The grounds were well maintained and the staff was constantly working on improving the resort. My only possible complaint is that we woke up to a chainsaw at 9:30am one day from the staff working on the grounds (we actually made it up in time for a wonderful breakfast this day...so it all worked out great). All areas of this resort were well maintained and very clean!
The rooms at this resort vary a lot, even in the same class. We stayed in gardenview room 1911 and loved it. It is right off the main bar, so not a good room for someone wanting to go to sleep early. We loved how this room had a small balcony that was shared with only one other room, and spent some time relaxing on our quiet balcony. This room appeared larger than some other rooms we saw. We loved the bar stocked with water/coke/diet coke/Dos XX! There is not much storage area in this room or at the sink area, but other rooms we saw were a little better.
The pool area is the main hang out area and a great place to meet people. We found the other guests friendly and easy to talk to! There are a few activities around the pool during the day put on by the entertainment staff. They are not pushy about participating, but invite all to take part. We loved that the only lunch dining area was right next to the pool, so you never felt like you missed anything going to lunch. The beach seemed like a more mellow area to lay in the shade or sun, we walked the beach a lot but did not spend much time there. We saw a few people swim off the beach, but despite the resorts constant effort to keep the beach clean there was always vegetation coming up at the water line. The hot tub was the happening place to be mid afternoon! What a party at the hot tub!
The food was wonderful! Every night the main buffet had a different theme, so it was always new and fresh! The specality dining was even better!! The service was outstanding...at every meal!
There is evening entertainment after dinner near the main bar. We enjoyed this entertainment, but felt like there was a little too much down time here and the disco could open up earlier. The disco was always fun, well air conditioned, and had great music!
Overall we loved this resort! It is a very nice resort with enough partying to have a really good time, but not so much to lose the classy feel of the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Desire Resort & Spa is a unique couples only resort, the first and only of its kind in Mexico, that located on Cancun’s Riviera Maya will surround you with amazing landscaping and a deliciously erotic atmosphere to unleash your imagination and stimulate your senses. A place of freedom where fantasies become real, a place to abandon inhibitions and truly be you. Imagine sharing this paradise with like-minded couples who also seek a sensuous, clothing optional upscale venue or an adventurous lifestyle experience.Desire Resort & Spa Riviera Maya is a unique, adults only resort (+21) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Desire Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desire Hotel Riviera Maya
- Desire Resort Mexico
- Cancun Desire Resort
- Desire Resort Cancun
- Desire Resort And Spa
- Desire Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos