“Don't waste your money” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Bath
“Don't waste your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We went here due to the review on Trip Advisor, and both ordered fish.
Mine came with jacket potato and vegetables, neither were cook properly.
The Grouper fish tasted horrible and after talking to someone in a 100 times better restraurent, said Grouper is out of season, so must have been frozen.
Unfortunately we are not Spanish speakers although the ? manager asked us why we left most of the food, understood when we said it was inedible but did nothing about it.
Fortunately, we have since found some truely excellant and inexpensve places to eat, usually where other Mexicans so and not tourists as it likely to be lower standard.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
winnipeg
“Great service at La Casa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We keep coming back!!! Great service; absolutely great fish. No hogfish this year so I had grouper instead. My guy had the garlic shrimp. A meal of perfection and I just love sitting and watching everyone in the square. The best part of the meal....their salsa is just delicious. You receive enough nachos to ward off hunger but give you plenty of room for your meal. Truly a joy to eat at this establishment.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great fish, but here is what you need to know!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

On our first visit my wife and I immediately decided this was a 5-star place and that we would keep coming back; we each shared our respective servings and raved. However on our second visit, while the superb flavor was still there both of our fish dishes were overcooked. Since I am fluent in Spanish I asked the gentleman who appeared to be the owner if they had changed chefs and he became curious about why I asked. While he claimed there had been no change, to his credit he later came back to say he had alerted the chef.

In other words this place really knows how to cook fish to perfection and provide delicious flavor, thus I recommend taking a simple extra step to avoid their inconsistency (that hopefully has been remedied). For instance, explain that "at another restaurant you were served over-cooked fish and that someone recommended Casa del Pescador as the best" - That should do it!

Arrive early in order to secure the best seating by their front railing. They are located on the second floor with a great view of the the Plaza (on Morelos St, almost across from the Taxi stand). Enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“if you love garlic......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had the garlic shrimp and it was wonderful. The veggies and baked potato were covered with garlic and butter also...good thing my husband likes garlic because I am sure I carried it with me to the next day.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brandon
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

AMAZING FOOD!!! Highly recommend this place! The food was delicious. Bacon and cheese stuffed jumbo shrimp..... need I say more. Our waiter provided great service and entertained us with napkin tricks and balancing beer on his head. Probably the best seafood we had on our trip and the prices were way cheaper then restaurants in Playa. 5 thumbs up to the boys at La Casa del Pescador!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food