“Fanstastic Wedding!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun

Save Saved
You added Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun to your Saves list
Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Super Manzana 11 Manzana 9 Lote 10, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #13 of 23 hotels in Puerto Morelos
Bronx, New York
“Fanstastic Wedding!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I just returned from NOW Sapphire July 16th after a two week stay with family and friends. My husband and I actually had our wedding on the resort and enjoyed a beautiful honeymoon here as well. I cannot say enough good things about this resort! After hearing mixed reviews and have never visited Mexico before I was a little nervous about having my wedding here. The only thing that ensured my decision was that we knew four friends who have been here before and one old friend who actually had their wedding here, and all I heard was wonderful things. Let me just say that I was not one bit disappointed with choosing this resort as a place to exchange vows and a place for our friends and families to vacation. Our wedding was on July 7th and was absolutely BEAUTIFUL and exceeded our expectations.
MOST IMPORTANTLY THE STAFF WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They go out of their way to ensure that all your needs are met and that you are enjoying your stay. By the time we left we had a list of atleast 20 staff members that we knew by name & gave good reviews about. Please remember to tip the waiters and bartenders. They truly do work very hard and appreciate everything you give them.
All and all we had the best experience I think we will ever have, given that we got married here and had our honeymoon! I know that all our guests also enjoyed this resort, many were even trying to extend their stay with the airlines.
The only thing I do suggest is that the pool should be open later and that the restaurants should also have better AC, as it can get very hot due to the way the roof was built. If you are looking for a place with a lot of night life then this may not be the resort for you. Overall we had a blast and late nights but we also had 54 friends and family with us. However, once everyone left and it was just my husband and I, it got a little boring after 11, when only 1 bar/club was open.
All in all I would very much recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation, or anyone planning a destination wedding!!!!!
Please find below a list of EXCEPTIONAL employees.
Thank you again for making our weding such a special day!!!
~ Jennifer & Donald Williams

Wedding Planners: Daniela & Alexandra
Wait Staff: Carlos, Irene, Victor, Gabriel, Carmen, Mildred, Julian, Lemuel, Irving & Ismael.
Bar Staff: Oliver, Santiago & Ceaser
Entertainment Staff: John Paul & Freddy
Spa Staff: Both Karina's

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
NowSapphireRC, econcierge at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 22, 2010
Dear Sir / Madam,

On behalf of Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, I wish to thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your experiences in your recent wedding celebration trip.

Daniela, Carlos, Irene, Victor, Gabriel, Carmen, Mildred, Julian, Lemuel, Irving, Ismael. John Paul, Freddy, Both Karina's (Spa) will be happy to know that their suggestions and assistance were helpful trying to impress you during your stay. Indeed they are great employees.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun to celebrate your first anniversary.

Cordially yours

2,664 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (928)
  • Polish first
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

Stayed here the 2nd week of July with adult children. All of us truly enjoyed the resort. The grounds are beautiful and very clean and well maintained. Our room was very clean and quite nice - we did not pay for an upgrade and certainly did not need one. Our bed was comfortable and the bathroom certainly spacious enough for 2 people. Frig was restocked every day and the beds turned down at night with a small chocolate. The white robes provided were a nice touch.

The beach does have seaweed but it is cleaned every morning and was never a problem. Water is very nice - no big waves so it is easy to swim and relax in. Be sure to take advantage of the provided catamarans. The beach is very long in both directions which makes morning walks a true pleasure and workout if desired.

Unlike many resorts is Mexico this one is aligned in length with the beach, instead of stretching back away from the beach. Depending on which bldg your room is in, it can be a long walk to the lobby and restaurants, but it is all flat and a pretty landscape in all directions.

The pool is large and just cool enough to be refreshing. (The private pool looked VERY boring). We spent most of our time at the main pool and enjoyed the swim up bar. Santiago was excellent as the only bartender on the pool side. Always smiling and pleasant and worked his tail off! Be sure to tip the bartenders, servers, and maids - all work so hard and have a smile for everyone.

We thought the food in the restaurants was very good - including the buffet. We ate at the Japanese one night (earliest reservation we could get was 9:30) and it was tasty - the chef was quite skilled at showmanship. The French was excellent as well. Our only disappointment was the Reef Grill at night. Although the staff were working hard, the service was very slow - think they may need more chefs preparing food. It took us almost 3 hours to be seated and eat dinner and by then (11:30) we were no longer hungry.

Hotel had an awesome set up for the World Cup finals - huge projection screen in salon, with their own bar and food for the fans. Very nice touch!

Front desk staff very friendly and prompt - no complaints! We got an excellent deal for last minute travel thru Apple Vacations. I would return here in a heartbeat - beautiful place, so relaxing and a great deal!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,

We really appreciate the kind comments you made about the employees and service. Comments like these make us determined to continue delivering a high quality service, and to ensure we strive to provide our guests with complete satisfaction every day.

Our chef, executive housekeeping , F&B manager and entertainment team will be happy to know that you enjoyed the food, restaurants, activities and the beautiful grounds.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun soon.

Cordiall y yours
Stonewall, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

My friends and I visited this property July 14-18. We had an incredible experience from arrival to departure. The events staff was engaging and very personable. The bartenders exceeded our expectations with their wit and attention to detail. All of the wait staff were very friendly. Thank you for making this a very memorable experience!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Sir /Madam,

We are all pleased and honored with comments like yours. We really wish to thank you for that and for taking the time to share your experience in Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun with others. It is very gratifying for us to know that we could meet your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon to Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun.

Warm Regards,

lakewood, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

My husband and I were looking somewhere for a great last-minute deal to celebrate our third anniversary. We got an incredible deal with the NOW Sapphire Resort.. so incredible.. that we were nervous to find out what we would get upon arrival. For most of the trip, we were sure that they had made a mistake.. that it was too good to be true. This place is amazing. Its big enough to have nice amenities, such as great entertainment (our fave was the rock concert on the beach under the stars).. and incredible pools.. but yet, its small enough that we felt like we were at home. We felt like we were at home with the staff and fellow travelers, as everyone was so friendly. I can't emphasize how amazing this staff made our stay. Every night, we were able to relax and enjoy music in the lobby bar with drinks, friends.. ocean breezes.. Each day, we spent lying by the beautiful pools... it was perfection. What really set NOW Sapphire apart from other all inclusives that we have stayed at.. were the small details: bathrobes, room service, water sports.. all free! For the World Cup, they even threw a party complete with stands and snack foods/drinks to complement the two screens that we watched it on..

The things that could be improved.. The food was good for being all-inclusive. We are vegetarians, so we found our options quite limited. We always kind of know that this is likely going in to a trip.. but hoped for a few more choices. The beds... They really are pretty hard.. but to be honest.. it didn't bother me so much. I thought they would be a lot worse. Neither of us seemed to be sore or anything..

I have to emphasize this again. The staff at NOW Sapphire was quite literally, the best staff that either of us (avid travelers) have ever encountered. Each and everyday, they were not only working hard to keep the grounds looking gorgeous. Their attention to detail was incredible.. in making sure that everything from the rooms.. to the order of the loungers.. that they are all beautiful. They work hard to keep everyone happy and pampered.. not only were they doing this.. but with a smile.. a quick conversation with you.. something to make it personable. We just left today and really had a hard time leaving these great people. If you doubt this, take a look at how often the manager responds to comments on this website! That is what really solidified our choice in staying here. They really do care and it shows!!!

We had our pictures taken with Jeankarlo with Adventure Photos.. and not only was it a great time.. with AMAZING pictures.. but we left with a new friend that we hope to keep in touch with.

If you're looking for a giant resort.. this isn't it. If you are looking for a place where you will be pampered.. and feel truly appreciated.. and like you are in a community, this is it. We were SO sad to leave today.. and although we've never been the type to go to the same locale/hotel more than once... we are determined to celebrate our fourth anniversary there again. I miss it so much. See you next year!!!!!!

Dear Sir / Madam,

We thank you immensely for taking the time to share your experience on tripdavisor and for your gracious comments about our resort, service and especially for the work of all the employees; we try to do our best to fulfill our guest’s expectations. It is also great to know you felt as at home.

I am delighted to read that our service made you feel so special, we are more than happy to know that your stay with us has been so enjoyable to deserve your preference and recommendation.

We look forward to hosting you next year at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

With kind regards,
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We just returned from our 7 day vacation at this resort. I would have to say it was great with an exception to very little things that I’ll mention at the end. I was really concerned when reading all the negative reviews before going there. No worries, everything was nearly perfect and though I rarely write any reviews, I thought I should put my comments here, as it was one of the best places we went to in the Caribbean (we travel there once or twice a year). This was our fourth time in Mexico staying in resorts.
Our 7 day vacation was from June 29th to July 6th. We arrived at the hotel pretty early (around 11 am) and were assigned a room right away, it was in one of the villas close to the ocean and though we had a garden view, the walk to the beach was literally 50 steps away. So nice.

My son (he is 4) really liked the kids club. The babysitters there were so friendly and always arranged different activities every day like face painting, water balloon fights, t-shirt decorating and many more. If you kids are planning to attend it, make sure to check out the list of activities they have in the daily circular at the hotel. The kids club was really handy for us, as our son doesn’t like to go to any restaurants, so he always preferred to attend a kids club instead. I and my husband were able to have a nice private quiet dinner together and felt pretty safe to leave our kid at the kids club.

The food was really good. I wouldn’t say that there was a great variety at the buffet, but you can always find something for breakfast and lunch.

The beach was beautiful, plenty of lounge chairs available and the water is really nice. Yes, you’ll see seaweed there, but they do a great job cleaning it up. Actually they do much better job than the hotels near by as far as the cleanup.

4th of July party was probably the most fun and memorable day. The entertainment team and everyone there did a great job organizing all the games, activities and entertainment for that day. The dinner buffer that day was something special – they set up tables and the stage right on the beach.

Rooms were really nice and clean. Maid service did a fantastic job! We always had fresh towels and stocked up mini bar. Rooms were cleaned two times a day.

And now I just wanted to list some of the things that could have been better:
Though they have several restaurants, not all of them are open every day. Also the most popular Japanese restaurant requires reservations.
Reservations at Japanese restaurant – the food is really good, but you have to be there at 5pm at the latest to be able to get the reservations for 7pm-8pm. Unfortunately I didn’t know about that the first day and was there at 5.30pm like it was mentioned. By the time it was my turn, there was only one spot left at 10pm, so I wasted half hour of just standing in line. I was successful to make reservations the next day, but it was for the time that wasn’t really convenient – 6.30 pm, as every other high demand spots were taken already.
Bathrooms close the main pool were not kept clean all the time, it was really slippery. My child almost fell a couple of times.
Preferred club pool (as someone else mentioned) – they should post some signs, so it is not so embarrassing to be notified that you are not in the right place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear Sir / Madam,

On behalf of Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, we want to thank you for taking the time to share such gracious.

It is great to know that your son enjoyed the activities at The Explorer Club and you had the opportunity to dine with your husband in a private dinner. F&B department and Entertainment team will be happy to know that you enjoyed the 4th july party.

Regarding your comment about the Japanese restaurant, I will share it with F&B Manager in order to consider your valuable observation.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun very soon.

Cordially yours
Collinsville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We had booked our trip last minute not knowing if we could go do to illness, but we did book the NOW Sapphire and were really glad we went. It is a small quaint resort with everything to offer like large resorts except crowds.

First the food was amazing at every restaurant. One thing to beware of is there was was Perrier water on the table of the Mediterrian restaurant, so we drank it and then were informed it was $4.oo. After a discussion about not being informed about this is was revoked.

The rooms were great, but not as pictured on the web, so be aware. The beach was wonderful, no rocks just white sugar sand. We never had any trouble getting a lounger at the pool or the beach.

Everyone was very accomodating and worked hard to make our stay perfect.

Thanks to Isamel at the buffet for making our mornings so great.

Second was the staff, clean and neat grounds, manicured lawns, pleasant attitudes and just generally happy people. We tipped everyone who took care of us because basically they earned it. I would suggest to tip, they make such a small salary - and we have so much more.

In addition the servers and bartenders were so skilled and pleasant.

There was ample supply of water in our room and we slept great at night. One suggestion is to have something planned if it rains, you can only stay in your room so long. Parent please note - kids do not need to be at the bars on the stools, this is an adult place. I would suggest the resort put a stop to it.

If you get a chance to stay here you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
NowSapphireRC, econcierge at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
Dear Sir / Madam,

We wish to thank you for taking the time to share with us your gracious comments, which definitely allow us to improve our service. I will addres your observations to the Hotel Staff in order to improve and consider your suggestions.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with others, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun soon.

Cordially yours,

Econcierge
Dartmouth, NS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

My husband and I along with another couple stayed for a week at the resort the end of April. It was the Paradisus when we arrived but found out later that the transition to the NOW Sapphire was taking place while we were there. We didn't notice any change in the service which was amazing. The resort is beautiful, the beach is great and if you enjoy walking, this is the beach for you. We didn't experience any problem to get loungers at either the pool or the beach. The food was delicious and the service at the restaurants was great. In fact, we found all of the staff friendly and helpful. WfFi was not availble in all areas but we were moved to a room where it could be accessed and we appreciated the convenience. It is costly but compares to buying tiime in the business center. There is nothing that we could say negative about our visit and we have already booked a return vacation for September.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Dir Sir / Madam,

It is always a great pleasure to read through comments such as yours; they are an inspiration to help us in our continued commitment to maintain our standards and service you have experienced. I will address your comments with the hotel staff.

I look forward of hosting you again and provide you with a perfect stay in September.

Best Regards,

econcierge

Been to Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!