“Fantastic Mexican holiday resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun

Save Saved
You added Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun to your Saves list
Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Super Manzana 11 Manzana 9 Lote 10, Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic Mexican holiday resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

From day 1 to the end of our 10 day stay we loved every minute staying at Now Sapphire resort. The rooms were spacious and clean with a balcony overlooking a tropical view. New towels were changed at least once a day and the bed was turned down every night. The pool was outstanding and we took full advantage of the Splash swim up bar. The entertainment during the day was plentiful with Marco, Regina and Miguel working very hard to keep the entertainment and fitness levels up, and the evening entertainment didn't disappoint either with something for everyone. The 5 restaurants had a varied menu so you didn't feel you were eating the same food everyday like in other all inclusive resorts. The staff were outstanding, very friendly and spoke fluent English. The only improvement I would suggest is separate check in & out desks. This was far too slow on arrival and departure in an exceptionally hot area. Overall an amazing stay and I would recommend it

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

NowSapphireRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripavisor regarding your recent stay at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun.

We are pleased to hear that we exceed your expectations and you really were involved in the magic of our little paradise; definitely there is nothing more rewarding for us to see than a satisfied guest. We are glad to share your comments with the staff, especially with Marco, Regina and Miguel. Thank on behalf of them.

We appreciate very much the time you took to share your feedback with us through Tripadvisor. We wish to have the privilege to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,

info.nosrc@nowresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,012)
  • Polish first
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Caesar was AMAZING!!!!! Ivan was WONDERFUL!!!!!!! Carmen was OUTSTANDING !!!!! These three individuals made our wedding week a trip worth talking about. We had 20 guest travel from the US to this resort for our destination wedding. The week was great, but a few issues would need to be addressed before I spent that much money again.
We stayed In a Preferred Ocean Front King room, it had no ceiling fan. The other rooms did, it made a difference. That should be standard in all rooms. It's too hot not to have a fan. They do not have top shelf liquor. That is the reason we selected this resort, our group likes to have cocktails. They served absolute vodka as a top shelf.... Negative. The long waits to eat were ridiculous. The food was minimal at best. The best restaurant was the Cibu. The plating of food was amazing, but the wait and taste does not equal a 4 Star Resort in my opinion.
Mother Nature was great to us. The weather was perfect, just hot..... It's Mexico. The pool is wonderful and very specious. The grounds are kept very well, and the rooms and all public areas were clean. The preferred room was the coolest place on the resort. Thank goodness we upgraded to preferred.
For those of you traveling to this resort, Caesar works the beach bar and if you order a drink, tell him Mike and Teresa sent you!!!! Ivan is your goto guy for any beach chairs, or beds by the pool he will reserve them for you. Carmen works in the main lobby serving drinks, extremely nice woman! If their is way they can get a hello from us it would be greatly appreciated! These 3 employees need to be recognized.
As far as the wedding, it was seamless Ramon does a great job. The DJ is worth the money. It made the night. Great experience and a great time.
Be advised they add gratuity to wine sales and the beach has tons of sea weed.

Room Tip: If you drink..... Ocean front in building 1, 2, 3, or 4
Dear Madam,

We are all pleased and honored with comments like yours. We really wish to thank you for that and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We will share your valuable feedback with the entire staff, especially with Cesar and Ivan.

It is very gratifying for the Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun to know that we could meet your expectations.

Our Executive chef will be so happy to read your comments about the Cibu Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun in your next vacation.

Warm Regards,

Olivia Rodriguez
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Myself and my family have just got home having spent 10 days in this hotel. It is rated on most web sites as a 5 star hotel. I can assure you it is not! Let's start with the positives, the staff are excellent, very friendly and can't do enough for you, coffee shop offers the best lunch along with the beach side bar called the blue water cafe, although the menu is limited. Now for some of the challenges, hotel check in, if you are not in the preferred club then after a long journey you could find yourself at the end of a long queue in an open non air conditioned lobby waiting for sometime, this whilst being circled by the onsite time-share team who try to jump on you the minute check in is completed. After reading other reviews on this site pre our visit we decided to upgrade to preferred. It is worth it! The primary reason why is 2 fold. It offers the only properly air condition room that you will need to jump in to cool down during the hot days, and the only place where they serve non watered down spirits. All other bars/restaurants water down the drinks. This is also a place you can use as check in and out. This hotel 'officially' offers a no reservation policy for any restaurant. Whilst I have never been to a 5 star or rather any star hotel that operates dinner in this way, in principal it seems reasonable if they operate the available seating in all the restaurants at capacity. This however was not he case, one night 1 we had a 2 hour wait to be seated. This due to the hotel running large weddings alongside trying to service a nearly full hotel. We complained about this and to the credit of the catering manager I was told I could in future as a special provision book tables. This felt like a small victory but actually should just be a very basic level of service. We did also find out after speaking with other guests in preferred that they had also been offered the chance to book if they ordered a $40-50 bottle of wine each night with their dinner, a bit rich coming from an all inclusive resort. Now the rooms, they are tired, we had a beach view preferred room with large outside bath. The plugs did not fit and the water ran away. The room air conditioning was running at a fixed temperature of 26 degrees, even though they had individual thermostats in each room. Fittings and rooms need a serious update. The pool bar area is in a bad state of repair, it needs a crumbling bar repaired. Food average and repetitive, all in all needs a lot of work!

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us through Tripdavisor. All of the comments are shared with the operations staff to improve our service in all possible ways.

We were sorry to learn of some of the disappointing aspects of your stay. We assure you, that we share all of reviews with our team, and whilst never pleasant, such feedback provides the opportunity for improvement for future guests.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and restore your confidence in our service.

Sincerely yours,

West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I just returned from a 4 day stay with my fiance and we had a very nice trip. The resort is beautiful and staff is friendly.

Our room had a King bed with a tropical view. It was well air conditioned and in a great spot. My only complaint here is the pillows were incredibly hard which made it difficult to sleep.

The restaurants were nice, and we never had to wait to be seated. The food in the mexican and french restaurants was great.

The highlight of the resort is definitely the entertainment staff! Omar and Marco are incredible and highly entertaining. I recommend getting to know them. They work so hard to make your stay enjoyable.

My big complaint with this resort came from using Amstar as my transportation method. I prepaid for roundtrip private transportation ($150) from Cancun Airport to the resort and back. On our departure day we were leaving at 2:30pm. We stopped by the Amstar desk in the morning around 9am, and confirmed our pickup. We were instruced to be in the lobby 10 minutes early. We arrived at 2pm and waited to be picked up. At 3pm nobody had arrived to pick us up. I went back to the Amstar representative and asked for an update. She proceeded to get on the phone for the next 30 minutes without telling me what was happening. When she got off the phone she instructed me that I would have to take a cab to the airport! She even told me to pay for the cab! I of course was not going to pay for the cab after already paying for transportation that didnt come, so she agreed to have an Amstar representative meet the taxi at the airport and pay. Of course when we arrived at the airport there was no representative and the taxi driver would not release our luggage until paid. I had to search the airport for a representative and then even once I brought him to the cab he argued with the driver over not paying. The driver was finally nice enough to let us have our bags and work it out with Amstar because at this point we only had 45 minutes until our plane boarded!! Long story short, stay away from Amstar! I would highly recomend the resort reconsider their affiliation with Amstar. I am still trying to get refunded for the private transportation I never received and nobody will return my messages.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent review and positive remarks in regards to your stay at the Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by the staff.

We will share your great review with all our staff; they truly enjoy hearing feed back from our guests. Omar and Marco will be glad to read your feeback about their work. Thank you on behalf of them.

We will share your observations with Amastar agency, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Warmest regards,

Info.nosrc@nowresorts.com
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed here in early February. The resort was wonderful. There were bad reviews on trip advisor and we were a little nervous, but it was a last minute vacation with a great deal, so we couldn’t resist.
We had a fairly smooth transfer from the airport to the resort. This resort is about an hour away from the airport. Not a big deal, but the ride was a bit sketchy (the road, surroundings etc). The road to the resort itself painted a different picture. It was gorgeous. At check in, we were greeted with a drink, and check in was smooth and quick.

The resort itself is very pretty. Beautiful & lush gardens surrounding all pathways. The food at the resort was great. There was always something for everyones palette. We didn’t eat at the specialty restuarants, because we were too late in booking and the only available times were way past our dinnertime, so we did eat in the buffet for breakfast / lunch / dinner. It was very satisfying, but as with any resort, it got old by the 5th day.

The pool is pretty, but there is a problem with the chipped tiles in the pool and I actually ended up cutting my foot. I have read that since then, they have made appropriate repairs. But I understand, things happen. The beach is beautiful, but it was definitely not the crystal clear water that we were hoping for. There was seaweed, but it was not a nuisance. The beach is also raked every morning/afternoon. People need to understand that there is a coral reef right there, and you will get seaweed – depending on what the weather was like.

Entertainment was in the lobby, but we preferred to walk around and go to our room to read our books.

The rooms were ok. Nothing amazing, but no complaints. Bring mosquito repellent – we did get bit quite a bit.

All in all – the resort was beautiful, staff was friendly, and it was a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
NowSapphireRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Madam,

First of all thank you for choosing our resort for your recent stay at our beautiful resort. We really appreciate your kind words about our property and services. We are glad to hear that you liked our resort and facilities.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We really hope to welcome you again in the near future.

With kind regards,

Social Media Coordinador
Pocahontas, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

we are currently at now sapphire, on our 7th day. Our room AC did not work took 3 days to fix. Our first meal, the only place open when we got here at 12:20pm, was very very slow. My wife and I and our 3 kids waited 10 minutes to be seated another 10 to be waited on and 30 minutes for our burgers and sandwiches. The other restaurant's are just bad, I think they try to get to fancy either way the food is not good. We are ordering room services, which takes over an hour, for the 3rd night this week. Now the pools are great, the services has been good. Once our AC started working the rooms were ok. Overall it was a good vacation, just avoid the restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
NowSapphireRC, social media coordinator at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us through Tripadvisor about your recent stay at our resort. Please accept our sincerest apologies for an experience, which left you dissatisfied. We value our guests’ feedback because this is the way we can know about our distinguished guests experiences as well as to have the opportunity to improve our service.

We hope you give us the opportunity to restore your confidence in our service.

Sincerely yours,

Springboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Wonderful experience. The room was perfect, the air conditioning excellent. The pool and the beaches could not be better in any way. As far as the food and the beverages, absolutely the best. The staff was beyond perfect. Even were helpful in getting my smart phone to work properly so I could still "work" when I needed to. We were there from 7/3 to 7/10 for my niece's wedding, which was perfect. I would go again tomorrow! People have said that it was difficult to get seated in the restaurants, we never had a problem getting seated and served promptly. The ones that were having problems were the ones that insisted on seating a group of 18. Well, I don't know to many restaurants that can seat that many immediately! Groups of 2,4,6 were seated right away. We went on the catamaran trip, and the Tulum trip. Wonderful!!! Only complaint- it's really hot in Mexico in July. Next time- January!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
NowSapphireRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

On behalf of Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, we wish to thank you for taking the time to share such gracious comments about your stay with us, and especially about our staff. They will be very glad to know that their effort and genuine care for our guests is recognized.

It is always a great pleasure to read through notes such as yours, for they serve as an inspiration to help us in our continued commitment to maintain the high standards you have experienced with our service.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with others, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun soon!

Greetings from sunny Cancun!

info.nosrc@nowresorts.com

Been to Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!