Visited the Now Sapphire for 10 day stay (April 22-May 2/13). Absolutely gorgeous hotel, suites
were large and well maintained. I had researched this hotel for months before booking. A lot
of positive reviews was the deciding factor. The staff went out of their way to make sure that
your stay was memorable. A few staff that left lasting positive impressions on us, little Gladys
and Iroy from the Market Buffet and all the girls from the Coco Cafe, Carlos from the beach
bar and Carlos from the Cibu not to forget about the entertainment staff, Ty and Jessica, and
hunky David and all the rest.
A few disappointments, upon arrival had a few problems with check-in, months before I had
requested a certain building being closer to all activities and the beach because one person in
our group has a walking disability. We wanted to be all in the same building, we were booked
in separate buildings upon arrival. My husband was not very happy. After about 20 min. or so
we managed to get building 3 for all 4 of us. Our suite was ready but my sister and her
fiance didn't get their suite till 8:00 pm (5 hours after we arrived) Not cool!!!
Three days later, the men in our group got stomach problems(lasted for 4 days). We met a lot
of people at the resort both on of off the beach and everyone had someone in their group
that was sick. The most vulnerable groups seemed to be the wedding parties, a group of
40 and more than half were sick. Don't know if it had to do with alcohol, the heat and over
eating of which we are not used, just don't know, all as I know is that we were lucky to be there
for 10 days so that the VA K was not a total bust!
Over all this resort was pretty exceptional, the restaurants were amazing. Only advise I can
give is not to over indulge. Have a great time! I would go back again and the only thing that
may stop me is the beach. I am a beach bunny and I love to snorkel in the ocean, but that
ocean was pretty murky, didn't see much sea life, don't know if it has to do with the BP spill
a few years ago but it was disappointing. Not one sea shell on the beach and tons of seaweed.
What does that tell you! This of coarse is not the resort's fault.
You have to experience this resort for yourself!!!!!
One more thing, I think that this resort should get rid of the "PREFERRED"
I find it discriminatory and half the beach palapas are reserved for the preferred and more
than 90% were unoccupied during the 10 day stay, and if we used them we were told to move.
Not cool! They are just doing their job, I suppose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun. A tropical landscape of evergreen trees, sugar white sand, and sparkling azure sea, Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun offers all the exclusive benefits of Unlimited-Luxury(R). This collection of amenities, led by unlimited gourmet food and premium beverages in five reservation-free, gourmet restaurants and seven stylish bars and lounges, pool and beach wait service, and 24-hour room and concierge service, comes without the wristband many resorts require. Guests will find 496 airy suites boasting such comforts as daily refreshed mini bar, plush robes and slippers, Jacuzzi for two, and private furnished balcony or terrace. Stepping outside means endless activities including Hobie cats, kayaking, windsurfing and nightly entertainment beginning with theme parties and movies on the beach. Plus, there's oversized swimming pools, a fitness center and - for an extra fee - deep sea fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling and golf. A 6,800 yard, par 72 dream course: that is Gran Coral Riviera Maya. From tee time, there's the Spa, offering indigenous treatments ranging from a full body massage to a soothing hydrotherapy. For even more magical moments, the resort has wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, where couples enjoy champagne breakfast in bed, special turndown, private beachfront dinner with rose petal path and candlelight, and more. Add in 15,000 square feet of meeting/conference space and the privileges of Preferred Club, including terrace soaking tubs and a 24-hour private concierge, and guests have the best of everything. It's all of this, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Riviera Maya
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort
- Paradisus Cancun
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos