We stayed for three nights on the back end of a vacation to meet up with family. Here's the breakdown:
A. It's beautiful. I mean gorgeous. The resort, the rooms, the beach property.
B. It's all inclusive, how can you not love that?
C. Good customer service overall.
A. The food is lame. Not disgusting but not that great either. The restaurants are limited, meaning they list several but fail to mention that one is a buffet (ok, that's a given in the all-inclusive experience), one is for their special preferred club members, and one is closed every night (they rotate which one is closed). Oh, and because that doesn't leave much the rest saw nightly wait times around 90 minutes. Yes I said 90 minutes. We're not talking Fogo de Chao people. We gave up and went buffet on all but one occasion. Room service consisted of burgers and fries and similar cuisine, I was pretty unimpressed. They have steaks on the menu but only for our preferred friends: )
B. The preferred club. When I pay that much for a resort stay I like to feel like a special guest. They make it clear that to receive that treatment you have to pay *surprise* extra for their preferred club. Forget free Wi-Fi as a typical American hotel amenity. Either pay the extra $40/night to be preferred or $11/hour for use of their computer in the business center.
Personally I found the resort to be stupidly large and disliked doing that much walking to eat, etc. It has 13 buildings for lodging which rivals my first apartment. PS I'm in my 20s and in good shape, it just took a little relaxation out of it. May not matter to you. In the same regard I had someone who works at the salon get quite snippy with me and avoided it based on that customer service, but I hate reviewers who base a review on an isolated incident... it may have been just that.
Overall, I wouldn't stay there again. The little hotel Posada El Moro we stayed in the days before was so much better on the whole. We didn't leave NOW unhappy, but it's hard to be unhappy in paradise: )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun. A tropical landscape of evergreen trees, sugar white sand, and sparkling azure sea, Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun offers all the exclusive benefits of Unlimited-Luxury(R). This collection of amenities, led by unlimited gourmet food and premium beverages in five reservation-free, gourmet restaurants and seven stylish bars and lounges, pool and beach wait service, and 24-hour room and concierge service, comes without the wristband many resorts require. Guests will find 496 airy suites boasting such comforts as daily refreshed mini bar, plush robes and slippers, Jacuzzi for two, and private furnished balcony or terrace. Stepping outside means endless activities including Hobie cats, kayaking, windsurfing and nightly entertainment beginning with theme parties and movies on the beach. Plus, there's oversized swimming pools, a fitness center and - for an extra fee - deep sea fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling and golf. A 6,800 yard, par 72 dream course: that is Gran Coral Riviera Maya. From tee time, there's the Spa, offering indigenous treatments ranging from a full body massage to a soothing hydrotherapy. For even more magical moments, the resort has wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, where couples enjoy champagne breakfast in bed, special turndown, private beachfront dinner with rose petal path and candlelight, and more. Add in 15,000 square feet of meeting/conference space and the privileges of Preferred Club, including terrace soaking tubs and a 24-hour private concierge, and guests have the best of everything. It's all of this, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Riviera Maya
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort
- Paradisus Cancun
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos