We just returned from a FABULOUS family vacation to the NOW Sapphire July 14-21. We traveled with our kids, ages 8 and 11, along with another family with similarly-aged kids. Overall, I can’t say enough about what a great value this trip was. We were pampered like crazy and enjoyed every minute of both activity and relaxation. Here are the details for those who are interested:
Food – The NOW Sapphire has the BEST food of all of the all-inclusive resorts in Mexico we have tried so far (4 in all). Each of the sit-down restaurants was able to seat us fairly quickly (but do plan to get there before 7:30 if you don’t want to wait). We had delicious dinners with excellent service. Our favorite restaurants for dinner were Paramour (French – adults only) and the Bluewater Grill (seafood & steak). For lunch, the buffet is good (the grill stations are the best choices), but we preferred the beachfront table service at the Bluewater Grill. Their ceviches, burritos and nachos were particularly memorable. We also LOVED Coco Café, the coffee bar, where you could get lattes, espressos, etc. all day long, along with various baked goods. The only caveat about food is that none of the desserts were spectacular, but that has been typical of most of our Mexico stays so far. We would highly suggest that the NOW Sapphire install a soft servce ice cream machine with vanilla or chocolate ice cream! Overall, the kids did really well with the food choices. Even my peanut-allergic daughter was well-accommodated. There are always lots of child-friendly choices like hamburgers, hot dogs and pizza. Room service was great too!
Drinks – We loved the swim-up bar! (Cesar and Antonio are the best!) Mixed drinks were reasonably strong. Chairside waiter service from the bar at the pool was very attentive. The lobby bar was well-staffed and the bartenders there made great drinks too. At dinner, the house red and white wines were sufficiently good, so we didn’t feel the need to purchase any wine. Mini bars were well-stocked with beer, soda and water.
Pool – The main pool was gorgeous and huge. It had a couple of neat features like fountains and bubbly areas. The kids spent HOURS at the pool. They each got a small nick, but it was nothing even requiring a band-aid. The pool is VERY clean and safe! Poolside chairs are hot commodities, so be sure to get a few saved first thing in the morning if you’re planning to be there all day. Towels are plentiful.
Beach – The beach is beautiful and very accessible from the pool and rooms. There are usually ample beach chairs. Wait staff will even bring you drinks from the bar! Yes, there is definitely a fair amount of seaweed on the beach. It is not ideal, but staffers are constantly raking it up, which helps. The seaweed did NOT ruin our fun at the beach. The kids made sand castles, we walked along the shore, we swam in the water and we sea kayaked. Not a big deal.
Rooms – We stayed in the lowest-level junior suite with a jungle view. I would have loved an upgrade to a room on the ocean, but we were in the room so rarely that it didn’t matter. The room was big with a nicely-sized sitting area and patio. We were in building 13 which was close to everything.
Entertainment – We went to a few of the shows. They were exactly what you’d expect at any Mexican all-inclusive resort. Good, not great. The kids enjoyed them though.
Kids Club – The kids club was definitely geared for the younger set. It looked like babysitting to our kids (ages 8 and 11), so they didn’t go. They did participate in bungee jumping (on a trampoline) every afternoon. No ocean trampoline as advertised on the website.
Other activities – This was a really enjoyable resort with a great entertainment staff. The guests actually particpated in the scheduled activities, which made it fun for everyone. We enjoyed beach volleyball, beach soccer, yoga, water aerobics, pool games, casino night etc.
Gym – The gym is not great, but again, this is fairly typical at similar resorts. I used the elliptical machine and some of the weights. My friend used the treadmill and was pleased that it had a working fan! Most days, I just ran on the beach or on the small paved trail within the resort. You can also play tennis, take zumba or salsa lessons, do pilates, etc.
I definitely recommend the NOW Sapphire to couples or families! I would go back in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun. A tropical landscape of evergreen trees, sugar white sand, and sparkling azure sea, Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun offers all the exclusive benefits of Unlimited-Luxury(R). This collection of amenities, led by unlimited gourmet food and premium beverages in five reservation-free, gourmet restaurants and seven stylish bars and lounges, pool and beach wait service, and 24-hour room and concierge service, comes without the wristband many resorts require. Guests will find 496 airy suites boasting such comforts as daily refreshed mini bar, plush robes and slippers, Jacuzzi for two, and private furnished balcony or terrace. Stepping outside means endless activities including Hobie cats, kayaking, windsurfing and nightly entertainment beginning with theme parties and movies on the beach. Plus, there's oversized swimming pools, a fitness center and - for an extra fee - deep sea fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling and golf. A 6,800 yard, par 72 dream course: that is Gran Coral Riviera Maya. From tee time, there's the Spa, offering indigenous treatments ranging from a full body massage to a soothing hydrotherapy. For even more magical moments, the resort has wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, where couples enjoy champagne breakfast in bed, special turndown, private beachfront dinner with rose petal path and candlelight, and more. Add in 15,000 square feet of meeting/conference space and the privileges of Preferred Club, including terrace soaking tubs and a 24-hour private concierge, and guests have the best of everything. It's all of this, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Riviera Maya
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort
- Paradisus Cancun
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos