We went on our honeymoon May 20th-25th and truly enjoyed our stay here.
We booked the ocean front room in advance so we were preferred members from the get go. When we arrived, we were immediately taken to the preferred lounge (drinks and towels in hand) which is air conditioned. They offered us drinks and had light snacks, liquors, and computers for us to use. We checked in and were given a map and since we had some time to kill we went to lunch at the buffet. After an hour, we went back to the lounge where someone escorted us to our room (building 5).
Our room was a first floor ocean front room with a jacuzzi tub on the balcony. We also had a "honeymoon" banner on our door! We got the king size bed we reserved, and our champagne and fruit plate was served within the hour. Having the ocean front room is definitely worth the extra money. Also, shop around weeks because we looked into a regular room and it was around $2500 for the week after our wedding, but two weeks after the wedding the ocean front room was $2300 -- so we felt like it was fairly priced. Being able to walk out the balcony onto the ocean was very nice.
Our trip was great and we left very relaxed.
Tips about your trip:
- BRING SUNSCREEN. This had been provided to us in the past at other resorts, but not this one. To prevent burning, sunscreen is a must.
- shop around weeks if your dates are flexible, this can change the pricing
- Preferred all the way- having access to the lounge is nice, as well as the pool and pool bar. Service is much better at the preferred pool and bar than anywhere else.
- Great breakfast buffet
- Fresh fruit
- Ocean front views
- Nice service (bring cash to tip if possible)
- 15-20 minutes from the airport (VERY Nice)
- variety of food
- no sunscreen, minimal toiletries provided
- housekeeping was average, they did not do anything special (only one towel swan upon arrival) and took our robes away before we checked out so we did not have them our last day :(
- if you do not get to the restaurants when they first open, be prepared to wait at least 45 minutes at all of them except the buffet
- large groups of people can be annoying (not the resorts fault)
*** Romantic Dinner ***
We wanted to do this, but could not fathom spending $180. We used $60 in coupons and spent one morning (from 8:00-10:45) at the "presentation" which gave us another $100 to use. The presentation was not 90 minutes as they claimed, but longer with travel time and eating with the stranger. We were pushed HARD, but we had no money! Maybe we should have began with, "hey, we just need the $100 for dinner. not interested in a time share" However, we knew what we were getting in to so it did not bother us.
About the dinner itself- great service. Romantic. Nice. Sand did not get all over our food which I feared, but it was windy and being on the beach made it a little chilly. If you go in 75-85 degree weather you may want to bring a light jacket or sweater. The food is great and you cannot get it anywhere else on the resort. It was plated well and tasted very yummy. It was worth the $20, but I would not pay full price for it.
Hint- if you want it to truly feel private, go on a night the bluewater grill is closed. The tables are set up right below this restaurant and even with your backs turned to them it still feels like they look down and stare at you while you are eating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun. A tropical landscape of evergreen trees, sugar white sand, and sparkling azure sea, Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun offers all the exclusive benefits of Unlimited-Luxury(R). This collection of amenities, led by unlimited gourmet food and premium beverages in five reservation-free, gourmet restaurants and seven stylish bars and lounges, pool and beach wait service, and 24-hour room and concierge service, comes without the wristband many resorts require. Guests will find 496 airy suites boasting such comforts as daily refreshed mini bar, plush robes and slippers, Jacuzzi for two, and private furnished balcony or terrace. Stepping outside means endless activities including Hobie cats, kayaking, windsurfing and nightly entertainment beginning with theme parties and movies on the beach. Plus, there's oversized swimming pools, a fitness center and - for an extra fee - deep sea fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling and golf. A 6,800 yard, par 72 dream course: that is Gran Coral Riviera Maya. From tee time, there's the Spa, offering indigenous treatments ranging from a full body massage to a soothing hydrotherapy. For even more magical moments, the resort has wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, where couples enjoy champagne breakfast in bed, special turndown, private beachfront dinner with rose petal path and candlelight, and more. Add in 15,000 square feet of meeting/conference space and the privileges of Preferred Club, including terrace soaking tubs and a 24-hour private concierge, and guests have the best of everything. It's all of this, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paradisus Riviera Maya
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort
- Paradisus Cancun
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos