“Fab dive centre” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wet Set Diving Adventures of Mexico

Wet Set Diving Adventures of Mexico
Hotel Ojo de Agua - Av Javier Rojo Gomez & Ejercito Mexicano | Just 2 blocks north of the town square, on the beach. Look for our flags and signs., Puerto Morelos 77580, Mexico
+52 1 998 206 9204
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Wet Set Diving & Snorkeling Adventures is the original PADI scuba diving and snorkeling center in Puerto Morelos, Mexico. Personalized service sets us apart and has been our goal since 1997. Once you check in at Wet Set Divers, you will never have to rinse equipment or carry a tank again. And while you enjoy your adventures on the Mayan Riviera, you can relax knowing that each trip is guided by an experienced professional... This is what we confidently call The Wet Set Difference. We strive to provide the highest quality marine park scuba diving, coral reef snorkeling tours, SNUBA(R) and cenote snorkeling and cenote diving trips in the Riviera Maya. We also offer private tours to Mayan ruins, dive in Cozumel, scuba MUSA sculptures and snorkel with Whale Sharks!
hertfordshire
“Fab dive centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Found this from trip adviser before we travelled. Communication before we travelled was excellent. Lindsey responded to my emails promptly and accomodated our choice putting together a great value package. We stayed at the ocean coral and turquesa which was 10 min drive away. We hired a car and the centre was easy to find with Lindsey's instruction and there was parking. We did our adventure diver with them and got all the online theory complete before we went. Remus was our instructor and really made the wreck dive great. He was very friendly and knowledgable and ensured all our kit was set up and put on the boat for us. We only qualified last year so we are still novice divers and were made to feel safe and at ease at all times. The equipment was of a very good standard they also provided plenty of water and a snack between dives with towels and a shower on return to the duve centre. I would definetly recommend wet set all the staff were great and from start to finish it made a great experience for myself huaband and 13 year old son. We also booked the whale shark experience with them which was definitely worth it. The company they used was great and they collected us from our hotel. Do not hesitate to book with them you will not be disappointed. Thanks wet set for making our trip to Mexico a memorable one. Very happy family.

Brooklyn, New York, United States
“My first diving experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I was recently in Puerto Morelos for three weeks, and among many unexpected things, I’ve come back with an open water diver certification-- thanks to Wet Set! My friend, who has been certified for years, convinced me to give scuba a go and I immediately fell in love with it after my discovery dive. This is something I was hesitant about so it was nice that they offer something like a discovery dive. All of the instructors gave me the sort of assurance and direction so that I wanted to go forward with a certification. For me, the actual dives were just half of what made this such a great experience. The positivity of the Wet Set crew mattered more to me than I would have thought. These are some really cool, good-hearted people who make you feel a part of the community as soon as you arrive. A safe space for sure—everything is well organized and taken care of so that all you have to worry about is keeping your eyes and ears open for direction. I had a chance to see an awesome 10 year old boy get his junior certification so, definitely kid friendly. The shop also participated in Dive Against Debris which I was able to partake in during my stay. Of course, you are sure to see some awesome life! The crew will sit down with you afterwards to help you identify anything that you saw. I expect to be on the lookout for dive shops in my future so, I’m glad that I have a shop like this to go off of. Happy diving!!

Red Deer, Canada
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

My wife and I went to Wet Set during our second honeymoon, she had the trip pre booked prior to our trip to Mexico and got good feedback and timely responses to all her e-mails. We booked a re cert for our open water certification in the morning and two dives in the afternoon. Our dive master was excellent, my wife had a few anxiety issues when the dive started and but DM was amazing with her and had us going down to depth in no time. Like most tropical dive locations, the scenery was great and the DM was knowledgeable about the area and knew where all the goodies were hidden. The dive shop is small but well stocked with everything you need. There is a small restaurant and bathroom facilities in the same courtyard as the dive shop. There are no lockable storage facilities, but you can leave your stuff in the dive shop to be watched over by an employee or gets locked up while you're diving.

Visited September 2013
Telford, United Kingdom
“Wish we had done it sooner, so we could do it again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We we're staying near Puerto Morelos to visit friends who live locally and they planned a snorkelling trip with Wet Set for us during the 2nd week of our stay. We have never snorkelled as a family and with friends before. The help and advice given by the Wet Set Staff was amazing, from sorting out kit which would fit us, to running through what we might see to taking us out to the reef. They were friendly, knowledgeable and ran through everything that we needed to know before we even got on the boat. We had 2 45 minute sessions in 2 areas of the reef as part of 1 snorkelling trip and the variety and colours of sea life available to view was spectacular. This was the best experience we have ever had on a holiday and it beat Florida hands down! We only wish our friends had arranged this during our 1st week in Mexico, so we could have gone back and done it again! 11 out of 10. We will return. For reference they are also substantially cheaper than any excursion to do the same organised by your tour operator. Get in touch with Wet Set and get a taxi there direct. You'll save money and have more fun being in a smaller group. If you own a water proof camera, put it on a wrist strap and take it with you. We recommend that.

Prince George, Canada
“Best Diving Experience I have had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I dove with WetSet last month and were extremely satisfied with their service. We stayed at the Now Jade Resort as we were there for a wedding, and dove with them for three days, and went snorkelling with whale sharks, booked by them, one day. My boyfriend did his Open Water Diver certification with them, and they were very helpful and professional. They were also very good at letting us dive together, as his skills would only take a few minutes at the start of the dive and we could dive together for the rest of the dive. Rimas was our dive master and he was very friendly and a great dive master. The dive sites were great, we saw huge schools of fish at Fish Market and were lucky enough to see sea turtles, a nurse shark and flounders as well. The group sizes were small, on 2 of 3 days we had the boat to ourselves, and on the third day we were in a group of four. Our whale shark snorkelling experience was also great. The company that WetSet booked us with was very professional and picked us up at our resort. We snorkelled with a group of 60 whale sharks, and it was truly amazing. They also provided lunch and snacks. I have dove in Cuba, Puerto Vallarta, and with Scuba Libre in Playa del Carmen, but I would go back to WetSet out of all of these places. The town of Puerto Morelos is also very beautiful and is a great place to stay or spend the day. I would highly recommend WetSet for any diving or snorkelling trips in the area.