“Fantastic Snorkeling experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 41 Activities in Puerto Morelos
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Diving Dog Tours provides a unique Fishing or Snorkeling experience in a tranquil atmosphere - aboard well- equipped boats , where you are not treated as one of many, but as an individual. We are 15 minutes from the Cancun airport.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Denver
“Fantastic Snorkeling experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

My family and I recently visited the town of Puerto Morelos, MX. We decided to take a snorkeling trip, unsure if my 6 year old and 8 year old would be able to do it. The tour was on time and Kelsey was there to greet us. Diving Dog tours had a variety of life vests, fins, and masks to accommodate both my children as well as my 6'5" husband. Jorge the snorkel guide was wonderful! He was able to explain the instructions in English for my children to be able to understand.
My children are not good swimmers and again, I was worried that they wouldn't be able to do it. Jorge was wonderfully patient with my children. He helped them to get used to the mask in the water and then allowed my 6 year old to hold the life ring that he pulled. My son was able to just float along side Jorge. My son couldn't lift his head from the water he was so amazed by the underwater world below! We saw starfish, sting rays, lobsters, crabs, fish and coral of every color. The scenery was breathtaking! After the first stop, we asked the kids if they'd like to continue to the second snorkel spot! They shouted YES! We continued to the second spot and it was equally enjoyable. The kids were so amazed and excited with the trip that they wanted to go back the next day!
Thank you Diving Dog Tours for a fantastic snorkeling experience!!! We can't wait to come back!

Ontario
“The highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

My husband and I went out on a fishing and snorkeling trip with Diving Dog tours, and I honestly can't say enough good things about them! Kathy was fantastic at helping me organize this surprise for my husband; she replied to all of my emails quickly and answered all my questions ahead of time, before we even left home. She arranged for us to be picked up on the beach right in front of our hotel, and made a personalized fishing/snorkeling package for us. Kelsey met us right at the beach, and she was lovely as well.

Our guides, Martin and Mariano, were fantastic!!! So friendly and helpful, it made the day so much fun. We caught a BUNCH of different fish, and just had a blast. They even brought us back to Puerto Morelos so we could purchase some Diving Dog t-shirts, before they took us back out snorkeling. Martin was so knowledgeable about all of the various types of coral and fish that we saw. We saw these huge tour groups out snorkeling, and we were so thrilled so have these two guides all to ourselves...and for SUCH a reasonable price!

If you are considering a fishing or snorkeling tour while you're in the area, definitely book with Diving Dog tours! They are all so friendly and helpful, it was honestly the BEST day of our trip. We are planning next year's trip already and will be booking another fishing trip for sure!

louisville, ky
11 attraction reviews
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

Had a terrific dive with Diving Dog on May 22, 2010! Jorge and Guadalupe showed us a fantastic time at a truly gorgeous reef! Want to thank Kelsy, also!
Puerto Morelos is a picturesque, quaint, laid-back little town, worth the drive. And while you're there, go snorkeling with Diving Dog!!

Ocean Pines, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Snorkeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

We stayed at Dreams Resort and met Kelsey on the beach as we were walking into town (Puerto Morelos) . We scheduled a snorkeling trip for the following morning. The next day dawned but was a bit windy, so I called Kelsey to see if we could cancel and go the next day. She said sure.The next day was more windy than the day we cancelled, but it was the last day of our vacation, so we all went out with our Guide, Jorge and our Captain, Guadeloupe. The trip was fantastic. We saw a turtle,a yellow ray and a live conch, not to mention many many beautiful fish and the beautiful wreath. The warmth of all of the locals that we met in Puerto Morelos was just terrific. We have been coming to Mexico every year for the past 25 years. We are planning to visit Mexico twice this year and twice next year. We plan to return to Puerto Morelos next year and will again snorkel with Diving Dogs.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great people, great snorkel tour for family with small children!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

We took our two boys, ages 6 & 7 snorkeling for the 1st time with Diving Dog Tours, in Puerto Morelos just south of Cancun. We booked online - and after a small computer snag sent our request to Junk mail, (but was solved, once I followed up w/ phone call) we were booked a couple weeks prior. Kathy & Kelsey worked with us and the weather to ensure our boys had a safe and great 1st experience. Jorge, our guide & Gordo our boat driver handled us with "kid gloves". My 7 yo was a little overwhelmed, but Jorge was wonderful and helped him find his comfort level. The reef is fabulous, shallow with large schools of fish. We saw so many wonderful fish and marine life. The beach and village are "screen saver" goregous. Kathy, Kelsey & Jorge all helped us with lunch recommendations, PM town info and getting taxi's. We returned 5 days later to snorkel with DDT's a second time and spent another afternoon at the beach. Good snorkeling, but the people made it a wonderful experience. We plan to see our new friends next year.