“Great Value - Great Fun for the Family” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 41 Activities in Puerto Morelos
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Diving Dog Tours provides a unique Fishing or Snorkeling experience in a tranquil atmosphere - aboard well- equipped boats , where you are not treated as one of many, but as an individual. We are 15 minutes from the Cancun airport.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Value - Great Fun for the Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We set up a snorkeling trip with Diving Dog Tours. Kathy was very reponsive to email in helping me set up an excursion for our group. Our group arrived at the dock early and Kathy and her team were there waiting for us. Kathy is super friendly and her crew is very knowledgeable and friendly. We had a great time. Our friends did a fishing tour with Diving Dog and enjoyed their experience as well. I love to snorkel when I go to the Riveria Maya and I will definitely be contacting Kathy when I am back in the area!

Omaha, Nebraska
“An Adventure We Will Never Forget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

From beginning to end, Dog Dive Ventures in PM is outstanding. Kathy was very quick to respond to emails before our trip. We rented a panga style fishing boat for 4 of us. It was a great price. Beer, water and snacks included - which was a plus.

Took a cab from Now Jade Resort to the dock in PM. It was a bout $10 US. Kathy was on the dock with her crew ready to greet us. Two of her crew took us out on the water. We trolled for about an hour and a half, didn't catch anything, but the view of the coast line was amazing. We moved to a couple different spots and started bottom fishing for apx. 3 hours. All (4) of us caught fish. We caught grouper, banana fish and yellow tail. We caught 5 or 6 fishing just using the hand line and no rod, which was a great experience.

We were able to keep our catch and have the resort cook it up. It was the most rewarding and best fish all of us have ever eaten! The weather was a bit windy the day we went, but the most fun was getting caught in a bit of a rain storm. It was really exciting and a memory our group will never forget.

We can't say enough good things about Dog Dive Tours. Top notch service and knowledge of the water. We had both people who had ocean fished and first timers in our group and everyone agreed it was a great time and would all recommend Dog Dive Tours again in the future.

Phoenix
3 attraction reviews
“Personalized snorkeling!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We recently got back from our trip to Mexico. Before leaving home, I wanted to make sure we had some excursions set up so that there was no chance they would be sold out when we arrived. Myself, my husband, and our 17 yr.old daughter took a 2 hour snorkeling trip and we had probably the best snorkeling ever. The reef is close and the water is so shallow you can snorkel right over all the coral formations and sometimes be skimmed by them! It was just the three of us and our guide, Roger, (I'm sure that I don't know how to pronounce his name so we will go with that!) It only cost us $90 for the three of us and we went to two different stops on the reef. We saw stingrays, a turtle, lobsters, starfish, conch shells, moray eels, and more fish than I can mention. We set up our tour with Kathy via e-mail before our trip and took a taxi to downtown PM for 200 pesos. It seemed to be a fixed price by the resort. We met Kathy immediately on the waterfront and we quickly paid, and got on the boat! The nice thing was that Roger dropped up off on the beach in front of our resort when we were finished so we didn't have to spend money on a taxi for the ride home. Kathy also offers deep sea fishing, which if we return we will definitely want to do. Roger was an awesome guide and pointed out a lot of sea life that we might have missed if we hadn't been shown where to look! Thanks Kathy!

Colorado Springs
“Absolutely FABULOUS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I contacted Diving Dogs based on reviews I found here on TripAdvisor (and well, I love dogs so there ya go), and boy am I glad I did. Four of us were booked into the Iberostar Paraiso resort and we knew that we wanted to do a couple of different snorkel trips. The first we did was with the on-resort company, Dressel Divers. It was okay, but was marred by idiots who didn't understand the concept of not kicking the coral with their fins and one of them even grabbed a conch shell and took it with him. The guides on the boat were aware of this and did nothing to stop him.
Then two days later we had our reservations with Diving Dogs. We had to take a taxi into Puerto Morelos, which cost about 250 pesos (about 20 US.) We were met at the taxi drop off site by one of the DD employees, who then led us down to the dock. Then the guide came and made sure we all had our equipment and gave us the floatation belts we unfortunately had to wear because it is a National Reef Park we were going to.
It is a small boat, so there were only 8 of us on it, (which is so much better than many companies that pack 30+ people on and in my opinion this really ruins the whole experience of snorkeling). The ladder to get back into the boat was easy to navigate, and the crew was very helpful in making sure everyone got back on board safely.
We were taken to two different sites, the first was amazing... the second, all the way out at the reef break, was mind blowing. Keep in mind all four of us were seasoned snorkelers and have even been on a few dives, but this reef was just amazing. Coral upon coral upon coral. And both guides were very knowledgable about all of the creatures living in this paradise.

When our time was up, the crew dropped the other people off at their resort's beach (because it was close) and headed back to the dock with us. We had decided we wanted to do a little shopping, so declined their offer to get us a cab. We spent about an hour in town and just as we were getting ready to think about heading back to the resort, here comes Martine, the fabulous guide, and he calls us a taxi and waits there with us until it arrives.

So, in review... Diving Dogs ROCKS! Their costumer service is outstanding, and they really know the reef and the denizens with which they work. I would HIGHLY recommend booking with them.

Manitou Springs, Colorado
“Best snorkeling trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We just got back from a week on the Mayan Riviera with some friends. One of the friends was the one who set up our trip, so she'd have to attest to the ease of booking aspect though I think she said it was a cinch. we took a 15 or 20 minute taxi ride from our resort (Iberostar) to get to Puerto Morelos.

During our week in Mexico, we did 3 snorkeling trips aside from snorkeling on the resort beach. On a previous trip we snorkeled in Cozumel, but we were lumped in with a bunch of scuba divers and so it was like us snorkelers were an afterthought. The Cozumel reef we swam over was nice but deeper...so you couldn't get up close to the coral or fish, and I really didn't see much.

One of the other trips we did this time was through the resort we were at. it was nice, but the guide sort of "salted" the water by crumbling up a biscuit to attract the fish. I enjoyed it anyhow. And Xel-ha is always a favorite, the fish just get so huge in there--but no real coral due to the mixed water. So that's my spiel on the OTHER snorkel trips.

All this to say; Diving Dogs was by far the best of all that we've done in Mexico. Martine and Roger were our guides and so good-humored and knowledgeable. The reef was shallow and the coral was fantastic. There was a huge variety of fish and I really appreciated seeing everything in this totally natural habitat...without the aid of biscuits or theme park. The guides set a good pace and pointed out the most interesting things. we also got the longest snorkel time at two different sites with different flora and fauna, compared to the other places we went.

This was the best snorkeling we've done, regardless of price, but the price (even if I factor in our taxi ride down and the tip we gave the guides) beat out everything else we did as well. I also appreciated Puerto Morelos. To be sure, the stores on the plaza are aimed at tourists like ourselves, and on the flip side I can say I really love the pampering we get at our resort...but I really like the toned-down, laid-back attitude of a small seaside village.

Next time we are in the area, I am going to make a point of another Diving Dogs snorkel trip!! I highly recommend them!