What was supposed to be a one-hour ATV ride, turned into all day miserable experience for me and my family.
BOOKING THE TOUR
- Booker changed our tour three times during the week. We originally signed up for horseback riding and ATV riding. On day 1, he told us to come back 30 min later for pick up after the tour was booked. We arrived and he told us there was a 20 min delay. We waited at a nearby restaurant and after 20 min, he came to get us and told us the tour couldn’t be booked for today. We changed the date to Christmas Day, which he assured us they would be open. We then booked an additional tour for the day to go jet-skiing, which turned out fine.
- On Christmas morning, the booker cancelled our horseback riding and he booked us for ATV rides only. We agreed, but had to wait an additional 30 min for pickup. We had about 8 other adults in the van for the tour.
- The place was not really open for business. Only a handful of operators were there, as well as two cars of their family members.
- The bathrooms were not operable. No water was running to them so you couldn’t flush the toilet or wash your hands. They ran out of toilet paper.
- No drinks were offered or available.
- No food was at the site.
- It took about 1.5 hours to get us going on the one-hour ATV ride.
- The ATV ride was decent. We went blazing through the jungle full throttle and stopped occasionally for our tour guide to take his pictures. I would have preferred to stop along the way to take in some sites and get to know more about the jungle.
- After our ride, the other group departed on their ATV ride. They were ziplining and went to the water hold while we were riding. It was just before dusk when they departed. Our tour guide offered us to go ziplining as well on 11 lines. I declined but the other 3 adults with me decided to go. After two lines, the other female returned. She said that she felt unsafe since there was only one operator along.
- The generator supplying lights to the waiting area went dead. The family waiting for the operators got into their two cars and left. We now noticed that the van driver was gone also.
- My husband and son returned and wondered why we were in the dark. I told him that the generator had stopped, the people had left and the van driver was gone. He was looking for our guide and he had disappeared also. By now it was dark and there was no one around. We in the jungle, in the dark, with threats of jaguars running about (and who knows what other wild animals) and no one from the tour company. We used our phones to provide us with our only lights. After an hour like this, two people finally appeared and went into the jungle to work on the generator. He would appear now and then, but he was so focused on working on the generator, he barely acknowledged us and wouldn’t give us any straight answers. We wanted to know how long we would be there, where the driver had gone to. My husband inquired about the other tour group riding ATVs in the dark and the guy said it wasn’t a problem since the ATVs all have lights.
- After two hours in the dark, the van driver reappeared and other tour group returned. Only two of their ATVs (ridden by the guides) had lights. The rest had ridden in the dark, which they didn’t seem happy about.
- At 6:45 we finally piled into the van and noticed a case of Corona in the back. Other tours offered beverages during the ride, but this case just sat unopened.
- We arrived back to our hotel after an exhausting, frustrating day!
- The next day, my husband we to talk to the booker. They were closed. He called them and told them about our experience. They cursed at him and told him he was a liar. He agreed to meet my husband at an agreed up time and the guy never showed.
- Tour booker lied! He’s friendly to get your money, but can’t deliver. He’s located directly across the Riu Palace Las Americas Hotel. See my two photos where they set up shop. Stay away if you don’t want to be ripped off!
- Unsafe operation! During the zip line, they only had one operator. My husband had to clip and unclip himself to/from the line. During our Selvatica Zip Lining (the most awesome experience!!!!!), they had operators sending and receiving people on the lines the safe way.
- We wasted our entire Christmas Day with these people! A one-hour ATV ride should not have taken an entire day.
If you own or manage Gorilax Jungle Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.