To start of with, we have to say that this resort completely exceeded all our expectations!
We're extremely picky travellers and used to clean high-end 5* resorts with excellent service, food and etiquette. This Dreams resort exceeded all our expectations, for a super low price!!!
It is new (less than a year old), staff goes above and beyond their call of duty, the grounds are very clean, child friendly resort, the food is absolutely excellent (no worries about food poisoning here!!!), rooms are gorgeous (almost all are beach view - if you're lucky you'll have a jacuzzi on your patio - this may be a preferred guest feature tho! We had one and enjoyed it every evening as we looked out onto the ocean, ground floor rooms also have their own private plunge pools and some also have the jacuzzi additional - <premium rooms>), and the beach is clean and safe.
If you go to this resort:
Top restaurants at the resort- French (amazing food and service!!) & Italian (best minestrone ever!!), Asian (great menu & selection!) and the restaurant by the pool has excellent steaks!!!. A great feature for all eateries - no reservations! all you have to do is show up! Another great feature is the coffee shop :)!!!
As for reservations, you aren't allowed to hog beach or pool chairs. So, those travellers who get up at the crack of dawn to reserve the best chairs are SOL, because staff removes unoccupied chairs after 30 minutes-hour.
There is nightly entertainment ( a lounge singer) in the main lobby, a disco but no stage with tacky loud shows. It is all very classy.
The only drawbacks of the resort are - sometimes it takes a while to get service at the beach bar (staff is sometime busy washing drinking glasses - eco friendly resort - no throw away cups!!!); for scuba diving, you can book at the resort but the actual scuba shack is at the next resort over, and we found their staff was kind of rude - we only went on one scuba trip because of that! The staff of the coffee shop rotates and some don't know how to make a good latte yet ;) - but you can just direct them a little if needed.
The water at the beach can be a little cloudy sometimes - there is grass about 15 feet in, but if you snorkel up to the chain, you will see some fish there ( saw bright yellow and blue ones at the concrete anchors!!!)
In summary, again, we had an amazing time there, and we are definitely going back, possibly to have our wedding there in the fall!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos